Does This Strike Anyone Else As Strange?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://news.bostonherald.com/national/view.bg?articleid=32470

Teresa insists hubby `likes people'
By Noelle Straub
Saturday, June 19, 2004

WASHINGTON - Trying to erase the image of her husband as aloof, Teresa Heinz Kerry yesterday insisted Sen. John F. Kerry [related, bio] ``likes people'' and went so far as to say he would make a great nursery school teacher.

``He actually does feel at ease in the world,'' Heinz Kerry said.

``He likes people, in spite of whatever people might think. He'd make the best nursery school teacher in the world, bar none.''

Heinz Kerry also called her husband ``magical with children,'' adding, ``That's a new revelation to me.''

The outspoken potential first lady made the comments to a mostly female audience of 2,500 at a fund-raising luncheon here that netted $1.3 million.

Kerry has long had a reputation as standoffish, and Democratic strategists fear the image may cost him in comparison to President Bush's easygoing manner.

Heinz Kerry took veiled aim at Bush, saying if Kerry is elected, he will go to the United Nations and ``represent this country with great pride, but no arrogance.''

``He will never, ever, ever send any children, or men - as he was with young men in Vietnam - into harm's way without being the first one to go out on the boat,'' she said.

Addressing terrorism, she said, ``We're not going to fight terrorism with missiles, we're going to fight terrorism with ideas. And I think that John knows that, deep down.''

wow. thats a hell of a trick. Not only can John Kerry stick both of HIS feet in his mouth, he can put his wifes in their as well. :clap: :clap: :clap: :laugh:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
wow. thats a hell of a trick. Not only can John Kerry stick both of HIS feet in his mouth, he can put his wifes in their as well. :clap: :clap: :clap: :laugh:
:p:

Originally posted by Kathianne
http://news.bostonherald.com/national/view.bg?articleid=32470

Teresa insists hubby `likes people'
By Noelle Straub
Saturday, June 19, 2004

WASHINGTON - Trying to erase the image of her husband as aloof, Teresa Heinz Kerry yesterday insisted Sen. John F. Kerry [related, bio] ``likes people'' and went so far as to say he would make a great nursery school teacher.

``He actually does feel at ease in the world,'' Heinz Kerry said.

``He likes people, in spite of whatever people might think. He'd make the best nursery school teacher in the world, bar none.''

Heinz Kerry also called her husband ``magical with children,'' adding, ``That's a new revelation to me.''

The outspoken potential first lady made the comments to a mostly female audience of 2,500 at a fund-raising luncheon here that netted $1.3 million.

Kerry has long had a reputation as standoffish, and Democratic strategists fear the image may cost him in comparison to President Bush's easygoing manner.

Heinz Kerry took veiled aim at Bush, saying if Kerry is elected, he will go to the United Nations and ``represent this country with great pride, but no arrogance.''

``He will never, ever, ever send any children, or men - as he was with young men in Vietnam - into harm's way without being the first one to go out on the boat,'' she said.

Addressing terrorism, she said, ``We're not going to fight terrorism with missiles, we're going to fight terrorism with ideas. And I think that John knows that, deep down.''

I guess i'm not see what the problem is.

What is wrong with what she is saying?

Originally posted by Kathianne

Addressing terrorism, she said, ``We're not going to fight terrorism with missiles, we're going to fight terrorism with ideas. And I think that John knows that, deep down.'' [/B]

Well,

First, if Bush was going to be arrogant about it, he would have told the UN that combat operations were starting about 10 minutes before hand, instead of going to the UN for one more resolution, presenting their case against Iraq, etc. like we did.

Second, I'm glad the Kerry got "wounded" three times in the line of duty. Great. But it still begs the question: Why is Kerry's military service of utmost concern when Bill Clinton's military service (or utter lack thereof) was never a concern?

Third, the time to "fight terrorism with ideas" was over on 9/11. It is now time to fight terrorism with bullets, until the terrorists concede and end their war against the US. Until such time, any concession will only make the US look like we are losing staying power.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Well,

First, if Bush was going to be arrogant about it, he would have told the UN that combat operations were starting about 10 minutes before hand, instead of going to the UN for one more resolution, presenting their case against Iraq, etc. like we did.

Second, I'm glad the Kerry got "wounded" three times in the line of duty. Great. But it still begs the question: Why is Kerry's military service of utmost concern when Bill Clinton's military service (or utter lack thereof) was never a concern?

Third, the time to "fight terrorism with ideas" was over on 9/11. It is now time to fight terrorism with bullets, until the terrorists concede and end their war against the US. Until such time, any concession will only make the US look like we are losing staying power.

Seems it is your turn to post your thought before I could get mine up here.

Well said.

"He will never, ever, ever send any children, or men - as he was with young men in Vietnam - into harm's way without being the first one to go out on the boat,'' she said.
Yeah, I bet he will. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by MrMarbles
I guess i'm not see what the problem is.

What is wrong with what she is saying?

What is wrong is that it's a load of crap. Any time someone tries to convince people that John Kerry is a "regular guy", I think about that picture of him painfully trying to eat that Philly Cheesesteak. He looks about as natural as a trout in the desert.

As far as everything else, it's just idiotic rhetoric. I love the idea of fighting terrorism with ideas. Daniel Pearl had an idea to talk to the terrorists and write a little liberal puff piece for The New Yorker because he thought they just wanted to be heard. The terrorists had the idea of cutting his head off and leaving his body to rot.

Here's an idea: KILL THE BASTARDS!
Oh. Guess President Bush already had that idea.

Geeez what the heck is she gonna say next? "My husband is almost a real person who can empathize with all you plebes that should vote for him. But please don't ask to come to the White House after his election as you're all on the "B" list."

Originally posted by phadras
Geeez what the heck is she gonna say next? "My husband is almost a real person who can empathize with all you plebes that should vote for him. But please don't ask to come to the White House after his election as you're all on the "B" list."

Yes, Mr. Everyman:

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040620_771.html

NANTUCKET, Mass. June 20, 2004 — After a week of campaigning for the less fortunate, John Kerry went on vacation with the fabulously wealthy.

...Kerry was educated at boarding school in Europe, prep school in New England and at Yale. He married two wealthy women and his second wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, is heir to the $500 million Heinz food fortune....

...Shortly after securing the Democratic presidential nomination in March, Kerry took off on a skiiing and snowboarding vacation at the couple's nearly $5 million home in affluent Ketchum, Idaho.

Kerry spent Father's Day weekend at his wife's $9.1 million, five-bedroom waterfront home on Nantucket, where people get dressed up for dinner and the men aren't afraid to wear pink jackets known locally as Nantucket red.

The Nantucket Independent reported last week that the average home sold for $1.4 million and that desirable weekly summer rentals can cost $25,000 or more.

Forum List

Back