Does this quote sum up American politics???

BOBO

The Magnificent!
Jun 24, 2011
Spokane area
"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing... after they have exhausted all other possibilities." {Winston Churchill}

...because mega rich elitist pubs come up with ALL kinds of crappe the dupes will swallow, thus keeping the status quo of crappe as long as possible...witness NHC, 60 years after every other modern country- if we're lucky...stupidest party EVAH!

No, I think it's cynical and unfair. People, American or otherwise, don't always do the right thing first, but they don't generally wait until it's the only option.

...me that America did not wait until all other options were exhausted! Ron Paul has the guts to stop this madness by shrinking government, but the American constituency has become so nannyfied that their terrified of shrinking their government god. Like can ya say... 'By by Stars & Stripes & hello China', the new world superpower!

No, I think it's cynical and unfair. People, American or otherwise, don't always do the right thing first, but they don't generally wait until it's the only option.

"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing... after they have exhausted all other possibilities." {Winston Churchill}

Winston ought to know about getting it right after exhausting every other possibility....
Gallipoli

Here's a more accurate description.

"Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods."

- H. L. Mencken -​

It's even worse then that. Americans generally don't ever do the right thing. they've done the wrong thing every time for the last 100 years.

It's even worse then that. Americans generally don't ever do the right thing. they've done the wrong thing every time for the last 100 years.

You really hate this nation and everything it pretends to stand for, don't you?

Forum List

Back