Does This Piss You Off? Why Not?

I'd say this is a pretty fucking dumb thing to get mad at. BP did exactly what any other organization does when the wheels come in. You do a spit shine and smile till your elbows are numb.

It would seem to me, that BP would have had hundreds of people on the shorelines cleaning up the oil anyway. To remove them after the POTUS leaves is what ticks me off.

I'd say this is a pretty fucking dumb thing to get mad at. BP did exactly what any other organization does when the wheels come in. You do a spit shine and smile till your elbows are numb.

It would seem to me, that BP would have had hundreds of people on the shorelines cleaning up the oil anyway. To remove them after the POTUS leaves is what ticks me off.

It doesn't matter. This is truly one of the dumbest things to get upset about.

What's the news coming out of Grand Isle, Louisiana?

For days there have been about 12 BP workers each day cleaning up the beach.

All of a sudden BP busses in 300-500 people- gives them t-shirts- and pants- and shovels

can you imagine the coincidence involved when the president just happened to show up on that stretch of beach on exactly that day

and the coincidence that they quit work after the president left- BP said it was because of the long hours in the hot sun.

they were paid 12 bucks an hour

and to think- I never believed in coincidences before- and here is two in 1 day

Link?

Think Progress KATRINA TIMELINE

PRESIDENT BUSH STAGES PHOTO-OP “BRIEFING”: Coast Guard helicopters and crew diverted to act as backdrop for President Bush’s photo-op

LEVEE REPAIR WORK ORCHESTRATED FOR PRESIDENT’S VISIT: Sen. Mary Landrieu, 9/3: “Touring this critical site yesterday with the President, I saw what I believed to be a real and significant effort to get a handle on a major cause of this catastrophe. Flying over this critical spot again this morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a Presidential photo opportunity; and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a single, lonely piece of equipment.” [Sen. Mary Landrieu]

BUSH USES 50 FIREFIGHTERS AS PROPS IN DISASTER AREA PHOTO-OP: A group of 1,000 firefighters convened in Atlanta to volunteer with the Katrina relief efforts. Of those, “a team of 50 Monday morning quickly was ushered onto a flight headed for Louisiana. The crew’s first assignment: to stand beside President Bush as he tours devastated areas.” [Salt Lake Tribune; Reuters]
12PM CDT — BUSH “SATISFIED WITH THE RESPONSE”: “I am satisfied with the response. I am not satisfied with all the results.” [AP]
PM — FEMA’S NO. 2 OFFICIAL “IMPRESSED” WITH GOVERNMENT RESPONSE: “I am actually very impressed with the mobilization of man and machine to help our friends in this unfortunate area….I think it’s one of the most impressive search-and-rescue operations this country has ever conducted domestically.” [Time]

But don't worry. Laura Bush thinks the storm is working out great for the people of NO

FORMER FIRST LADY PATRONIZES POOR REFUGEES: Former First Lady Barbara Bush says, “Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them.” [American Public Media, 9/5/05

are you trying to tell the people of La that we are better off with the present incompetent fool in office now with the oil slick than we were with the other incompenent fool in office during Katrina?

If that's not it I can't figure out why bush was mentioned on this thread. When we are trying to deal with tragedys down here we don't spend the time trying to differentiate between incompetent fools. It's not productive

But don't worry. Laura Bush thinks the storm is working out great for the people of NO

FORMER FIRST LADY PATRONIZES POOR REFUGEES: Former First Lady Barbara Bush says, “Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them.” [American Public Media, 9/5/05

are you trying to tell the people of La that we are better off with the present incompetent fool in office now with the oil slick than we were with the other incompenent fool in office during Katrina?

If that's not it I can't figure out why bush was mentioned on this thread. When we are trying to deal with tragedys down here we don't spend the time trying to differentiate between incompetent fools. It's not productive

Get used to it.....they bring up Bush everytime Obama screws up. It's the way those who admire Obama try to cover O's arse. Some just can't seem to let go of Bush.

yep- it's ok to do it because that's what everyone always does.

I don't mind being over here on the "fucking dumb " side as long as it keeps me separated from the sheep

Obama will be back there on Friday, gettinggold. Let us know if this recurs, okay?

President Barack Obama will return to the Louisiana coast Friday to assess the latest efforts, his third trip to the region since the April 20 disaster. It's also his second visit in a week.
The White House said the federal government was sending BP a $69 million bill for costs so far in the spill. Spokesman Robert Gibbs said the bill was the first to be sent to the oil company, which leased the rig that exploded April 20 and sank two days later. Eleven people were killed.

BP CEO: 'We will be here for a very long time' | cleveland.com

yep- it's ok to do it because that's what everyone always does.

I don't mind being over here on the "fucking dumb " side as long as it keeps me separated from the sheep

Basking in the slick manufactured outrage doesn't just make you a sheep, it damn near puts you in a mattress commercial with a number taped to your side and an annoying voice.

It's not simply "this is what everyone does" but also......there is no real harm being done by playing cya on this level.

I'd say we'll need 500 people on the beaches a couple of weeks after the leaks have been fixed a lot more than right now. But don't let common sense ruin a good whinefest. Cheese along......

What's the news coming out of Grand Isle, Louisiana?

For days there have been about 12 BP workers each day cleaning up the beach.

All of a sudden BP busses in 300-500 people- gives them t-shirts- and pants- and shovels

can you imagine the coincidence involved when the president just happened to show up on that stretch of beach on exactly that day

and the coincidence that they quit work after the president left- BP said it was because of the long hours in the hot sun.

they were paid 12 bucks an hour

and to think- I never believed in coincidences before- and here is two in 1 day

Link?

PRESIDENT BUSH STAGES PHOTO-OP “BRIEFING”: Coast Guard helicopters and crew diverted to act as backdrop for President Bush’s photo-op

LEVEE REPAIR WORK ORCHESTRATED FOR PRESIDENT’S VISIT: Sen. Mary Landrieu, 9/3: “Touring this critical site yesterday with the President, I saw what I believed to be a real and significant effort to get a handle on a major cause of this catastrophe. Flying over this critical spot again this morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a Presidential photo opportunity; and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a single, lonely piece of equipment.” [Sen. Mary Landrieu]

BUSH USES 50 FIREFIGHTERS AS PROPS IN DISASTER AREA PHOTO-OP: A group of 1,000 firefighters convened in Atlanta to volunteer with the Katrina relief efforts. Of those, “a team of 50 Monday morning quickly was ushered onto a flight headed for Louisiana. The crew’s first assignment: to stand beside President Bush as he tours devastated areas.” [Salt Lake Tribune; Reuters]
12PM CDT — BUSH “SATISFIED WITH THE RESPONSE”: “I am satisfied with the response. I am not satisfied with all the results.” [AP]
PM — FEMA’S NO. 2 OFFICIAL “IMPRESSED” WITH GOVERNMENT RESPONSE: “I am actually very impressed with the mobilization of man and machine to help our friends in this unfortunate area….I think it’s one of the most impressive search-and-rescue operations this country has ever conducted domestically.” [Time]

So your defense is " Booosh did it!"?

But lets look at both situations Katrina and the current oil leak.

After Katrina, Bush was on site four days after the fact, the reason he wasn't there sooner was because he did not want to disrupt rescue and relief efforts.

The reason bush didn't visit NO for four days was

a) he was on vacation
b)Bush wasn’t made aware of the failed response until four days after the storm hit
Witness List

And after he toured NO, he said he was pleased with the rescue effort even though people were still dying in NO. ANd when he did visit, he diverted recue equipment for his photo ops, as my link proves.

bush visit did hamper the relief efforts. He diverted firefighters and NG members. ANd once again, the wingnuts are proving that all they care about is photo ops.

Wrong. It took him two days before he cancelled his VACATION and merely announced the formation of the task force. A week later, HeckuvaGoodJob Brownie, said that he didn't realize how bad the storm was.

Some task force and some coordinated response. The guy in charge of the mission didnt know what was going on

Bush didn't appoint a "Katrina czar" until TWO MONTHS after Katrina hit.
Nation & World: Bush names a hurricane recovery czar - US News and World Report

In Jan 2006, bush again rejects an investigation, rejects a bill for reconstructionof NO, and gives a SOTU speech that doesn't mention Katrina once.

It took Obama almost two weeks to appoint Adm. Thad Allen to direct the Gulf of Mexico oil leak response.

It took bush TWO MONTHS to name a Katrina czar

And where Obama has ordered an investigation into this accident, bush rejected any investigations.

You idiots are stuck on stupid. Your link proves nothing.

Bwahahaha! Another wingnut gets pissed because the facts have a liberal bias

Facts are facts, Katrina made landfal on the 29 of August, two days later Michael Chertoff released a memo to other cabinet members and the Environmental Protection Agency stating that, "the President has established the 'White House Task Force on Hurricane Katrina Response.' He will meet with us tomorrow to launch this effort." The memo also declared Hurricane Katrina to be an Incident of National Significance and designated Michael Brown, Under-Secretary for Emergency Preparedness and Response (EP&R), as the Principal Federal Official (PFO) for incident management purposes.

Umm wrinting a memo saying you're going to do something is not the same as actually doing that something. bush lied. It took 2 months for bush to appoint a Katrina czar:lol::lol:

Bush did say he was pleased with the efforts and he also stated that the result of relief efforts were "not acceptable".

And you think that makes sense?:cuckoo:

bush was "pleased" with the "not acceptable" results!!!!:lol::lol:

Get used to it.....they bring up Bush everytime Obama screws up. It's the way those who admire Obama try to cover O's arse. Some just can't seem to let go of Bush.

Pigs only cry when they're annoyed or hurt. All the whines from the wingnuts tells me I hit a sore spot when I point out how bushs incompetent response to Katrina demonstrates that the haters don't care about the cleanup; They only want to attack Obama

Forum List

Back