Does This Piss You Off (2)- Why Not?

The OP is either an outright lie, or hearsay.

You mean like your John Adams quote in your sig?

I know that is popularly quoted amongst a lot of atheists websites, but I've yet to see any legitimate link that supports that quote. Maybe you'll be the first... or maybe not. ;)

It's from the Treaty of Tripoli, signed by John Adams.

OK, I think she should have won the Noble Prize.

Not because I hate a certain politcian, or for some political stance, but for her bravery for saving, and trying to save, children during the war.

Not because I hate a certain politcian, or for some political stance, but for her bravery for saving, and trying to save, children during the war.
Yep.

Apparently her story is true, but it is only speculation that she was nominated. They don't release names for fifty years.

Sad to see her used as a tool to bash Al Gore.

Yep.

Apparently her story is true, but it is only speculation that she was nominated. They don't release names for fifty years.

Sad to see her used as a tool to bash Al Gore.

Yes, exactly.

The OP is either an outright lie, or hearsay.

I know that is popularly quoted amongst a lot of atheists websites, but I've yet to see any legitimate link that supports that quote. Maybe you'll be the first... or maybe not. ;)

How many times does this rather famous document reference God being involved in the foundation of our government? Who signed it?

The Declaration of Independence - TEXT

How many times does this rather famous document reference God being involved in the foundation of our government? Who signed it?

You're really gonna bring up the Declaration?

The only "God" mentioned is "Nature's God".

When God is capilatized it is recognized as being the Christian God. But if would care to debate further, we can do so. BUt I warn you, you will end up resorting to name calling and tantrum throwing, t he proof of our Christian beginnings is OVERWHELMING.

When God is capilatized it is recognized as being the Christian God. But if would care to debate further, we can do so. BUt I warn you, you will end up resorting to name calling and tantrum throwing, t he proof of our Christian beginnings is OVERWHELMING.

Why would that be? Because you and other Christians say so?

The Declaration of Independence was written by Thomas Jefferson, who was NOT a Christian - he was a Deist. Look up the Jefferson Bible.

The Declaration of Independence was written by Thomas Jefferson, who was NOT a Christian - he was a Deist. Look up the Jefferson Bible.

Because that's the standard accepted form.

Oh, Jefferson was involved with the DoI so of course it means we aren't a Christian nation?

I invite you to look at this, where it shows that roughly 90% of our founding fathers were indeed Christians.

Religion of the Founding Fathers of America

DO you know what the words "Laus deo" mean, and where they can be found?

snopes.com: Laus Deo and Washington Monument

Oh, Jefferson was involved with the DoI so of course it means we aren't a Christian nation?

I invite you to look at this, where it shows that roughly 90% of our founding fathers were indeed Christians.

It doesn't matter what percentage of our founding fathers were Christians. You brought up the Declaration - which was written by Jefferson, who was NOT Christian - to prove that this country was founded as a Christian country.

Just because a country was founded by people who were mostly Christian, doesn't make it a Christian country. Iceland was founded by Vikings. Does that make Iceland a Asgaardian country?

It doesn't matter what percentage of our founding fathers were Christians. You brought up the Declaration - which was written by Jefferson, who was NOT Christian - to prove that this country was founded as a Christian country.

Just because a country was founded by people who were mostly Christian, doesn't make it a Christian country. Iceland was founded by Vikings. Does that make Iceland a Asgaardian country?

As a matter of fact it does. DUH. Just like Mexico is a country of primarily latino descent.

As a matter of fact it does. DUH. Just like Mexico is a country of primarily latino descent.

"Latino" isn't a religion, my friend.

And Iceland is a Christian country by it's Constitution. Not Norse, or Asgaardian - which was the religion of the Vikings.

And Iceland is a Christian country by it's Constitution. Not Norse, or Asgaardian - which was the religion of the Vikings.

Ok substitute Catholic for latino. Same difference.

You're arguing if were a Christian nation today, we are not. But we WERE founded as one.

You're arguing if were a Christian nation today, we are not. But we WERE founded as one.
Uh...no.

Nobel people don't give out the names of the nominees, or who came in second. lots of folks get 'nominated' but that is just self serving. The Nobel people don't release that info.

That said, giving it to Gore or 0bama is more than a little stupid.

No, we were not. In fact, we were very clearly NOT founded as a Christian country. At the time of the founding fathers, almost every country in the world, Amsterdam excepted, had a State Religion. The US was very clearly founded as the opposite of that.

No, we were not. In fact, we were very clearly NOT founded as a Christian country. At the time of the founding fathers, almost every country in the world, Amsterdam excepted, had a State Religion. The US was very clearly founded as the opposite of that.

Oh, I'm sorry - I was under the impression you were smart enough to differentiate Christian nation from State sponsored religion. I will not make that mistake again.

Nobel people don't give out the names of the nominees, or who came in second. lots of folks get 'nominated' but that is just self serving. The Nobel people don't release that info.

That said, giving it to Gore or 0bama is more than a little stupid.

Nobel nominee
In 2007 considerable publicity[11] accompanied Sendler's nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize.[12] While failed nominations for the award have not been officially announced by the Nobel organization for 50 years, the International Peace Research Institute, Oslo, reported in 2007 that Irena Sendler's nominator had made the nomination public.[13] Regardless of its legitimacy, talk of the nomination focused a spotlight on Sendler and her wartime achievements. The 2007 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and former Vice President of the United States Al Gore.[14]

Irena Sendler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Confirmed Nominations:

[Although nominators are strongly requested not to publish their proposals, the following list of nominees is confirmed only to the extent that the nominators have apparently chosen to publicise their choice anyway]

Irena Sendler, a 96-year old Polish woman who saved more than 2,500 Jewish children from the Warsaw ghetto during the Holocaust. Nomination supported by a petition organised by the Polish Jews Forum, Polish President Lech Kaczynski and Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.
Sail Training International, UK-based charity that promotes international understanding and friendship through sail training for young people. Nominated by Svein Roald Hansen, member of the Norwegian Parliament for Fredrikstad.
Al Gore, former US vice president and environmentalist, together with Sheila Watt-Cloutier, a Canadian Inuit activist, nominated by Norwegian politicians Heidi Sørensen and Børge Brende.
Sri Chinmoy Kumar Ghose, Indian philosopher and spiritual leader, nominated by Walter Dorn, Associate Professor at the Department of Defence Studies, Royal Military College of Canada.

Nobel Peace Prize 2007: Nominations & Speculations - PRIO

need more links showing it was published?

Forum List

Back