Does this offend you as an American?

There you have it then. I have no problem with the flag of Mexico being flown in the proper manner. I teach a lot of kids from there, and they respect both the American and Mexican flag. In our school we STILL say the pledge of allegiance every day before class starts. (It's an Indianapolis Public School-I'm on my lunch break right now sitting in my classroom that is 90 degrees INSIDE...anyhoo......)

My father and brother are both Vets, so the flag even has more meaning to me, as I'm sure it does others.

(did this go too off topic? sorry!=don't mess with the American Flag!)

I don't think you went off topic, Echo. If this turns into a thread about Patriotism, that works for me, too. :eusa_angel:

Good for you! YAY! I am glad to hear that the Pledge of Allegiance is alive and well .. just as our Flag is. :eusa_angel:

477141360_23de6b0f92.jpg

I could not have said it better. :lol:

I don't think you went off topic, Echo. If this turns into a thread about Patriotism, that works for me, too. :eusa_angel:

Good for you! YAY! I am glad to hear that the Pledge of Allegiance is alive and well .. just as our Flag is. :eusa_angel:

477141360_23de6b0f92.jpg

I could not have said it better. :lol:

I'm perplexed that you do not find it offensive that some people want to put God above the United States and force little children to swear to that, when you are otherwise so offended by the sight of a Mexican Flag flying above
the Stars and Stripes. :cuckoo:

Speaking as a retired Navy man, I can confidently say this........

If you're not proud of this country, leave. Don't come back until you are capable of adjusting your attitude. Not only that, but, if some wetback motherfucker is going to display MY flag, symbol of MY country, in as disrespectful as you did, then, I say that you ought to be chased out of this country by a Predator drone with a gatling gun attached, or, better yet, chased out by a Reaper drone.

If you're illegal, I hope that you are chased by demons every night. If you're legal, then keep doing good.

If you're on the fence, I hope you get right before you're eaten alive.

I'm perplexed that you do not find it offensive that some people want to put God above the United States and force little children to swear to that, when you are otherwise so offended by the sight of a Mexican Flag flying above the Stars and Stripes. :cuckoo:

What? I can't belive in both? :eusa_think: Interesting .... very interesting. Thanks for trying to make chose. Didn't work, Bozo! :slap:

Last edited:
Speaking as a retired Navy man, I can confidently say this........

If you're not proud of this country, leave. Don't come back until you are capable of adjusting your attitude. Not only that, but, if some wetback motherfucker is going to display MY flag, symbol of MY country, in as disrespectful as you did, then, I say that you ought to be chased out of this country by a Predator drone with a gatling gun attached, or, better yet, chased out by a Reaper drone.

If you're illegal, I hope that you are chased by demons every night. If you're legal, then keep doing good.

If you're on the fence, I hope you get right before you're eaten alive.

I will drink to that! :eusa_angel:

it is offensive, and if these people can not appreciate the country that is putting food on their family's tables then THEY DON'T BELONG HERE....I can NOT understand why these illegals would want to stay in a country that they HATE....the US of America, and not in the country that they obviously love, Mexico.....
You have failed to understand the true agenda. These people don't see this as the United States of America, but the future Nation of Aztland, populated by La Raza: The Nation of Aztlan on Technorati

it is offensive, and if these people can not appreciate the country that is putting food on their family's tables then THEY DON'T BELONG HERE....I can NOT understand why these illegals would want to stay in a country that they HATE....the US of America, and not in the country that they obviously love, Mexico.

if they were americans, or immigrants that were here legally, and this was a protest of such....fine, it is within their rights and God Bless America...for allowing dissent....

But if they were ILLEGALS trying to make some point by putting their country's flag, above our flag in distress, (upside down), ON OUR SOIL and they think this is going to make some brownie points and immigration law go in their favor, they can kiss my grits! This really pisses me off....and I am a daughter of an immigrant, a legal immigrant and she has only praised the USA, and is GREATFUL to be living here, even with all of our faults....

my mom speaks/reads 7 languages and is "traveled".... so she reads foreign EU papers on the internet to keep up with what is going on in Europe...italian, spanish, greek, french etc and even through some pretty crappy things were going on in our country with our government and other disturbing things, when ever I complained, she always tells me, "my name", you have no idea what you have here in this country....if you could read all the stuff that I can read about in other countries and with other country's governments and people's communities etc, as bad and corrupt as things may seem to be here, it is soooooo much more corrupt over there....still a true class system too..."
America, is still better is what she tells me....it's the greatest country in the world, and even when our gvt messes up here, the PEOPLE fight back and have a never ending spirit of making things better, improving...kicking the corrupt suckers out....she says we haven't been BROKEN, but many countries have been, with complete apathy.

so, maybe I am taking this a bit too hard or personally....and this is why this really pisses me off.... :(

Care

OH, HERE is the original story's link

U.S. flag flying upside down and below Mexican flag-Truth!

I don't think your taking it to hard or personally, I think your right on the mark. That's why they do it, because they know it pisses true Americans off.

Does anyone actually KNOW who did this? Was it done by immigrants to piss off citizens or was it done by citizens to piss off immigrants?

Yeah, but the snopes article never says what it was done for...so my question remains unanswered.

Are you blind? On the snopes site it says ......

Photograph shows a Mexican national flag flown above an upside-down U.S. flag during a high school protest over immigration reform.

.....at the very top of the page.

Damn! What more do you want?

Forget it! Ravi obviously never opened the Snopes link .... it explains the whole damn thing in ENGLISH! She isn't "blind" she doesn't know how to read!!! :cuckoo:

Are you blind? On the snopes site it says ......

Photograph shows a Mexican national flag flown above an upside-down U.S. flag during a high school protest over immigration reform.

.....at the very top of the page.

Damn! What more do you want?
No, I'm not blind. It still doesn't say who flew it and for what reason.

No, I'm not blind. It still doesn't say who flew it and for what reason.

Do you know how to scroll down on a website? Obviously not! We are not your very own personal version of 'google' .... look it up if this is not good enough for you. Will that work? :doubt:

Do you know how to scroll down on a website? Obviously not! We are not your very own personal version of 'google' .... look it up if this is not good enough for you. Will that work? :doubt:
I read the entire thing. It says some kids were busted for it, but their names weren't released, nor were their motives.

So, tell me, why are you so certain it was immigrants that did this?

I read the entire thing. It says some kids were busted for it, but their names weren't released, nor were their motives.

So, tell me, why are you so certain it was immigrants that did this?

Can you point were I said it was immigrants? That is NOT my website! Holy shit! :doubt:

Forum List

Back