Does this look familar?

rcajun90

Jul 7, 2005
New Orleans, Louisiana
http://www.atlasvanstolk.nl/exhibitions/floodsof1953.shtml

This stuff happened to Holland back in 1953. They decided not to cut and run from their own country. All New Orleans is asking the same. The entire country of Holland is below sealevel. I'm not going to get into the crap that I've had to since Katrina. You want to abandon an American City? Landrieu is on TV right now asking the government to allow Louisiana to keep its oil and gas revenue for 8 years and we will fix the problem ourselves. Let's see how that plays in D.C.

rcajun90 said:
http://www.atlasvanstolk.nl/exhibitions/floodsof1953.shtml

This stuff happened to Holland back in 1953. They decided not to cut and run from their own country. All New Orleans is asking the same. The entire country of Holland is below sealevel. I'm not going to get into the crap that I've had to since Katrina. You want to abandon an American City? Landrieu is on TV right now asking the government to allow Louisiana to keep its oil and gas revenue for 8 years and we will fix the problem ourselves. Let's see how that plays in D.C.

I think only certain people are asking to abandon the portions that are below sea level. I certainly don't agree with them, New Orleans is an awesome place and needs to be rebuilt so I can get some food. I mean where is is there any good andouille sausage made? Anyway, I digress. Nobody has seriously considered abaondoning NO, at least nobody that I know has. Everbody knows that the city will be rebuilt.

This was already rejected by D.C. (the keep the oil revenues), they have voted y'all enough money to get the job done without resorting to such tactics. That she doesn't want federal oversight doesn't change the fact it is needed, even if we do allow y'all to keep the oil revenue. We don't trust your local government, they haven't shown us any reason that we should.

On the flip side, how feasible is it to rebuild neighborhoods that are 4-10 feet below sea level? Should the US taxpayer be forced to pay millions upon millions of dollars for the convenience of a few NO residents? It would be significantly cheaper to "buy them out" and move them somewhere with positive elevation.

no1tovote4 said:
I think only certain people are asking to abandon the portions that are below sea level. I certainly don't agree with them, New Orleans is an awesome place and needs to be rebuilt so I can get some food. I mean where is is there any good andouille sausage made? Anyway, I digress. Nobody has seriously considered abaondoning NO, at least nobody that I know has. Everbody knows that the city will be rebuilt.

This was already rejected by D.C. (the keep the oil revenues), they have voted y'all enough money to get the job done without resorting to such tactics. That she doesn't want federal oversight doesn't change the fact it is needed, even if we do allow y'all to keep the oil revenue. We don't trust your local government, they haven't shown us any reason that we should.

Many people on this board seem to have hated the city and do not want to see it rebuilt. Even the speaker of the House said the whole place should be bulldozed. So forgive me if I seem to have a chip on my shoulder. Thank you for your support. I really don't follow the logic. We are Americans, I know of three people that are fighting for this country in Iraq. We are rich in oil and gas. So let's drain the state dry and screw the people that live there? As far as the areas greatly below sea level, I would have argued with you but it is now obvious to me that the 9th ward which was a poverty belt anyways and floods when a cold front comes down should not be rebuilt.

As far as our state and local politicians, we don't trust them either. We had a parish councilman here in St. Tammany that has charges against him for extorting a FEMA agent for 100,000. I want a federal agent in charge of the money and the rebuilding. We were trying to reform our political system and believe it or not Blanco was voted in as a reformer. She isn’t corrupt from what I can tell but just incompetent.

As far as the sausage, I was never a fan of it but if you are hungry for it you can find it here. http://www.cajungrocer.com/product_info.php?products_id=354
I much rather boudin and use any pork sausage for my gumbo.

gop_jeff said:
On the flip side, how feasible is it to rebuild neighborhoods that are 4-10 feet below sea level? Should the US taxpayer be forced to pay millions upon millions of dollars for the convenience of a few NO residents? It would be significantly cheaper to "buy them out" and move them somewhere with positive elevation.

Four feet? Very feasible. Ten and up I don't know. They have recently found that the leeves were not built the way they should have been. The steel was suppose to go down at least 20 feet but in many areas they are finding that they only went down 10 feet. BTW the simple dirt leeves which were suppose to be outdated and weak didn't break.

New Topics

Forum List

Back