Does this even make sense?

Ravi,
If I were you, I would back up whatever personal files you want or need to save, and then do a clean install of the OS. If you are using Internet Exploit, stop. Stick to Firefox. Make sure that when you surf the web, you do not allow Java Script. An excellent free tool you can use, is "NoScript." You can download it by clicking on Tools > Add Ons > type in NoScript > install.

I would also install McAfee Site Advisor. It is free. Once installed, it will show you the dangerous sites to stay away from, when you do internet searches via your web browser.

Thanks, all. I do all those things, BGG...and like I said, I'm pretty sure my virus blocker actually blocked it...I was just curious if what I described was actually possible. I did not know that something from another site could get you if you didn't go to the site.

Thanks, all. I do all those things, BGG...and like I said, I'm pretty sure my virus blocker actually blocked it...I was just curious if what I described was actually possible. I did not know that something from another site could get you if you didn't go to the site.

Technically speaking, it is possible if the images or scripts from site A are improperly linked to in the first place, to site B. If you allow script access on site A, then your computer would be at risk.

Forum List

Back