None of the funds provided by this Act may be made
4 available to the State of Illinois, or any agency of the
5 State, unless (1) the use of such funds by the State is
6 approved in legislation enacted by the State after the date
7 of the enactment of this Act, or (2) Rod R. Blagojevich
8 no longer holds the office of Governor of the State of Illi-
nois.

http://readthestimulus.org/hr1_text.pdf

Now I am no fan of Blago, but or should I say BUT as far as I know he has not been convicted of anything yet.

This is just another example of the government overstepping its bounds.

None of the funds provided by this Act may be made
4 available to the State of Illinois, or any agency of the
5 State, unless (1) the use of such funds by the State is
6 approved in legislation enacted by the State after the date
7 of the enactment of this Act, or (2) Rod R. Blagojevich
8 no longer holds the office of Governor of the State of Illi-
nois.

http://readthestimulus.org/hr1_text.pdf

Now I am no fan of Blago, but or should I say BUT as far as I know he has not been convicted of anything yet.

This is just another example of the government overstepping its bounds.

I believe that was put in by two Illinois congressmen, to protect the money from being misspent, if Blago wasn't gone by passage. I'd say that it's moot now.

Moot now BUT it should never have been in the text of the bill.

what other heavy handed government coercion is contained in the pages of the "stimulus"

I'm just waiting for Blago to be found "not guilty" when he finally goes to trial. I suppose I should say "if he goes to trial". Don't get me wrong; I think the guy is a schmuck. But I'm not convinced that there is enough evidence to convict the guy, nor that he should be convicted.

Maybe I haven't heard all of the evidence. From what I have heard, he made statements concerning what he could do, but he never actually did anything illegal concerning Obama's Senate seat.

Yeah, it never belonged there. The way our government works is so confusing.

I'm just waiting for Blago to be found "not guilty" when he finally goes to trial. I suppose I should say "if he goes to trial". Don't get me wrong; I think the guy is a schmuck. But I'm not convinced that there is enough evidence to convict the guy, nor that he should be convicted.

Maybe I haven't heard all of the evidence. From what I have heard, he made statements concerning what he could do, but he never actually did anything illegal concerning Obama's Senate seat.

I really don't care anymore, as long as he is out. I also hope he starts ratting the others out, as he knows what's what. He pretty much warned about that last night, in an impromptu news conference at his home.

SOMEbody really does not like Blago, that's for damned sure.

They defintiely wanted to insure that the impeachment took the man out of office.

Now whether or not he's guilty of anything, I cannot say, but the above makes me very suspicious that we are NOT getting the whole story here.

SOMEbody really does not like Blago, that's for damned sure.

They defintiely wanted to insure that the impeachment took the man out of office.

Now whether or not he's guilty of anything, I cannot say, but the above makes me very suspicious that we are NOT getting the whole story here.

Seriously, if the Congress of the United States at the behest of the President (?) goes so far as to condition government funding on the removal of a presumed innocent publicly elected official one has to wonder what kind of damage exactly this guy (Blago) could do.

Frankly, I won't be surprised if Blago winds dead in a ditch somewhere.

My theory is that since our entire system of funding politics is corrupt every once in a while the boys in the back room decide that one of their ilk (preferable one that has pissed off a LOT of people already) must take a fall so that the American people are deluded enough to think that the system isn't ENTIRELY a scam.

Scapegoating is all part of the plan, folks.

Blago died for your favorite politican's sins.

Wasn't Blago heard to mutter under his breath before the vote was cast"

Forgive them father. They know not who they impeach.

No?​

Well then...I must have been misinformed.​

Forum List

Back