Does the Word 'Racism' Really Mean Anything Any More?

What is racism (multiple answers allowed)

• laws and policies that discriminate on the basis of race

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • laws and policies deliberately designed to favor some races and disfavor others

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • anything that supports white people keeping power in our country

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • being rude to minorities

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • anything that supports Western Civilization

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • disagreeing with a liberal

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • wearing the regalia or supporting a known racist group like the KKK or neoNazis

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • anything I say it is whenever I want to say it is

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I dunno, whats the chanel the game i on?

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
All that time in the public spotlight and Trump was never racist until he won the Republican nomination. :rolleyes:

Troof! :04:
It is psychology that they are using when they slams the race card on someone. Pres.Trump wasn't expecting them to say those things right out in the public. And so they disturbed his train of thought to prevent him from focusing on the real subjects. Now everyone is focusing on these accusation that Pres.Trump is a racist. Which it has thrown everything off from Hillary's emails. Now they can say, that the people careless about the email. That they don't need to spend tax payer's money on that investigation, since nobody care about it. But they will say that everyone interest is, that they want to know if Pres.Trump a racist. So then the polls will say that the majority wants to know if he were a racist. So then they will start another investigation on him about the accusation of him being a racist. They uses these polls for an excuse to start these investigations. But there are no polls that are against the Dems. Except for small little things like, the polls will say that the Dems doesn't dress up fancier enough. So then Pres.Trump will have to give them a raise so that the public will be pleased.

Racism is when six hood rats beat up an eighty year old white man for wearing a MAGA hat.
Racism is when hood rats block white and Asian Berkeley students from using a bridge to get to class.
Racism is when hood rats defend hood rat crimes.

Our nation can't get away from racism. I realize that every time Democrats like AOC play the race card.

The DOJ called Trump a racist in the 1970's. That's at least how long he has been a racist.

I grew up in the South during the Civil Rights revolution, and back then the term 'racist' meant that you favored laws and policies that discriminated against individuals because of their race. Therefore, segregation laws and Jim Crow was rightfully viewed as racism, which it was.

Then it began to morph into other things, like policies with disproportionate impact. I noted at the time that the advocates of regarding laws and policies with a disproportionate impact to be all about what favored whites and disadvantaged minorities exclusively. If something had a disproportionate impact against whites and in favor of minorities, well that was OK and everyday Middle Class people began to speak of 'reverse racism', etc which all the talking Heads and Social justice Warriors dismissed with as much condescending scorn as possible. But it still was not 'equal rights' which most felt was the ideal standard for a fair and jkust government.

Now everything is racist if it goes against what our Progressive minority wants done. You want our nations immigration laws enforced; that's racist. You want law and order? That too is racist. You want to verify that only eligible voters can vote, well that is racism, etc, etc.

So what do you think racism is really?

I think in your first paragraph, you are talking about popular usage of the term, based upon what was the most serious offences of that time. In the 1930.....racism could be lynchings, castrations, false arrest to work chain gangs, all perpetrated upon blacks. It does not mean that racism is limited to those things brought into focus that popularized and became associated with the use of the term "racism", however.

Things that are considered racism now were still considered racism them, but were not focused on simply because they were focusing on the more egregious racial acts back then. They did not have time to worry about lesser forms of racism. Its like a city experiencing a wave of murders and robberies and the police department focusing on that and ignoring crimes that are simple misdemeanors or petty theft, property crime and the like. Fast forward a decade and the city has reduced murders and robberies considerably. Now they have time to focus on the other lesser crimes. Its not that the definition of crime has changed from murder and robbery to petty theft, property crime, misdemeanor. Rather, once the more serious crimes were got under control, resources can be focused on lesser crimes.

This country has made great progress against legalized racism and the violent racism of lynchings, castrations, unlawful arrest, cross turnings, etc. This was considered "racism" back then, but the mistake people make is the assumption that these things were the definition of racism. Hence, now that those things have been dramatically reduced in America, to the point that its rare to hear about, people erroneously believe that racism is a thing of the past. Racism is alive and well, I hate to report, however. It's just in its misdemeanor form, as opposed to the felonious form of the past. Misdemeanor and felony only separate severity of the crimes.....both are still examples of CRIME. The same is true for racism. Less severe forms of racism and the past more severe form of racism are both still RACISM. No definitions have changed, only the type of racism brought into focus for the public has changed.

If all racism from whites ended in their hearts and minds, it only human nature for blacks to continue to see racism as the root of anything negative done by white individual or society....against blacks. Whites don't want to live with that truth.......but that is the burden many of your antecedents created and left you with. Don't get mad at blacks for doing what any human do in that situation....coming out of centuries of racial oppression....the motives of whites will continue to be assumed racist for generations, until proven otherwise. Complicating that is the FACT that racism NEVER ENDED from the hearts and minds of whites. What percent of whites need to be racist before racism can be considered an issue for blacks? There are nearly 6 whites for every 1 black in America. Thus, if only 16% of whites were racist. That would be one racist white person for every black person in the country. What if those people were hiring managers, police officers, judges, loan officers, doctors, teachers, etc? What impact would their racism have on black people as a collective....as each person in such a position will likely touch the lives of many blacks? Sure, there are laws against discrimination...but how do you know that you have been treated differently, based upon your race, unless you witness a white person in your similar situation being given better treatment? You don't and you can't....but that is where social controlled experiments and studies have been done and the results of the study show CLEAR EVIDENCE of racial discrimination overall in this society.

So yes....racism is alive and well and the definition has never changed.

What is Polite White Supremacy?

Polite White Supremacy is the notion that whites should remain the ruling class while denying that they are the ruling class, politely. Affectionately, it’s called #PWS for short. It has been referred to as the Casual American Caste System, Delicate Apartheid, Gentle Oppression, or what I like to call it after a few drinks: Chad Crow, the super chill grandson of Jim Crow.

No but seriously, Polite White Supremacy is very real. So why is it that we must specifically say ‘Polite White Supremacy’ rather than Racism? We must say Polite White Supremacy for three reasons. First, saying #PWS puts the responsibility solely on the creators of a systemic problem. Second, this phrase addresses the subtlety and casualness with which oppression is administered. Thirdly, it eradicates the all-too-common confusion between racism and prejudice. It’s important to eradicate this confusion so it can be clear that racism is tied to a power structure and access to resources.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN
RACISM AND PREJUDICE

Racism and prejudice are NOT interchangeable. Racism is the systemic oppression of one group of people who can be categorized within certain phenotypical traits over multiple generations that has been, at one point, sanctioned by a country, the majority and/or ruling class. Racism is committed only by the ruling class and agents of the ruling class because they have the power that comes with racism. Racism, in America, is absolutely the attack dog of the white ruling class. However, sometimes it’s also a slow poison in that it causes its victims to die of exhaustion or grief. Again, racism is a kind of prejudice that comes with power. Racism is the systematic and intentional oppression of group of people from the ruling class and its agents. In America, the ruling class is white people…of all classes.

America has been playing a centuries-long game of ‘stop hitting yourself’ while holding the arms of Black America.

Prejudice, though harmful, is not necessarily systemic and can be committed by anyone. It simply requires one to pre-judge. It does not require its user to have any access to the ruling class or status of whiteness. However, you have to be part of or support the ruling class to wield the power of racism. Those who are not part of the white ruling class, yet support white supremacy of any form, are called agents of white supremacy. They are not white, but benefit in some direct way from empowering and enforcing white supremacy often times on their own people. Historically black overseers and house slaves were bestowed more rights, and ultimately more power during slavery. These were employed agents of white supremacy who oppressed their fellow blacks. This employment was a status. It was a form of racist power that white slave owners gave to black overseers as a way to also instill mistrust within the black community. Prejudice alone, has no real power without the system of control and power to support it.

OVERT RACISM TO COVERT RACISM:
THE EARLY STAGES OF POLITE WHITE SUPREMACY

Today’s covert version of white supremacy is a lot more subtle than having black overseers beat their fellow slaves. Nor is this power the same as buying or selling your slaves children for a good price, using black children as alligator bait, cutting open pregnant black women, castrating black men, generational rape and molestation of black women and men, and lynchings of those who were accused of making whites nervous. This is something more subtle than that. The ruling class has begun to employ a particularly clever passive tactic to remain in power while denying this power. They pretended this was the natural way for society to function and influenced perception by using double standards in language as a starting point.

The passive methods of #PWS have been ingrained in almost every facet of American society to such a point that speaking about it’s existence seems mythical. It’s not a unicorn though. In fact, bringing it up causes people of all colors to feel discomfort because Black Americans have become accustomed to appeasing the comfort levels of white fragility. As a result, certain black folks think about white reactions first before doing any action. This subservience illustrates the passive ‘slow poison’ effect of polite white supremacy that still effects many Black Americans until this day.

The Subtle Linguistics of Polite White Supremacy - YawoBrown - Medium

I think that an '-ism' is an ideology of some sort, and the thing that precedes the '-ism' is the thing/person who represents the core of that ideology.

So the fasces symbol of unity above all else represent the core of 'fascism', Marx the core of Marxism, etc.

Racism is any set of ideologies or set of values that measures a person solely on the basis of their race.

This distinguishes racism from bigotry, the latter of which is simplistic preference for ones own kind and can be based on religion, ethnicity, clothing, and so forth. IT is less dangerous than full blown racism due to being thoughtless and emotional in origin. IT is still bad, but is an unavoidable by product of love for country, state and neighborhood, which are all good things usually.

The cultural Marxists are over using the term racism and are turning it into a bad joke, a meaningless verbal lash that has been worn out completely. Young people even joke about being a racist.

Racism is not an ideology. It's the propensity to judge persons based on their phenotype, particularly ascribing lower worth in any form based on race (phenotype). It need not be the only grounds for judgment, as racism and misogyny (and other prejudices) can well overlap.

Bigotry is a personal trait obstinately to insist on one's own opinions and being intolerant towards the opinions of others (no matter how reasonably supported).

The two (racism and bigotry) have little to do with each other, but they can marry, as we see many racists who are also bigoted (ineducable, not amenable to reason) in their racism. Racism and ideology can also marry, so as to "justify" the racism - forming "scientific racism" in the process - and to shield the racist core against intrusions by reason and facts.

"Cultural Marxism" is a stupid buzzword circulating in rightarded circles, denoting everything they don't like, find liberal or progressive, and labeled as such in the hope it's somehow denigrating. I have yet to see anyone capable of giving a concise meaning of the expression. It amounts to "bad - dunno why".

Finally, as to "overuse": The complaint amounts to little but "I'm fine with the racism as it currently is, don't want to be bothered with it, and particularly do I not want to be forced to think about it. So, eff off!" It's like kids and the monster that goes away covering the eyes. "Racism" means what it means and has meant for a long while. No detectable change, except for the ever more strident whines about "Why, oh why, do you have to bring it up all the time?" Because it's important, and it's urgent.

But I still think someone who views Semites as a different race can be racist, even if Syrians can be blonde and blue-eyed (not saying they all are, but some are) and Saudis are generally pretty dark.
Meh, that is a pet peeve of mine, the misuse of words normalizing itself through common usage.

I cant stand it when I hear people say 'I could care less', when they mean that they could NOT care less, bastards.

But being a liberal, you are probably OK with that, arncha? :D
I don't think that has much to do with being a liberal, words change their meaning over time. It would be great if we all had use English from the time of Shakespeare, most people, myself included, would not understand some words, and the grammar might be a little different.

I'm not crazy about the word "anti-Semitic" to be fair, because it is not what it is at face value.

Forum List

Back