Does the US government know where bin Laden is?

Does the US government know?

• Yes, the US government knows where he is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We used to know where he was, but we lost him once Obama became president

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sheldon

Apr 2, 2010
I read a post on here yesterday where someone said that if OBL was killed, he'd become a martyr and his death would be used as a recruiting tool. It made sense. Maybe the US government has no incentive to kill OBL.

I made a poll, just thought it'd be interesting to see what USMB thinks.

He dead.

Back in 2001 he was suffering from type II diabetes and needed dialiss. If a bomb didn't kill him, lack of medical care did.

Honestly, I just don't know what the government knows or doesn't know. If they truly know where he is, they should get him and get it over with. I would like to think they would do that. Also because Obama's popularity is in the tank, if he could capture him I am sure it would improve his dismal popularity numbers . My guess, is that if he is still alive, the government doesn't have a clue as to where he is. But then again, nothing surprises me anymore. He may be living in Brooklyn working as a cab driver.

There was an intelligence report back in 2002 that said Bin Laden had died in a cave where he was unable to get his dialysis treatments. By all appearnaces, the Bush and now Obama Admins. decided it's better to keep his legend alive for the war effort and morale, and as an ace in the hole for future Mid-East wars.

*Historical trivia

When Russian troops invaded Berlin in 1945 after the bombing campaign, Hitler's dead body was found. Stalin instructed his generals that no one was to know of his death --he knew that 'enemies' were far more valuable than victories to his propaganda campaign back home.

We in the west never had confirmation that Hitler was dead until Glasnost in the mid 80's.

Last edited:
He dead.

Back in 2001 he was suffering from type II diabetes and needed dialiss. If a bomb didn't kill him, lack of medical care did.

Honestly, I just don't know what the government knows or doesn't know. If they truly know where he is, they should get him and get it over with. I would like to think they would do that. Also because Obama's popularity is in the tank, if he could capture him I am sure it would improve his dismal popularity numbers . My guess, is that if he is still alive, the government doesn't have a clue as to where he is. But then again, nothing surprises me anymore. He may be living in Brooklyn working as a cab driver.

i think we likely got him in Tora Bora with a thermobaric bomb
but there wouldnt be much left of him but maybe a splotch of DNA on a cave wall
but keeping him alive as a legend seems to fit the purposes of both sides
the US for having the enemy still at large hoping to keep complacency at a minimum, and for Al Qaeda to use him as "surviving everything we threw at him"

I think he is dead, and has been for a few years. I think any video we see, was one made before he died.

He dead.

i think we likely got him in Tora Bora with a thermobaric bomb
but there wouldnt be much left of him but maybe a splotch of DNA on a cave wall
but keeping him alive as a legend seems to fit the purposes of both sides
the US for having the enemy still at large hoping to keep complacency at a minimum, and for Al Qaeda to use him as "surviving everything we threw at him"

That's what I'm thinking. Both sides have a vested interest in keeping his name alive, even if he isn't physically.

He dead.

^^ this.... we've been chasing a ghost for 8 years, and Rummie/Cheney knew it.

Renal failure... it's kind of a big deal.

He dead.

What makes you sure that he doesn't have access to medical care?

The way the story went (and I admit that I heard this mentioned one time, and one time only on the news segment of that bastion of mainstream credibility; "Coast to Coast AM" back in 2004), that Bin Laden had been pinnned down unexpectedly in a cave for some days while U.S. troops were in the area looking for him.

Last edited:
∑₭o Đ∆Żə;2768435 said:
He dead.

The way the story went (and I admit that I heard this mentioned one time, and one time only on the news segment of that bastion of mainstream credibility; "Coast to Coast AM" back in 2004), that Bin Laden had been pinnned down unexpectedly in a cave for some days while U.S. troops were in the area looking for him.

Seems specious. Keep in mind that al-Qa'idah has an extensive, global network of resources (including medical care, presumably) and that al-Zawahiri is a surgeon.

∑₭o Đ∆Żə;2768435 said:

Seems specious. Keep in mind that al-Qa'idah has an extensive, global network of resources (including medical care, presumably) and that al-Zawahiri is a surgeon.

The world may never know. Hmmm......

∑₭o Đ∆Żə;2768435 said:

Ya they have medical equipment and generators in hastily found caves, sure thing you terrorist supporter.

∑₭o Đ∆Żə;2768435 said:

Ya they have medical equipment and generators in hastily found caves, sure thing you terrorist supporter.

They apparently have a pretty nice set-up. Otherwise, why are Al-Zawahiri and Mullah Omar still at large? Are they "dead", too? :lol:

I doubt he chose to hang around in Af-Pak, anyway.

dont care. we arent fighting one man. we are fighting against people that want to establish sharia law over the entire planet and make everyone that is not a muslim subservient to them.

Bush knew, but he stopped "thniking" about him.

Yeah Bin Laden ALLEGEDLY was behind these attacks and yet the bastard when asked about where Bin Laden is,replys-I really dont care.He doesnt care because its a fake and phony war just like vietnam and the persian gulf wars were.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9MTB2_8bmw[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back