Does The TSA Deserve A Raise On MY Dime?

IGetItAlready

Rookie
Jul 27, 2012
The American Federation of Government Employees and the TSA reached the first of it's kind labor agreement last week granting collective bargaining rights to 45,000 agents.

In addition to the fact that unionization invariably raises expenses while lowering efficiency, THIS particular agreement will be another bill on the American tax payer. Even those of us who can't afford to fly will have a portion of our tax bill going to cover benefits for fed employees who offer those of us who don't fly absolutely ZERO service in return.

Since 911 and the very first reports of piss poor performance and in some cases criminal activity in the TSA, we've heard muffled squeaks from some airports about going private with their security. What happened to all that? What federal "incentives" or threats were made that so quickly put the kibosh on privatization to the point that the continued molestations in airport security lines are now NEVER met with threats to privatize?

And now these people are going to unionize at MY expense while taking their place in Washington next to all the other union puppet masters?

I don't see anywhere that TSA workers are getting a raise

Did I miss something?

The American Federation of Government Employees and the TSA reached the first of it's kind labor agreement last week granting collective bargaining rights to 45,000 agents.

In addition to the fact that unionization invariably raises expenses while lowering efficiency, THIS particular agreement will be another bill on the American tax payer. Even those of us who can't afford to fly will have a portion of our tax bill going to cover benefits for fed employees who offer those of us who don't fly absolutely ZERO service in return.

Since 911 and the very first reports of piss poor performance and in some cases criminal activity in the TSA, we've heard muffled squeaks from some airports about going private with their security. What happened to all that? What federal "incentives" or threats were made that so quickly put the kibosh on privatization to the point that the continued molestations in airport security lines are now NEVER met with threats to privatize?

And now these people are going to unionize at MY expense while taking their place in Washington next to all the other union puppet masters?

We could eliminate the TSA tomorrow and never miss them. You can work there without ever having graduated from high school and you are the first defense on terriorist. Give me a break, most of them can't spell terriorist. What is Obama doing to us?

• Banned

Did I miss something?

Unionization = Increased wages and benefits accompanied by decreased expectations and performance.

Show me where this has not been the case, especially in the public sector.

Did I miss something?

Unionization = Increased wages and benefits accompanied by decreased expectations and performance.

It is not the case in the Federal Government. Federal Employees raises are set by Congress and unions are not allowed to negotiate pay. All Federal agencies receive the same raises based on locality not agency. Federal salaries have been frozen for three years

Now......show me where TSA workers are getting a raise

• Banned

Did I miss something?

It is not the case in the Federal Government. Federal Employees raises are set by Congress and unions are not allowed to negotiate pay. All Federal agencies receive the same raises based on locality not agency. Federal salaries have been frozen for three years

And I get all that and you're right. However, increased benefits presumably including paid time off will almost certainly lead to the need for more agents. THAT increase will be passed along to you and I despite the fact that I've not flown anywhere in nearly 2 years.

Perhaps I made a bad choice of words. I should have asked if I should be paying more.

And I get all that and you're right. However, increased benefits presumably including paid time off will almost certainly lead to the need for more agents. THAT increase will be passed along to you and I despite the fact that I've not flown anywhere in nearly 2 years.

Perhaps I made a bad choice of words. I should have asked if I should be paying more.

Vacation time is also established by Congress. Federal Unions can only negotiate working conditions and are prohibited from striking.

Forum List

Back