Does the surviving bomber get Mirandized?

The correct answer is yes, he gets Mirandized.

And it will be the FBI who does it, because this is now a federal case.

He is in the United States, so they Mirandize him to make sure he gets a fair trial. Also it is better to play it safe.

I think Eric Holder should resign so that he can devote his full attention to this scumbag's defense.

No one is going to ask him to confess to any act. Nothing he can say is needed for a conviction. Any questions he is asked would relate to others. Who were you working eith? Where did you learn to make bombs? Self incrimination doesn't enter into it. There is really no reason to mirandize him.

Conservatives would read the man his rights. Obama has to look tough so he will allow this to drag on. Bush W was just a liberal with some (sometimes well placed) hatred driving his resurgent self after 9-11, call it Republical govenor power creep liberalism.

Now, much needs to be done by all of us in the community of civilized nations. We must act against the criminal menace of terrorism with the full weight of the law, both domestic and international. We will act to indict, apprehend, and prosecute those who commit the kind of atrocities the world has witnessed in recent weeks. We can act together as free peoples who wish not to see our citizens kidnapped or shot or blown out of the skies -- just as we acted together to rid the seas of piracy at the turn of the last century. And incidentally, those of you who are legal scholars will note the law's description of pirates: "hostis humanis'' -- the enemies of all mankind. There can be no place on Earth left where it is safe for these monsters to rest or train or practice their cruel and deadly skills. We must act together, or unilaterally if necessary, to ensure that terrorists have no sanctuary anywhere.
Ronald Reagan, July 1985
Another important measure we have developed in our overall strategy is applying the rule of law to terrorists. Terrorists are criminals. They commit criminal actions like murder, kidnapping, and arson, and countries have laws to punish criminals. So a major element of our strategy has been to delegitimize terrorists, to get society to see them for what they are -- criminals -- and to use democracy's most potent tool, the rule of law against them.
L. Paul Bremer III, the Reagan administration's Ambassador at Large for Counter-Terrorism 1987

After forty years of releasing scum bags for not being "Marandized" the feds are concerned about a case they screwed up while the federal attorney was on the scene. It must be nice to make up laws as you go along.

I would rather see him water boarded instead of having his Maranda rights read to him.

A large part of me shares that sentiment. And oh, if it were my kids or relatives he hurt could I restrain myself.

None the less, if we are anything like a modern christian or civilized nation we, I, must behave.

If we are anything like governed by laws we must follow them.

And if we claim to be conservative, and it is fair to be liberal, we must read our laws and respect human rights like a conservative would.

But yeah, if he gets his in prison I would smirk.

Does the surviving bomber get Mirandized? Whats should be his status in your humble opinions, how should we handle this?

He should be treated like any other American citizen. His rights should not be abridged. If they are, it is a threat to the rights of every other American citizen.

Does the surviving bomber get Mirandized? Whats should be his status in your humble opinions, how should we handle this?

technically, if he breached the contract and terms/oath for citizenship
then this should be grounds for revocation.

in the meantime, if his family is invoking higher laws of justice
then all who agree to join in prayer to can ask to resolve things peacefully and by consent of all ppl affected in order to answer to that level of law, but all would have to agree

the rest will follow depending from there, even if he gets death
or he get banished to life of labor to pay restitution
whatever justice follows from what the people ask and are able to work out where possible

if the ppl cannot agree, then it is a gamble what will happen

i truly hope the clerical leadership from the various countries
unite behind the families affected and ask for the highest justice to be done
and not settle for shortcuts that will not heal the deep roots and wounds of war
that this incident revisited. we have an opportunity to rise above war and ask
for peace that comes with true spiritual justice. i pray that call will unite the world.

I would rather see him water boarded instead of having his Maranda rights read to him.

what if his older brother had all the contact information.

what if the younger brother had been coerced by threats to kill his sisters or family
if he did not go along.

i can think of worse things than waterboarding.
like serving his sentence in china if he does not cooperate fully.
paying restitution for life in a workcamp to
fund education for others who deserve the opportunity for education
that he abused. the parents of lingzi lu sacrificed so much for her education,
he and other terrorists cells who targeted and recruited him and his brother
could build orphanages schools and clinics to create jobs for poor communities
to end oppression that is exploited by traffickers and terrorists.
that would be more meaningful restitution with a lasting preventative impact.

Forum List

Back