Does the Republican Party Support affirmative action now?

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
Just checking. I inferred from a post from OCA that the republican party does not welcome criticism of Affirmative Action. I thought Bush applied pressure to U. of Michigan recently to get them to change their racial preference system.

They did. The President's amicus brief was pretty wishy-washy, though --- diversity is wonderful, but quotas are bad. So confusion is understandable. That's pretty much the Republican line these days, I believe.

Come to think of it, Republicans themselves are pretty wishy-washy. Except when it comes to starting WWIII. They're dead set on that one.

republicans in principle should oppose any form of AA in all it's sudelties and implications.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Just checking. I inferred from a post from OCA that the republican party does not welcome criticism of Affirmative Action. I thought Bush applied pressure to U. of Michigan recently to get them to change their racial preference system.

Lol are we canvassing now? You infer lol, that I think has been your whole problem since your day 1 here. Let me repeat my position and i'll try to do it in simple terms as up to now you haven't understood.

Affirmative action inherently is bad, should we have a quota system? NO. Is America ready to go it without any protections for minorities? Absolutely not. Should there be some sort of look at Affirmative Action and something else put in its place so people are held responsible for not hiring completely qualified people based solely on their race? YES.

I say that you are parroting everything you hear on Limbaugh as you have been unwilling to give an inch on any subject since I first logged in here. Your posts sound exactly like his monologue.

Originally posted by OCA
Lol are we canvassing now? You infer lol, that I think has been your whole problem since your day 1 here. Let me repeat my position and i'll try to do it in simple terms as up to now you haven't understood.

Affirmative action inherently is bad, should we have a quota system? NO. Is America ready to go it without any protections for minorities? Absolutely not. Should there be some sort of look at Affirmative Action and something else put in its place so people are held responsible for not hiring completely qualified people based solely on their race? YES.

I say that you are parroting everything you hear on Limbaugh as you have been unwilling to give an inch on any subject since I first logged in here. Your posts sound exactly like his monologue.

Let me repeat. I assert america is ready. IF someone can prove they were dicriminated against due to race, let them bring a discrimination suite, but preemptive race based discrimination is just too disgusting for words. Right, I haven't given in. AA is evil. You give in.

The position of the majority of Republicans on the issue is this:
Laws that forbid discrimination in hiring, based on race and/or gender, are good.
Policies that require companies to consider race in its hiring procedures, especially those that force companies to hire minorities to align their workforce with some predetermined quota or percentage system, are wrong.

Forum List

Back