Does the political definition of a "Teabagger" have to do with the sexual definition?

Stainmaster

Rookie
Apr 15, 2010
Southern California
Does the political definition of a "Tea Bagger" have to do with the sexual definition?

Here are some definitions from Google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_protests

http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/10-lessons-for-tea-baggers

http://teabagparty.org/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-borowitz/teabaggers-finally-google_b_460769.html

When I use the phrase "Tea Bagger," I do not mean an insult with the sexual definition, I am referring to the political definition. My words are and have been political banter, not a personal, disgusting sexual insult.

Last edited:
I always thought they were just people with tea bags hanging from their face

Does the political definition of a "Tea Bagger" have to do with the sexual definition?

Tea Party protests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10 Lessons for Tea Baggers | Crooks and Liars

the New American Tea Bag Party: Tax Protest for Busy People

Andy Borowitz: Teabaggers Finally Google 'Teabag'

When I use the phrase "Tea Bagger," I do not mean an insult with the sexual definition, I am referring to the political definition. My words are and have been political banter, not a personal, disgusting sexual insult.

I doubt the intent matters much anymore. I think they've mostly become immune to perceived insults, and some even gain more strength and determination.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
  • Banned

I doubt the intent matters much anymore. I think they've mostly become immune to perceived insults, and some even gain more strength and determination.

I have been having private communication with a USMB member who is very upset with the phrase "Tea Bagger," and takes it from the sexual definition as a grave insult. I can see his point. This is why this thread to hopefully remove the sexual insult, and make it clear that my statements about Tea Baggers is purely political disagreement. Based on the links provided the term "Tea Bagger" is in mainstream term used by the media. To my knowledge no other name has been provided by this political group to describe themselves.

Last edited:
Not immune to it, its a matter of some people thinking they will mainstream insults as a way to diminish protestors.

In short, not going to happen.

Anyone that uses the term to describe protestors best be prepared to recieve as much asbuse hurled back as them as I can muster, and I muster quite a bit.

Be civil or go fuck yourself.

Your choice.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Bill Maher--on HBO made it very clear what he meant by the use of Teabagger--a sexual reference to one tieing bags to testicles. Maher uses Teabagger to all tea partiers as an insult. He continues to do so today.

And every time he does the Tea Party membership sky-rockets.

Last edited:
Does the political definition of a "Teabagger" have to do with the sexual definition?

If you use the word "Teabagger," you enjoy having a man's sack inserted into your mouth.

I thought it had something to do with one tieing tea bags on their testicles? Crap--liberals like Bill Maher at HBO use it against us so often--that it's hard to tell what it's about--but I am certain it's BAD. He always gets a laugh from his audiance when he says it.

Not immune to it, its a matter of some people thinking they will mainstream insults as a way to diminish protestors.

Anyone that uses the term to describe protestors best be prepared to recieve as much asbuse hurled back as them as I can muster, and I muster quite a bit.

Your choice.

Indeed, you're right. Let's just continue to insult each other. It's solving SO many problems.

What does the word ****** have to do with African Americans?

What does the word faggot have to do with gays?

What does the word spick have to do with Mexicans?

All questions along the same lines as yours. It is just as derogatory.

Bill Maher invented teabagging. He's the teabagger posterboy. His audience is probably the same 50 to 100 people...that's a guess...it could be less

Your choice.

Indeed, you're right. Let's just continue to insult each other. It's solving SO many problems.
And allowing protestors to be called a vile name is a good thing?

People like you are disingenious in the extreme, if you were so concerned about 'solving things' you would be all over anyone using the term 'teabagger.'

Instead what you did just shows us all you are full of shit.

What does the word ****** have to do with African Americans?

What does the word faggot have to do with gays?

What does the word spick have to do with Mexicans?

All questions along the same lines as yours. It is just as derogatory.

That about sums it up. Just because I am not a racist, does not mean I can use the 'n' word with immunity. I know it is offensive to certain people and so I do not use it. Same with the rest of the words you raise. Therefore, if you would not call a black person, a gay or a Mexican by any of these terms, why is it ok to call TEA Party supporters 'teabaggers'? Answer, simply, it is not. If the OP isn't smart enough to recognize that fact, then he's clearly not very smart.

tea baggers are conservatives

for the past 20 years conservatives have been calling people like me....

liberNAZI
demoNAZI
democRAT
DEMONcRAT
scum
scumbag
communist
facist
nazi
moron
loon

so
pardon me if I fart on the whining of cons who demand respect for their beliefs

seems to me that these conservatives who demand the right to insult the rest of us to their hearts content can't take it as well as they dish it out

tea baggers are conservatives

for the past 20 years conservatives have been calling people like me....

liberNAZI
demoNAZI
democRAT
DEMONcRAT
scum
scumbag
communist
facist
nazi
moron
loon

so
pardon me if I fart on the whining of cons who demand respect for their beliefs

seems to me that these conservatives who demand the right to insult the rest of us to their hearts content can't take it as well as they dish it out

You forgot DUMMYCRAP.

In the words of Obama...which actually means more because it's honest in this instance....Nobody is saying you don't have the right to insult people...it doesn't mean we have to like it.

Last edited:
"Hey you Teabaggers! I'm an Independent!"

It's hilarous each and every time another poseur outs himself

New Topics

Forum List

Back