Does the money you earn belong to you or the state?

Sep 12, 2008
or does the ownership pass to the state somewhere at some income level?

Folks keep on saying that reducing tax rates from 35 to 30 is a "giveaway" on high incomes. Since the person earned it in some fashion, how does that 5% belong to the state so that they could "give it away?"

Folks keep on saying that reducing tax rates from 35 to 30 is a "giveaway" on high incomes. Since the person earned it in some fashion, how does that 5% belong to the state so that they could "give it away?"

Those are opinions from the 2 line 1040 proponents.

1st line: Report the amount of income you made this calendar year.

2nd line: Send it all in.

The rejects think because someone makes more money then them that it is fair to make them pay MORE percentage wise then them as well. Notice how many democrats have been caught when they applied for high office, that simply were not paying what they owed. And not one of them was ever charged with a crime. And most of them got the positions anyway.

The money's mine and my second job is to keep as much of it as possible from the state and federal bloodsuckers. Some of which is achieved legally per state and federal tax laws, some by exploitation of them, and some by downright just screwing the bastards.

It is your money but you belong to a society.

You live in a local community where you have to pay to support schools, police, fire, local roads....

You live in a state where you have to pay for universities, hospitals, highways, bridges, social programs..

You live in a country where you pay for the nations defense, social security, welfare...

As a member of the society you get to elect representatives who decide how those taxes get spent. If you don't like it you can elect someone else or move to a different society

That's debatable.

US HB4646 - 111th Congress | eLobbyist

Received an email about this. If it passes it will be so-long to both financial and personal privacy. Proposed bill by Chaka Fattah (D-PA) and has the blessing of Nancy Pelosi with the idea of quietly passing it after Nov. elections. I could post the email if anyone is interested.

E-mail short: 1% tax on every transaction you can imagine. Every bank deposit (including automatic deposits), withdrawal, transfer from savings to checking and vice versa, every check written, every credit/debit card transaction.

technically the federal reserve and treasury own all of the cash and they merely let you use it. And they can take it at any time. Same with precious metals, as long as they are considered money or reserves the feds can recall them at any time.

"Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's" pretty much describes the relationship.

The money I earn belongs to me... the state just thinks its theirs.

It is criminal what is going on with our taxes!

If I knew they were actually doing good things with my taxes, I wouldnt mind it so much. They are just taking it from me and giving it to folks who didnt earn it, and in some cases are just plain too lazy to go to school and get a good education so they can earn their own.

I am sick of it!

I planned my life from the time I was old enough to think about those sort of things, and to see my hard earned money go to studying how monkeys react to large amounts of cocaine.... I get a little pissed.

We should give 90 percent to the govt. They know how to spend our money better than we do.....
Our congressmen and leaders are very smart people and we need to give......

You live in a local community where you have to pay to support schools, police, fire, local roads....

You live in a state where you have to pay for universities, hospitals, highways, bridges, social programs..

You live in a country where you pay for the nations defense, social security, welfare...

As a member of the society you get to elect representatives who decide how those taxes get spent. If you don't like it you can elect someone else or move to a different society

Within the boundaries of the constitution... which lays out in enumerated powers what government can do.. whether a majority of people or representatives want to do it or not

And we simply were not set up in the constitution to have government with ever expanding power nor government taking care of personal responsibilities of citizens or the businesses/endeavors they run

technically the federal reserve and treasury own all of the cash and they merely let you use it. And they can take it at any time. Same with precious metals, as long as they are considered money or reserves the feds can recall them at any time.

"Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's" pretty much describes the relationship.

Bullshit... the gov't has NO right to just take my money.

Plus... why do you guys recite the Bible only when it is convenient?

Gods principles teach me to be a good stuard of my money, when the gov't learns to do that, I might be more apt to give. Until then, get out of my wallet!

loosecannon.... you are welcome to turn over your money, but not mine.

The money I earn belongs to me... the state just thinks its theirs.

nope, the money itself belongs to Caesar. If you buy property with it you have limited rights to that property, but the money itself is on loan, not lease, and not for sale.

Which is why it is illegal to fuck up a nickel even if it is "yours".

That's debatable.

US HB4646 - 111th Congress | eLobbyist

Received an email about this. If it passes it will be so-long to both financial and personal privacy. Proposed bill by Chaka Fattah (D-PA) and has the blessing of Nancy Pelosi with the idea of quietly passing it after Nov. elections. I could post the email if anyone is interested.

E-mail short: 1% tax on every transaction you can imagine. Every bank deposit (including automatic deposits), withdrawal, transfer from savings to checking and vice versa, every check written, every credit/debit card transaction.

That would put the banks out of business.

the money you make belongs to the military and the police state. And don't forget it.

strawman.png

I have been summoned!!

Within the boundaries of the constitution... which lays out in enumerated powers what government can do.. whether a majority of people or representatives want to do it or not

And we simply were not set up in the constitution to have government with ever expanding power nor government taking care of personal responsibilities of citizens or the businesses/endeavors they run

16th Amendment

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration

Forum List

Back