Does the middle class have a future?

Amazing how ANYONE on the bottom 90% of the income scale in the US Could hold a conservative view on economics, as if making sure the "job creators" continue to to do extraordinarily well as the rest of US languish. Simply amazing

State of mind? lol
Yes moron boi, obviously you let someone else do your thinking for you, label you then categorically treat you according to an artificial standard. You are just part of the supply chain of cash where those you allow to control your life and just reach into your pocket after busting your ass all week.

Seems to me you are part of the free phone crowd.

Reaganphones? Nah Bubba

Artificial standards? lol

Harder for Americans to Rise From Lower Rungs

But many researchers have reached a conclusion that turns conventional wisdom on its head: Americans enjoy less economic mobility than their peers in Canada and much of Western Europe. The mobility gap has been widely discussed in academic circles, but a sour season of mass unemployment and street protests has moved the discussion toward center stage.

Former Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, a Republican candidate for president, warned this fall that movement “up into the middle income is actually greater, the mobility in Europe, than it is in America.” National Review, a conservative thought leader, wrote that “most Western European and English-speaking nations have higher rates of mobility.” Even Representative Paul D. Ryan, a Wisconsin Republican who argues that overall mobility remains high, recently wrote that “mobility from the very bottom up” is “where the United States lags behind.”

Liberal commentators have long emphasized class, but the attention on the right is largely new.

“It’s becoming conventional wisdom that the U.S. does not have as much mobility as most other advanced countries,” said Isabel V. Sawhill, an economist at the Brookings Institution. “I don’t think you’ll find too many people who will argue with that.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/us/harder-for-americans-to-rise-from-lower-rungs.html?_r=0

15b78e52742e7d2066867d759fc7b9aa.jpg

CBO finds that, between 1979 and 2007, income grew by:

275 percent for the top 1 percent of households,
65 percent for the next 19 percent,
Just under 40 percent for the next 60 percent, and
18 percent for the bottom 20 percent.

lossgain_0.jpg

inequality-taxrate_3.png

Those are very nice graphics. I am talking about self actuation which you clearly do not understand. Based on what you provided you were spoon fed a mindset and a level of expectation which you never rose above. Keep on believing in your own limitations that are set by others.

Oh you mean that mythical pull yourself up by your bootstraps BS? How does that work in MOST 3rd world nations again? Compare the US to other industrialized nations? lol

If it weren't for false premises, distortions and lies, what would the right EVER have???

ONE policy conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of US history on ANY policy please?

Conservatives simplistic minds

If you are rich it is because of your merits. If you are poor its because of your faults.

In 1980 the top 1% earned 8.5% of total income. In 2007 they earned 23%.

In 1980 the bottom 90% earned 68% of total income. In 2007 they earned 53%.

Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data Tax Foundation

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

Third world? They have a middle class?

You are stuck in the mindset of the government tells me who I am, my boss tells me what I am and I am limited by what everyone says I should be. Grow a pair and live up to your potential.

Right WHY doesn't the 3rd world have a middle class Bubba? Oh because it's NOT a natural thing. It's created through Gov't policy (mainly)

Your BS "beliefs" NEVER has worked for the VAST majority of people in the world, EVER

Of course don't let the right wing myth that the problem is ones lot in life in the US is solely built on the lack of "work effort", while the bottom 50% of US has seen a shrinking of the piece of the pie they held in 1980 was about equal to $5,000 last year!

Nah, it just boils down to the right wing meme of makers versus takers, no critical thinking or honesty EVER required

Non-Partisan Congressional Tax Report Debunks Core Conservative Economic Theory

The conclusion?

Lowering the tax rates on the wealthy and top earners in America do not appear to have any impact on the nation’s economic growth.

This paragraph from the report says it all—

“The reduction in the top tax rates appears to be uncorrelated with saving, investment and productivity growth. The top tax rates appear to have little or no relation to the size of the economic pie. However, the top tax rate reductions appear to be associated with the increasing concentration of income at the top of the income distribution.”

Non-Partisan Congressional Tax Report Debunks Core Conservative Economic Theory-GOP Suppresses Study - Forbes

"Does the middle class have a future?"

Not unless the Ideological Left is removed from any potential influence on US Governance.

PLEASE, pretty please ONE policy conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of history on in the US?

(since NO ONE EVER responds to this question)

How about 3 policies conservatives/GOP gave US the past 40 years that worked as promised? lol

Yes moron boi, obviously you let someone else do your thinking for you, label you then categorically treat you according to an artificial standard. You are just part of the supply chain of cash where those you allow to control your life and just reach into your pocket after busting your ass all week.

Seems to me you are part of the free phone crowd.

Reaganphones? Nah Bubba

But many researchers have reached a conclusion that turns conventional wisdom on its head: Americans enjoy less economic mobility than their peers in Canada and much of Western Europe. The mobility gap has been widely discussed in academic circles, but a sour season of mass unemployment and street protests has moved the discussion toward center stage.

Former Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, a Republican candidate for president, warned this fall that movement “up into the middle income is actually greater, the mobility in Europe, than it is in America.” National Review, a conservative thought leader, wrote that “most Western European and English-speaking nations have higher rates of mobility.” Even Representative Paul D. Ryan, a Wisconsin Republican who argues that overall mobility remains high, recently wrote that “mobility from the very bottom up” is “where the United States lags behind.”

Liberal commentators have long emphasized class, but the attention on the right is largely new.

“It’s becoming conventional wisdom that the U.S. does not have as much mobility as most other advanced countries,” said Isabel V. Sawhill, an economist at the Brookings Institution. “I don’t think you’ll find too many people who will argue with that.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/us/harder-for-americans-to-rise-from-lower-rungs.html?_r=0

lossgain_0.jpg

inequality-taxrate_3.png

Those are very nice graphics. I am talking about self actuation which you clearly do not understand. Based on what you provided you were spoon fed a mindset and a level of expectation which you never rose above. Keep on believing in your own limitations that are set by others.

Oh you mean that mythical pull yourself up by your bootstraps BS? How does that work in MOST 3rd world nations again? Compare the US to other industrialized nations? lol

If it weren't for false premises, distortions and lies, what would the right EVER have???

ONE policy conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of US history on ANY policy please?

If you are rich it is because of your merits. If you are poor its because of your faults.

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

You are stuck in the mindset of the government tells me who I am, my boss tells me what I am and I am limited by what everyone says I should be. Grow a pair and live up to your potential.

Right WHY doesn't the 3rd world have a middle class Bubba? Oh because it's NOT a natural thing. It's created through Gov't policy (mainly)

Your BS "beliefs" NEVER has worked for the VAST majority of people in the world, EVER

Of course don't let the right wing myth that the problem is ones lot in life in the US is solely built on the lack of "work effort", while the bottom 50% of US has seen a shrinking of the piece of the pie they held in 1980 was about equal to $5,000 last year!

Nah, it just boils down to the right wing meme of makers versus takers, no critical thinking or honesty EVER required

The conclusion?

Lowering the tax rates on the wealthy and top earners in America do not appear to have any impact on the nation’s economic growth.

“The reduction in the top tax rates appears to be uncorrelated with saving, investment and productivity growth. The top tax rates appear to have little or no relation to the size of the economic pie. However, the top tax rate reductions appear to be associated with the increasing concentration of income at the top of the income distribution.”

Non-Partisan Congressional Tax Report Debunks Core Conservative Economic Theory-GOP Suppresses Study - Forbes
You introduce the third world to only explode your own original post. No wonder you grab fruit from the bottom of the tree. Dimwit doing dimwitted things.

Reaganphones? Nah Bubba

lossgain_0.jpg

inequality-taxrate_3.png

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

The conclusion?

You introduce the third world to only explode your own original post. No wonder you grab fruit from the bottom of the tree. Dimwit doing dimwitted things.

Says the moron who doesn't know, or accept history. Shocking

PLEASE, pretty please name ONE policy conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of history on in the US?

(since NO ONE EVER responds to this question)

How about 3 policies conservatives/GOP gave US the past 40 years that worked as promised? lol

This is an interesting question, one which I don't have an answer for. Could one of the more conservative members take a stab at it? I'm drawing a blank.

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

The conclusion?

I am talking about personal concepts and perspectives. :itsok:

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

The conclusion?

The libertarians/conservatives NEVER seem to be able to even attempt. Almost like their philosophy is based on BS and myths

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

The conclusion?

Yeah, more right wing crap like "freedom" right? *shaking head*

Gov't policy created the worlds largest middle class through PROGRESSIVE policies. Since Powell's memo of 1971, right wing think tanks and public policies institutes, the rights war on the middle class has grown. We've seen the middle class shrink by about 10% since then. Just a coincidence as the top 1`/10th of 1% of the US incomes skyrocketed and their tax burden on the income has shrunk right? :beer:

The Powell Memo or the Powell Manifesto Text and Analysis

dear, it coincided with globalization around 1980. If you want to restore the middle and lower class simple make liberal unions taxes and deficts illegal. Make 20 million illegals illegal and for good measure end the liberal war on the schools and family.

More right wing nonsense

For the 7th time, you still sleeping with your mom Bubba?

Nope he is sleeping with yours, she is after all a ho......you don't even know who your daddy is do you?

Sure Daddy... But your daughter AND son do love to swallow Bubba

S'ok dude your momma slept with every guy on the west coast....we get it.....it hurts you but it is what it is.

And you were good last night Bubba, thanks for swallowing after taking it in the *ss

That's what you had progeny for wasn't it?

The conclusion?

Gov't policy created the worlds largest middle class through PROGRESSIVE policies. Since Powell's memo of 1971, right wing think tanks and public policies institutes, the rights war on the middle class has grown. We've seen the middle class shrink by about 10% since then. Just a coincidence as the top 1`/10th of 1% of the US incomes skyrocketed and their tax burden on the income has shrunk right? :beer:

More spoonfed bullshit that keeps people like you in your opiate like state.

More right wing nonsense

For the 7th time, you still sleeping with your mom Bubba?

Nope he is sleeping with yours, she is after all a ho......you don't even know who your daddy is do you?

Sure Daddy... But your daughter AND son do love to swallow Bubba

S'ok dude your momma slept with every guy on the west coast....we get it.....it hurts you but it is what it is.

And you were good last night Bubba, thanks for swallowing after taking it in the *ss

That's what you had progeny for wasn't it?

Nah, As long as I have you, and you continue to swallow mine after you get f*kkked up the *ss (and Rushblos, Becks, etc). It's good Bubba

The conclusion?

Says the Klown who believes in myths and fairy tales,, lol

I'll wait patiently for ONE policy conservatives/libertarians have EVER been on the correct side of history in the US Bubba

I'll wait patiently for ONE policy conservatives/libertarians have EVER been on the correct side of history in the US Bubba
While you do that I will be enjoying the fruits of my labor and vacation in Paris.

While you do that I will be enjoying the fruits of my labor and vacation in Paris.

Of course, like the rest of conservatives, you can't think of even one policy conservatives have been on the correct side of history either. Thanks Bubba

00-flat-tax-politics-through-a-cartoonists-eyes-16-06-12.jpg

Why are you asking me about trickle down economics?
What have I posted that expresses anything about trickle down economics?
Why would I entertain your desire to chase your tail around in circles when it is evident that you don't have a clue what you are talking about and cannot even follow a discussion that involves anything I have posted?

I get it Bubba, you can't stick to the topic as was started and continually want to dodge EVERYTHING that was presented. I'm shocked, no really I am, lol

THE THREAD:

TRICKLE DOWN BUBBA? LOL

Whiiiiiiiiiiine........

Facts hurt cons. I get it Bubba

JcHkc.jpg

Whose money is it? The Government's? The Peoples'? You want to take more hard earned money of someone who risked their money, time, and put effort? You run on that platform. Continue to demonize the risk takers. The people you really need to be demonizing are the wealthy, not the high income earners.

MORE right wing nonsense

Without false premises, distortions and lies what would right wingers EVER have?

Risk takers? lol Let me know when cons support the Robin Hood tax on wall street

This small tax of %0.5 on Wall Street transactions would generate hundreds of billions of dollars each year in the US alone

The Big Idea Robin Hood Tax

RISK TAKERS? LOL, THEY'VE CAPTURED GOV'T PAL!

Let me know when Robin Hood Left stops demonizing businesses, particularly small businesses

I get it Bubba, you can't stick to the topic as was started and continually want to dodge EVERYTHING that was presented. I'm shocked, no really I am, lol

THE THREAD:

TRICKLE DOWN BUBBA? LOL

Whiiiiiiiiiiine........

JcHkc.jpg

Whose money is it? The Government's? The Peoples'? You want to take more hard earned money of someone who risked their money, time, and put effort? You run on that platform. Continue to demonize the risk takers. The people you really need to be demonizing are the wealthy, not the high income earners.

MORE right wing nonsense

Without false premises, distortions and lies what would right wingers EVER have?

Risk takers? lol Let me know when cons support the Robin Hood tax on wall street

This small tax of %0.5 on Wall Street transactions would generate hundreds of billions of dollars each year in the US alone

Let me know when Robin Hood Left stops demonizing businesses, particularly small businesses

Why do we love business anyway?? All they do is provide our jobs and invent the products that got us from the stone age to here.

THE THREAD:

TRICKLE DOWN BUBBA? LOL

Whiiiiiiiiiiine........

JcHkc.jpg

MORE right wing nonsense

Demonize? Oh right, the right wing meme.

Whiiiiiiiiiiine........

JcHkc.jpg

MORE right wing nonsense

Why do we love business anyway?? All they do is provide our jobs and invent the products that got us from the stone age to here.

And I thought people did that. Weird

Forum List

Back