Does the Koran preach intolerance & hate?

Bigmo

Aug 28, 2010
What? Are you crazy?

Koran gives complete and absolute freedom unparalleled in human literature!

16:82 But if they turn away from you, your only duty is a clear delivery of the Message .

6:107 Yet if God had so willed, they would not have ascribed Divinity to aught besides Him; hence, We have not made you their keeper, nor are you a guardian over them.

4:79-80 Say:'Whatever good betides you is from God and whatever evil betides you is from your own self and that We have sent you to mankind only as a messenger and all sufficing is God as witness. Whoso obeys the Messenger, he indeed obeys God. And for those who turn away, We have not sent you as a keeper."

11:28 He (Noah) said "O my people! think over it! If I act upon a clear direction from my Lord who has bestowed on me from Himself the Merciful talent of seeing the right way, a way which you cannot see for yourself, does it follow that we can force you to take the right path when you definitely decline to take it?�

17:53-54 And tell my servants that they should speak in a most kindly manner. Verily, Satan is always ready to stir up discord between men; for verily; Satan is mans foe .... Hence, We have not sent you with power to determine their Faith.

21:107-109 (O Prophet?) 'We have not sent you except to be a mercy to all mankind:" Declare, "Verily, what is revealed to me is this, your God is the only One God, so is it not up to you to bow down to Him?' But if they turn away then say, "I have delivered the Truth in a manner clear to one and all, and I know not whether the promised hour is near or far."

22:67 To every people have We appointed ceremonial rites which they observe; therefore, let them not wrangle over this matter with you, but bid them to turn to your Lord. You indeed are rightly guided. But if they still dispute you in this matter, `God best knows what you do."

24.54. Say: "Obey God, and obey the Messenger. but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance. The Messenger's duty is only to preach the clear (Message).

88:21 22; And so, exhort them your task is only to exhort; you cannot compel them to believe.

48:28 He it is Who has sent forth His Messenger with the Guidance and the Religion of Truth, to the end that tie make it prevail over every religion, and none can bear witness to the Truth as God does.

36:16 17 (Three Messengers to their people) Said, "Our Sustainer knows that we have indeed been sent unto you, but we are not bound to more than clearly deliver the Message entrusted to us.'

39:41 Assuredly, We have sent down the Book to you in right form for the good of man. Whoso guided himself by it does so to his own advantage, and whoso turns away from it does so at his own loss. You certainly are not their keeper.

42:6 48 And whoso takes for patrons others besides God, over them does God keep a watch. Mark, you are not a keeper over them. But if they turn aside from you (do not get disheartened), for We have not sent you to be a keeper over them; your task is but to preach ....

64:12 Obey God then and obey the Messenger, but if you turn away (no blame shall attach to our Messenger), for the duty of Our Messenger is just to deliver the message.

67:25 26 And they ask, "When shall the promise be fulfilled if you speak the Truth?" Say, "The knowledge of it is verily with God alone, and verily I am but a plain warner."

10.99-100. If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe! No soul can believe, except by the will of God, and He will place doubt (or obscurity) on those who will not understand

28.55-56 And when they hear vain talk, they turn away therefrom and say: "To us our deeds, and to you yours; peace be to you: we seek not the ignorant," It is true thou wilt not be able to guide whom thou lovest; but God guides those whom He will and He knows best those who receive guidance.

109.1-6 Say : O ye that reject Faith,! I worship not that which ye worship, Nor will ye worship that which I worship, And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship, Nor will ye worship that which I worship, To you be your Way, and to me mine.

2:256 There is no compulsion in religion, for the right way is clearly from the wrong way. Whoever therefore rejects the forces of evil and believes in God, he has taken hold of a support most unfailing, which shall never give way, for God is All Hearing and Knowing

Complete and absolute freedom unparalleled in human literature

Real Islam is only Koran. Koran is peace! :eusa_pray:

With the collapse of Ja'far Al Sadiq's empire in Iran and Ibn Hanbal's slow demise in Saudi Arabia, the tide is turning and the fictitous sects that emerged during the Abbasid Empire knows as the Sunni and Shia sects and others who follow man made revelations known as hadiths are slowly collapsing. Malik's Empire in Sudan is collapsing and Abu Hanifa's Empire in Pakistan is turning upside down. The so called Islamic states have proven to be ideologically obsolete and in the wrong side of history. The sects are on life support and the Koranist will take over. So who are the Koranist?

The Koranist believe only the Koran should speak for Islam.

WHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ISLAM AND TODAY'S PRACTICES?

In comparing the teachings of Islam as derived from the Book of God to the practices taught and enforced by the popular Sunni and Shia faiths (1.2 Bn followers), we find that the list is quite extensive, with some of the highlights as follows:

In Islam, the requirement to be a Muslim is to simply accept and live according to the �Straight Path� (6:151-153), Vs. the Sunni or Shia 5-pillars which come from unauthorized books�

In Islam, abolishing Slavery is taught to be an act of righteousness (90:12-13), Vs. Sunni and Shia teachings which encourages slavery under war�

In Islam, women are never forbidden from praying or fasting during Menstruation (2:222), nor is there a specific dress code (i.e. the Headscarf) imposed on them beyond modesty, Vs. the Sunni and Shia which teach the undermining of women and forcing them to cover their hair and avoid praying or fasting at certain times...

In Islam, a man or women may leave a Will, after settlement of debt (4:12), Vs. Sunnis who refuse to accept wills if there are any direct descendants...

In Islam, Monogamy is the basis for normal relationships, while polygamy is only allowed in cases involving marrying the mothers of orphans under the man�s guardianship (4:3), Vs. Sunnis where a man may be a polygamist simply if he can afford to, and Shia which allow sex for pleasure (Mut�a)...

In Islam, Divorce is enforceable only after a two-phase period, and it may be made nullified if the couple reconcile before the end of this period (65:1, 65:4), Vs. Sunni teachings that destroy families by allowing a divorce to occur on the spot with no waiting period and no nullification...

In Islam, Thieves do not have their hands cut-off, but are made to work until they return that which is stolen (12:76), Vs. Sunni and Shia teachings which brutally amputate the hands causing disability...

In Islam, no one is allowed to be killed or Stoned for adultery (24:2), Vs. Sunni and Shia laws of stoning married adulterers to death...

In Islam, absolute Freedom of Faith is allowed (2:256, 10:99; 18:29; 88:21-22), Vs. Sunni and Shia requiring apostates to be killed and rejecting the practice of other faiths...

In Islam, people are acknowledged as being diverse and each is to be respected for his/her level of spiritual growth. A Submitter �Muslim� must work to attain the status of Faithful �Mumin� (49:14), Vs. Sunni and Shia teachings that all followers of their religion must think, act, and even look the same (cult syndrome)...

In Islam, War can only be declared in cases of self-defence - no offensives (2:190), Vs. Sunni and Shia teachings allowing raids and attacks on any people who are considered non-Muslim by their standards...

In Islam, Pilgrimage is a centre for gathering of nations and for all to witness the benefits of being together (22:27-28), Vs. Sunni and Shia bringing in polytheistic rituals and superstition (touching of black stone, circling 7 times, etc..)...

In Islam, a Year is a luni-solar count made of 365-days (17:12, 9:36), with all the seasons fitting-in-place Vs. Sunnis teaching it to be a lunar one based on 354 days which creates confusion of seasons and time�

In Islam, males and females are not required to be Circumcised (32:7), Vs. Sunni and Shia teachings requiring all males to be circumcised and females in some cases...

In Islam, music, statues, gold and silk are all Lawful(7:32-33, 16:116), Vs. Sunni beliefs forbidding silk & gold for men, and forbidding music & statues for all...

In Islam, rule of Government is under the constitution of the Qur'an through consultation and free-speech (5:48, 42:38). Vs. Sunni teachings which allow the rise of dictators or monarchs, and Shia teachings which uphold self-appointed religious leaders based on genealogy.

This is the Koranic Islam versus Sunni/Shia Sectarianism. These sects emerged during the Abbasid Empire about two centuries after Muhammad. They follow the Oral traditions known as hadiths. These traditions have the same place in these sects teachings as the Talmud has on Judaism. The Koran confirmed the Torah and attacked the Talmud, and Jesus in the Gospel confirmed the Torah and attacked the Talmud.

Real Islam is only Koran. Koran is peace!

The problem with the Quran is that it is so disjointed and contradictory that anyone can pull any message they want out of it. In comparison, the Bible reads like a technical manual.

The problem with the Quran is that it is so disjointed and contradictory that anyone can pull any message they want out of it. In comparison, the Bible reads like a technical manual.

The Koran confirms the Gospel but attacks the Trinity. The Trinity was introduced three centuries after Jesus. It has no basis in the Gospel and contradicts it.

You will not find anything in the Koran to contradict what I stated. The Sects believe these verses about freedom were ABROGATED by verse 9-29. But to show that they had to rely on sources OUTSIDE the Koran. Sources that secular historians deemed unreliable and too sectarian to trust. After all Sunnis have conflicting oral traditions than Shias do with each accusing the other of lies and fabrication. Yet they have the same Koran.

But in recent years, probably after 9-11, these oral sources found new audience in the West. Probably because its easier to attack Islam from them than the Koran.

Righhht...a technical manual of hate and preversion

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REJ0Qc10iV0&feature=related]YouTube - An Atheist Reads the Bible - 3 - Jephthah[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00B3IqCvZdE[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pENyKqrswYM&feature=related]YouTube - An Atheist Reads the Bible - 11 - Marriage[/ame]

The Koran confirms the Gospel but attacks the Trinity. The Trinity was introduced three centuries after Jesus. It has no basis in the Gospel and contradicts it.

You will not find anything in the Koran to contradict what I stated. The Sects believe these verses about freedom were ABROGATED by verse 9-29. But to show that they had to rely on sources OUTSIDE the Koran. Sources that secular historians deemed unreliable and too sectarian to trust. After all Sunnis have conflicting oral traditions than Shias do with each accusing the other of lies and fabrication. Yet they have the same Koran.

But in recent years, probably after 9-11, these oral sources found new audience in the West. Probably because its easier to attack Islam from them than the Koran.

Wanna bet I cannot contradict it?

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216

Another person that thinks they know what I think, I love it. Where did I say anything about the Trinity? What I said was that, compared to the Quran, the Bible is well plotted and contains only minor errors. Anyone that has ever had to deal with a tech manual knows that they are almost always full of errors, and make statements that contradict reality, not to mention itself.

Regardless, the Quran is worse.

Righhht...a technical manual of hate and preversion

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REJ0Qc10iV0&feature=related"]YouTube - An Atheist Reads the Bible - 3 - Jephthah[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00B3IqCvZdE[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pENyKqrswYM&feature=related"]YouTube - An Atheist Reads the Bible - 11 - Marriage[/ame]

Amazing how many people think they can read minds. I wonder why no one gets it right.

You've read it, then?

Yes, in more than one translation. I prefer Pickthal's because of the way it handles the alliteration.

Pickthall's is good. Maulana Muhammad Ali's is the best because of its index and helpful footnotes. Arberry's is also quite good. The Saudi one and a few others are complete rubbish. I assume that you failed to see the consistency of its message because you aren't familiar with how it was revealed and applied. The Qur'an can be understood by itself well enough if you have some knowledge of Arabic, but it is most easily understood in the context provided by ahadith and certain other historical accounts. You're welcome to choose not to follow it if you don't want to, but to dismiss it as objectively "disjointed and contradictory" based on your limited familiarity with it is irrational. I've read the Bible in multiple translations and found it to be convoluted and lacking of any consistent message or theme. It's a matter of personal opinion, not fact.

You've read it, then?

Yes, in more than one translation. I prefer Pickthal's because of the way it handles the alliteration.

Pickthall's is good. Maulana Muhammad Ali's is the best because of its index and helpful footnotes. Arberry's is also quite good. The Saudi one and a few others are complete rubbish. I assume that you failed to see the consistency of its message because you aren't familiar with how it was revealed and applied. The Qur'an can be understood by itself well enough if you have some knowledge of Arabic, but it is most easily understood in the context provided by ahadith and certain other historical accounts. You're welcome to choose not to follow it if you don't want to, but to dismiss it as objectively "disjointed and contradictory" based on your limited familiarity with it is irrational. I've read the Bible in multiple translations and found it to be convoluted and lacking of any consistent message or theme. It's a matter of personal opinion, not fact.

I know it is a personal opinion, but it is the only personal opinion I have. :razz:

All religious text is disjointed and contradictory to those who are not privy to the mysteries. I think there is a law somewhere that makes it mandatory for if to work that way. The honest people in those religions accept that. The rest attempt to deny it and claim that the only possible interpretation is the one they have. One of the imams I met once tried to tell me that the Quran is impossible to interpret the wrong way because it was the embodiment of Allah's will, and Allah allows only the proper interpretation. this was supposed to convince me that the Quran is unlike any other Holy Book in the world. Unfortunately for him he was unable to explain why Muslims fight wars over the interpretation of a book that is impossible to misinterpret.

How is that flat world working out for you bigmo?

Interpretation is everything.

I know it is a personal opinion, but it is the only personal opinion I have. :razz:

All religious text is disjointed and contradictory to those who are not privy to the mysteries. I think there is a law somewhere that makes it mandatory for if to work that way. The honest people in those religions accept that. The rest attempt to deny it and claim that the only possible interpretation is the one they have. One of the imams I met once tried to tell me that the Quran is impossible to interpret the wrong way because it was the embodiment of Allah's will, and Allah allows only the proper interpretation. this was supposed to convince me that the Quran is unlike any other Holy Book in the world. Unfortunately for him he was unable to explain why Muslims fight wars over the interpretation of a book that is impossible to misinterpret.

He must have forgotten the words of Muhammad (SAWS):
"...By Him in Whose hand is my soul, my Ummah will split into 73 sects: one will enter Paradise and 72 will enter Hell..."

Many interpretations are possible, but following his example and the example of the Rashidun (RA) leads a person to draw certain conclusions. If Allah ta'ala made only one interpretation possible, everyone would be a Muslim!

Abraham didn't found three seperate religions, only one that divided into three seperate main sects. Those later branched out into smaller sects.

All three are extremely violent and very, very similar. As you would expect since they all share the same cast of characters.

I had a friend come over one night and we all sat around the dinner table and read verses of the Quran just to understand what it said. Terrible. Very violent. Disgustingly so.

We compared what we found to similar verses in the Bible:

Jeremiah 48:10 NAB
Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood.

Isaiah 14:21 NAB
Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants.

2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB
From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces.

Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB
But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.

Exodus 22:19 NAB Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed.

Leviticus 20:10 NLT If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.

Leviticus 20:13 NAB
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT
"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."

Deuteronomy 7:16-24 NLT
You must destroy all the nations the LORD your God hands over to you. Show them no mercy and do not worship their gods. If you do, they will trap you. Perhaps you will think to yourselves, 'How can we ever conquer these nations that are so much more powerful than we are?' But don't be afraid of them! Just remember what the LORD your God did to Pharaoh and to all the land of Egypt. Remember the great terrors the LORD your God sent against them. You saw it all with your own eyes! And remember the miraculous signs and wonders, and the amazing power he used when he brought you out of Egypt. The LORD your God will use this same power against the people you fear. And then the LORD your God will send hornets to drive out the few survivors still hiding from you! "No, do not be afraid of those nations, for the LORD your God is among you, and he is a great and awesome God. The LORD your God will drive those nations out ahead of you little by little. You will not clear them away all at once, for if you did, the wild animals would multiply too quickly for you. But the LORD your God will hand them over to you. He will throw them into complete confusion until they are destroyed. He will put their kings in your power, and you will erase their names from the face of the earth. No one will be able to stand against you, and you will destroy them all.

--------------------------------

Now the really strange thing, Christians believe that their religion is the religion of "love" and "tolerance" and "understanding", the best religion and only "true" religion, yet those that don't believe as they do will spend eternity in a hell of infinite suffering "for all time", forever and ever.

He must have forgotten the words of Muhammad (SAWS):
"...By Him in Whose hand is my soul, my Ummah will split into 73 sects: one will enter Paradise and 72 will enter Hell..."

Many interpretations are possible, but following his example and the example of the Rashidun (RA) leads a person to draw certain conclusions. If Allah ta'ala made only one interpretation possible, everyone would be a Muslim!

There's NO way I'm ever wiping my ass with my hand! :ack-1:

Wanna bet I cannot contradict it?

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216

Another person that thinks they know what I think, I love it. Where did I say anything about the Trinity? What I said was that, compared to the Quran, the Bible is well plotted and contains only minor errors. Anyone that has ever had to deal with a tech manual knows that they are almost always full of errors, and make statements that contradict reality, not to mention itself.

Regardless, the Quran is worse.

When you quote the Koran you must quote it the verses in its entirety or else you are trying to change its meaning for an agenda.

So you quoted verse 2.191, but only partially. Why is that?

Lets see what it ACTUALLY SAYS:

190. Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.

191. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

192. But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

193. And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah. but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression

The Quran also says:

9.13. Will ye not fight people who violated their oaths, plotted to expel the Messenger, and took the aggressive by being the first (to assault) you? Do ye fear them? Nay, it is Allah Whom ye should more justly fear, if ye believe!

It also tells us:

As for such who do not fight you on account of faith, or drive you forth from your homelands, God does not forbid you to show them kindness and to deal with them with equity, for God loves those who act equitably. God only forbids you to turn in friendship towards such as fight against you because of faith and drive you forth from your homelands or aid in driving you forth. As for those from among you who turn towards them for alliance, it is they who are wrongdoers. 60:8-9

It also clarifies further by stating:

Permission (to fight) is given to those against whom war is being wrongfully waged, and verily, God has indeed the power to aid them. Those who have been driven from their homelands in defiance of right for no other reason than their saying, �Our Lord is God.� 22:39-40

It is crystal clear that the Koran is talking about fighting when you are forced to fight because of your religious believes. Muhammad was seen by the Arab pagans as an apostate you defied the traditions of his people, tribe and family. He was seen as a denouncer of the gods of Mecca. We are given in the Koran many such scenarios that tells us about the tribalistic attitude of the semitic peoples who saw religion as a national identity to be followed by every member and who denounces that as a traitor to hiw own people.

We are told:

19.44-47. "O my father! serve not Satan: for Satan is a rebel against God Most Gracious. "O my father! I fear lest a Penalty afflict thee from God Most Gracious, so that thou become to Satan a friend." (The father) replied: "Dost thou hate my gods, O Abraham? If thou forbear not, I will indeed stone thee: Now get away from me for a good long while!". Abraham said: "Peace be on thee: I will pray to my Lord for thy forgiveness: for He is to me Most Gracious.

Also concerning the prophets we are told:

36.16. They said: "Our Lord doth know that we have been sent on a mission to you: "And our duty is only to proclaim the clear Message." The (people) said: "for us, we augur an evil omen from you: if ye desist not, we will certainly stone you. And a grievous punishment indeed will be inflicted on you by us."

We are told concerning Moses and the Pharoah:

26.27-29. (Pharaoh) said: "Truly your apostle who has been sent to you is a veritable madman!" (Moses) said: "Lord of the East and the West, and all between! if ye only had sense!" (Pharaoh) said: "If thou dost put forward any god other than me, I will certainly put thee in prison!"

26.45-49. Then Moses threw his rod, when, behold, it straightway swallows up all the falsehoods which they fake! Then did the sorcerers fall down, prostrate in adoration, Saying: "We believe in the Lord of the Worlds, "The Lord of Moses and Aaron." Said (Pharaoh): "Believe ye in Him before I give you permission? surely he is your leader, who has taught you sorcery! but soon shall ye know! Be sure I will cut off your hands and your feet on opposite sides, and I will cause you all to die on the cross!"

Also concerning Noah and his people we are told:

26.115-116 "I am sent only to warn plainly in public." They said: "If thou desist not, O Noah! thou shalt be stoned (to death)."

We also have the story of Jesus and the Pharisees in the Gospel. So there is an attitude that prevailed in semitic cultures. Where religion was seen as an identity, a national identity.

When people entered Islam in large numbers they brought that attitude with them. Failing to find it in the Koran they came up with hadiths to justify it. They saw that as something normal. The reality is Muhammad's followers were a few, the minority. He was forced into exile after persecution. When they saw him still continuing preaching they decided to kill him. Before that they tried to struck a bargain with him.

We are told about such bargains:

10.15-16. But when Our Clear Signs are rehearsed unto them, those who rest not their hope on their meeting with Us, Say: "Bring us a reading other than this, or change this," Say: "It is not for me, of my own accord, to change it: I follow naught but what is revealed unto me: if I were to disobey my Lord, I should myself fear the penalty of a Great Day (to come)." Say: "If Allah had so willed, I should not have rehearsed it to you, nor would He have made it known to you. A whole life-time before this have I tarried amongst you: will ye not then understand?"

Another words, bring us ANOTHER KORAN. Another revelation. Another Islam.

You know, Sunni and Shia and Ahmedi and so on. You know, hadith, fiqh, sira and sufism and so on. You know.

Koran is peace!

Forum List

Back