Does the GOP think children cleaning toilets is better for the US than an education?

Does the GOP think children cleaning toilets is better for the US than an education?

I don’t know about the GOP but Gingrich clearly wasn’t thinking when he made his ignorant and idiotic proposal.

It’s hard to believe someone so consistently wrong on so many substantive issues thinks he can become president.

I don't support Newt but what he said isn't dumb - its absolutely truthful and logical..

What's the counter argument to his assertion?? kids shouldn't do work???

Those opposed to his argument may as well say that kids shouldn't have to scrub toilets and its a bad idea for a kid to have a job...

Then some parents wonder why they have their 30-year-old children living in their basements???

Maybe it's because they believe their children are too good to scrub a toilet - nothing less than 6 figures is acceptable to get off the fucking X-box to nuke mac and cheese for grandma...

The emotional reaction is so fucking stupid...

Its like: "how dare anyone expect a child to clean a toilet."

Who else is supposed to clean the toilet??

Is there a toilet fairy????

I was mowing lawns, shoveling driveways, stacking wood, changing diapers, feeding babies and cleaning toilets before I was 9 and I wasn't hardly paid unless a couple bucks a week back in 1988-89 was could buy you more then than it could today..

Geez...

Last edited:
The classroom is supposed to be where you learn how to work hard and be humble. Of course that is constantly undermined by the ongoing conservative obsession of demonizing, degrading, and demeaning teachers.

Bullshit.... you learn those skills at home.

You then exhibit those skills in the classroom, and go a long way in life because of them.

Screw you... we dont demonize, degrade, nor demean teachers. :cuckoo:

Nice talking points though :lol:

Gingrich asks Trump to create 'apprentice' program for poor schoolchildren

"Really poor children in really poor neighborhoods have no habits for working and have nobody around them who works. So they literally have no habit of showing up on Monday. They have no habit of staying all day. They have no habit of I do this and you give me cash unless it's illegal," he explained last week in Des Moines.

First Read - Gingrich asks Trump to create 'apprentice' program for poor schoolchildren

I'm guessing they will be given the opportunity to clean toilets in the Trump Tower.

Better than teaching them to collect welfare, watch Jerry Springer, breed and vote for Democrats, which is pretty much what public education teaches them to do now.

this thread sucked 3 days ago and time hasn't improved it

Oh I don't know about that, I'm rather enjoying the libtards bitching about how they've been screwed over by almost anything that moves and breathes,, :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As opposed to the Conservatards who blame everything on Gubmint in general and Obama in particular for just about anything they can think of...hypocrite.

So you didn't write the post prior to mine? And you aren't angry at Republicans for having the audacity to suggest we provide our youth with opportunities to work?

Nope... I called you out for being the robots you are with your bullshit slams against people who don't agree with you that I have heard ad nauseum on this forum. You repeat the same mantra like it's a Gregorian Chant or something. You think that if you repeat it enough, that it makes it so....Ohmmmmmm...Everyone who is not a teabagger is a Marrrrrrxissssst....Ohmmmmmm.

It's fucking tiresome and gets in the way of productive conversation...always degrading a thread into.... Fuckin' Commie vs. Fucking Dupe.

Tissue?

Fuck off Kochsucker.

Actually, I have no problem with kids working. I started in the workforce at 14 and have been working ever since.

Although... I wish I would have listened to my HS football coach. I was a big kid...6'2" 270 lbs in 9th grade... I was playing LT/NG on the JV team. I told him I was quitting football so I could get a job and a car... he told me this. "Son, you have the rest of your life to work." He was right.

Football? Car? So you weren't poor?

No... I wasn't poor... I was firmly entrenched in the Middle Class, as I am now. I find it disgusting that my parents paid off their houses in ten years, Bought a new care every other year, and took us on Family Vacations every Summer and how far the Middle Class has fallen since then. It's fucking sad and is a direct reflection of Republican policies and a lack of Democratic intestinal Fortitude.

OK... assholes... NOW I'll take that tissue.

You know what? I'm sick and tired of hearing about YOUR interpretation of what our founding fathers meant... Just like I am sick and tired of YOUR interpretation of Christianity. You are wrong on both counts. They weren't against taxation.... they were against taxation without representation.... and life was a hell of a lot simpler back then. So... unless you want to let all the roads, the electrical grid(which only operates at 37% efficiency anyway) and all of the rest of the shit that YOU take for granted deteriorate and die...and go back to that "simpler time"... fuck off and pay up... just like the rest of us Patriots do.

How much is OK with you???? How much of YOUR money are you willing to give up to the overeating assholes in local and federal gov't entities?

We work hard for what we earn, and to see it wasted the way it is is sickening!

WTF are you talking about with the "overeating" thing? LOCAL? are you serious? How much do you think a local, college educated social worker gets... I can tell you... less than $20k in my area. At the state level, they make about $50k. Once again... you have no clue about what you're talking about. You read the stories from right wing websites, listen to your right wing radio, and watch your right wing TV and it never crosses your mind that they're lying to you...or at the very least, skewing numbers to make it seem much, much worse than it is.

I mean, I saw a report once that said the AVERAGE State worker makes $60k/year.... seems like a lot, right? However, they are taking the salaries from the Governor, Lt. Governor, State Congress, Department managers and their underlings...All of which aren't part of any union, on down to the dude that scrubs the toilets. It's easy to do that.... that would be like saying that the average Wal-Mart employee makes 50k when factoring all the store managers, the Executive staff, the CEO and Sam Walton's family's take.

They are elitists who hate people making an honest living.

I guess. I know I am sick to death of "faux" intellectuals. I grew up in the day of working men and women who really got dirty daily.

My grandparents generation were the souls they sent north to work in mines when they first got off the boat.

But then in their good hearts they thought they were doing a generation a favor by sending them to University and set them up to be the "me" class.

Did they get off the boat willingly?

That they did. And that's an excellent point. They were running for their lives for these freedom shores.

My great grandfather ran with three of his daughters in 1917. My Baba and her two sisters running for the New World because all hell was about to break loose in Russia.

Their names are beautiful. Katarina (my Baba), Marika oh I loved her so (cool note to add to this is that she married a man who was only 5 ft tall and my aunt was 5 ft 9 that she met on the boat. My Uncle Felix. Neither of them spoke english. He's Italian and she's Ukrainian. But it was love. And they married. Can you even imagine this in this day and age?)

I can't find a translation for my other aunts name but it would be like Jennifer here.

But they ran for freedom in the New World. Now my great grandmother stayed behind with my one aunt who was already betrothed in marriage.

My great grandfather saw the writing on the wall for true. That revolution ended up with Stalin killing 8 million of my people.

:eusa_angel:On my mothers side. The Irish side is just as wild.

Gingrich asks Trump to create 'apprentice' program for poor schoolchildren

"Really poor children in really poor neighborhoods have no habits for working and have nobody around them who works. So they literally have no habit of showing up on Monday. They have no habit of staying all day. They have no habit of I do this and you give me cash unless it's illegal," he explained last week in Des Moines.

First Read - Gingrich asks Trump to create 'apprentice' program for poor schoolchildren

I'm guessing they will be given the opportunity to clean toilets in the Trump Tower.

Listen carefully rdean. His plan is not to substitute education for working. Let's try it again.. His plan is NOT TO SUBSTITUTE EDUCATION FOR WORKING.

I USUALLY SKIP OVER YOUR POSTS BUT THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD IS SO WRONG, i HAD TO RESPOND. Maybe if you just read posts and go to bed, you wouldn't be wrong so much.

I think you'd better get a job and save the kids from cleaning toilets. You do the toilets. Let the, sweep the floors. AFTER SCHOOL. Then another hour for study hall with a teacher there for help. All hours paid!

The emotional reaction is so fucking stupid...

Its like: "how dare anyone expect a child to clean a toilet."

Who else is supposed to clean the toilet??

Is there a toilet fairy????

I was mowing lawns, shoveling driveways, stacking wood, changing diapers, feeding babies and cleaning toilets before I was 9 and I wasn't hardly paid unless a couple bucks a week back in 1988-89 was could buy you more then than it could today..

Geez...

hehehe

first thing that came to mind was Barney Frank in a tutu and tiara scrubbing with lysol.

I'm on dayquil. so I'm getting these wierd images in my head.

The "toilet fairy" is priceless.

I don’t know about the GOP but Gingrich clearly wasn’t thinking when he made his ignorant and idiotic proposal.

It’s hard to believe someone so consistently wrong on so many substantive issues thinks he can become president.

I don't support Newt but what he said isn't dumb - its absolutely truthful and logical..

Those opposed to his argument may as well say that kids shouldn't have to scrub toilets and its a bad idea for a kid to have a job...

Then some parents wonder why they have their 30-year-old children living in their basements???

Maybe it's because they believe their children are too good to scrub a toilet - nothing less than 6 figures is acceptable to get off the fucking X-box to nuke mac and cheese for grandma...

Are you going to force these kids to work?

The classroom is supposed to be where you learn how to work hard and be humble. Of course that is constantly undermined by the ongoing conservative obsession of demonizing, degrading, and demeaning teachers.

You then exhibit those skills in the classroom, and go a long way in life because of them.

If you learn those skills at home, why is Newt trying to get the government to take over teaching them?

Are you going to force these kids to work?

All I know is that if I was faced with a choice between telling someone that my son was either a coke dealer or a squeegee kid, I'll take coke dealer for $10,000 Alex.

Come on people.

If you learn those skills at home, why is Newt trying to get the government to take over teaching them?

He is not. Nowhere is he asking for the classroom time be spent on teaching the children how to clean grafitti. You and the rest of the left have a comprehension issue.

Instead, he is offering an idea very similar to Obamas idea...one that the left hailed as a great idea....

GIVE THE KIDS SOME COMMUNITY RESPONSIBILITY IN A SUPERVISED ENVIRONMENT.

It will reach them to be proud of their community; apopreciate the rewards of hard work; give them something to do after school is out; and offer them an opportunity to appreciate earning some money .
But you see....you and the rest of the left refuse to see the benefits of his suggestion becuase all you want to do is slander anyone that thinks differently than you.....even whewn it is a good idea.

He is not. Nowhere is he asking for the classroom time be spent on teaching the children how to clean grafitti. You and the rest of the left have a comprehension issue.

Instead, he is offering an idea very similar to Obamas idea...one that the left hailed as a great idea....

GIVE THE KIDS SOME COMMUNITY RESPONSIBILITY IN A SUPERVISED ENVIRONMENT.

It will reach them to be proud of their community; apopreciate the rewards of hard work; give them something to do after school is out; and offer them an opportunity to appreciate earning some money .
But you see....you and the rest of the left refuse to see the benefits of his suggestion becuase all you want to do is slander anyone that thinks differently than you.....even whewn it is a good idea.

So, a cleaner who is employed by a public school district doesn't work for the government?

Are you that retarded?

The man is running for President.

I thought conservatives didn't want the federal government sticking its nose into everywhere it didn't belong.

Forum List

Back