Does the GOP think children cleaning toilets is better for the US than an education?

R

rdean

Gingrich asks Trump to create 'apprentice' program for poor schoolchildren

"Really poor children in really poor neighborhoods have no habits for working and have nobody around them who works. So they literally have no habit of showing up on Monday. They have no habit of staying all day. They have no habit of I do this and you give me cash unless it's illegal," he explained last week in Des Moines.

First Read - Gingrich asks Trump to create 'apprentice' program for poor schoolchildren

I'm guessing they will be given the opportunity to clean toilets in the Trump Tower.

Actually, I have no problem with kids working. I started in the workforce at 14 and have been working ever since.

Although... I wish I would have listened to my HS football coach. I was a big kid...6'2" 270 lbs in 9th grade... I was playing LT/NG on the JV team. I told him I was quitting football so I could get a job and a car... he told me this. "Son, you have the rest of your life to work." He was right.

how is it 'goading' you?

It is a blatant lie. Either you guys know that or you are idiots. Which is it Counselor?

One can work and get an education just fine. I agree not everyone can do it but most people can. Further You have no grounds to talk your cities education system is a blatant failure. Almost no one actually gets an education from your high schools.

TEN (10) kids. TEN "apprentices". That's how many these two weasels say they're gonna help. (sorry weasels. I know you're just trying to do the same thing the rest of us are - make a living in spite of the obstacle course we affectionately refer to as the GPbP/Repub Party.

Meanwhile, newt is still saying he wants to take jobs away from the working poor.

GAWD - what a pair these two are.

Bet their "meeting" was a real hoot. Both of them yammering on and on, neither of them able to get a word in edgewise.

BTW, La Donald said "his people" had found out some really damaging stuff about our president that he would "soon" make it pubic. That was a long LONG time ago. So, where is it, D O N ?

(Bet its in the same place as John McCain's knowledge of where bin Laden was hiding. Remember that he said he'd make it public as soon as we elected him prez? Thank you President Obama - for just getting the job done.)

It would assure cheap labor in the future.

Well, that's what the likes of Newt and Trump want but its not what is best for our country.

The rest of the world is educating their children to better compete on the world stage. Languages, math, computer sciences ... But, the very best the GObP/repubs have to offer want uneducated laborers to mow their lawns and pick their produce.

No wonder we're falling behind.

I remember when we ALL wanted our kids to inherit a better world than we did. Now, its just the opposite. The GObP/Repubs want us in the gutter. They want us to be working FOR the third world countries.

No engineers or computers geniuses, no First Rate health care, no more being FIRST in anything. Just servants to the 15%.

Does the GOP think children cleaning toilets is better for the US than an education?

with the piss poor education they are getting is some schools.

Toilet cleaning will be all they will be able to do..

And, that's okay with Newt and Trump.

If we're ever going to get back to being Number One in the world, we need to be improving our education instead of teaching children how to scrub floors.

Why do Repub/teabags object to that? Is it because it would require we spend some of that precious 1% money?

What would they rather we spend it on? More off-shore bank accounts?

how is learning how to work and learning humility going to prevent someone from getting an education?

In my experience, getting an education involves learning skills for dealing with the real world.

Maybe you live in a world where working hard and being humble aren't good things for us to learn. I don't know.

If we're ever going to get back to being Number One in the world, we need to be improving our education instead of teaching children how to scrub floors.

Why do Repub/teabags object to that? Is it because it would require we spend some of that precious 1% money?

wow, so you think that 1% money is YOURS to do as you wish? How commie of you

Gingrich asks Trump to create 'apprentice' program for poor schoolchildren

"Really poor children in really poor neighborhoods have no habits for working and have nobody around them who works. So they literally have no habit of showing up on Monday. They have no habit of staying all day. They have no habit of I do this and you give me cash unless it's illegal," he explained last week in Des Moines.

First Read - Gingrich asks Trump to create 'apprentice' program for poor schoolchildren

I'm guessing they will be given the opportunity to clean toilets in the Trump Tower.

We did this like three days ago.... The consensus was that democrats have a major problem with work..... Apparently scrubbing toilets is hazardous to a 16-year-old and they steal jobs from "adults" when they do choose to work - which was the democrats position when they finally got organized and agreed on one.

wow, so you think that 1% money is YOURS to do as you wish? How commie of you

He's a robber. He wants to take the money of others by force.

Robbers will destroy this government.

Forum List

Back