Does the GOP stand for anything??

The biggest problem for the republicans is that they banked their reputation on an Obama failure. They ranted gloom and doom, runaway inflation, economic disaster because of what Obama tried to do to fix the worst recession in 70 years.
A year from now the public is going to look at an improving economy and question what the hell the republicans were ranting about.

you hope....and if it gets worse, will you come on here and say so?.....[/QUOTE]

You can count on it...
Are you willing to admit the economy is doing better than it was in January?

The biggest problem for the republicans is that they banked their reputation on an Obama failure. They ranted gloom and doom, runaway inflation, economic disaster because of what Obama tried to do to fix the worst recession in 70 years.
A year from now the public is going to look at an improving economy and question what the hell the republicans were ranting about.

you hope....and if it gets worse, will you come on here and say so?.....[/QUOTE]

You can count on it...
Are you willing to admit the economy is doing better than it was in January?

<crickets chirping> "Nobody here but us chickenhawks!"

I love how the Left shuts out the GOP and then claims they have no solutions. Total fabrication.
Fortunately the GOP will be kicking some major butt come 2010.

Rabbi, put down the drugs, look in the mirror, and say, "I know I am trying to change reality, but reality will come anyway." Repeat it as many times as it takes you to come back to reality -- BHO is president, most Americans hate your party, and you folks are out of power for a long, long time.

Democrats thought they could run as "Anti-Bush" in 2004 and look where it got them.

If all the GOP has in 2012 is "Anti-Obama" then they'll lose just the same as the Democrats did in 2004. Its time for the GOP to get past their ODS and get on with actual policy making.

I love how the Left shuts out the GOP and then claims they have no solutions. Total fabrication.

Rabbi, put down the drugs, look in the mirror, and say, "I know I am trying to change reality, but reality will come anyway." Repeat it as many times as it takes you to come back to reality -- BHO is president, most Americans hate your party, and you folks are out of power for a long, long time.

Jake, you put down the Kool Aid and you face reality. Obama was elected because he wasn't George Bush. He got in promising everything to everybody. His popularity and approval ratings are plummeting every time he opens his mouth. And that's with members of his own party, much less independents.
The economy was bound to recover anyyway not matter what he did. But with his stupid plans employers are waiting to hire people so unemployment will remain stagnant.
Meanwhile the GOP will eventually get its act together and their approval ratings have been going up.
Get over it. It's '96 all over again.

Jake, you put down the Kool Aid and you face reality. Obama was elected because he wasn't George Bush. He got in promising everything to everybody. His popularity and approval ratings are plummeting every time he opens his mouth. And that's with members of his own party, much less independents.
The economy was bound to recover anyyway not matter what he did. But with his stupid plans employers are waiting to hire people so unemployment will remain stagnant.
Meanwhile the GOP will eventually get its act together and their approval ratings have been going up.
Get over it. It's '96 all over again

It killed me, but I had to rep the Rabbi on this one as I know it is the truth. The American voter is simply too fickle and before we know it, the GOP will have control of both the Congress and WHY again. History proves this point.

Get over it. It's '96 all over again.

Ohh so now its "the economy was bound to recover anyway no matter what he did"???

Seems odd that in Feb/March republicans were positive that the Obama economic policies meant impending doom. They had to vote NO to save us from economic collapse.

Now you are saying things would have fixed themselves.......Chicken Little anyone?

Ohh so now its "the economy was bound to recover anyway no matter what he did"???

Seems odd that in Feb/March republicans were positive that the Obama economic policies meant impending doom. They had to vote NO to save us from economic collapse.

Now you are saying things would have fixed themselves.......Chicken Little anyone?

This is a tactic as old as the hills. Look at how the GOP frames the economic debate when it comes to Clinton.

To listen to the GOP partisans, success for a Democrat means he took credit for it from a Republican. Failure for a Republican means he got stuck with a Democrat's mess. Predictable as all get out.

Of course there are some left wing folks just as bad. Its the main reason Partisans stink. Its impossible to get one to acknowledge when the other guys succeeds.

This is a tactic as old as the hills. Look at how the GOP frames the economic debate when it comes to Clinton.

To listen to the GOP partisans, success for a Democrat means he took credit for it from a Republican. Failure for a Republican means he got stuck with a Democrat's mess. Predictable as all get out.

Of course there are some left wing folks just as bad. Its the main reason Partisans stink. Its impossible to get one to acknowledge when the other guys succeeds.

Just politics as usual

Weren't the democrats the "party of no" the prior 8 years?
This is a stupid thread, Rightwinger

Yeah, and look how they fared for the first 6 years of the Bush/DeLay/Frist years?

If all you have is "I'm not the other guy" you're doomed. Your only hope is if the other guy screws up. If you've got something you can hang your hat on (like say a "Contract with America") you've got a shot.

Do the GOP have that right now?

Things would have fixed themselves even in spite of the way that the previous admin ran things into the ground?

And now you're saying that you want ANOTHER GOP type to run things so they can dig us in deeper?

Where the fuck is your logic?

Yeah, and look how they fared for the first 6 years of the Bush/DeLay/Frist years?

If all you have is "I'm not the other guy" you're doomed. Your only hope is if the other guy screws up. If you've got something you can hang your hat on (like say a "Contract with America") you've got a shot.

This is the state of the politicians now...not saying it's right, but this is the way it is. I'm not for it, but what is, is. Each side is always counting on the other side to screw up. Dems are in position to screw up in the administration with the amount of debt it's accumulating. Of course, the right will pounce on it. The last administration it was the war, then the economy, so on, and so on.

Last edited:

This is the state of the politicians now...not saying it's right, but this is the way it is. I'm not for it, but what is, is. Each side is always counting on the other side to screw up. Dems are in position to screw up in the administration with the amount of debt it's accumulating. Of course, the right will pounce on it. The last administration it was the war, then the economy, so on, and so on.

True. That's the only reason that I put any stock in these talks of comebacks for the GOP in 2010. I still don't think they'll unseat Obama in 2012 (there just isn't anyone on the GOP side to rally behind), but the Democrats in Congress certainly aren't helping themselves.

Thanks.
It's the case. The GOP screwed up badly in the Bush Years and still needs to take concrete steps to get its creds back. But once they get on message--lower taxes, less regulation, vigorous foreign policy--they will attract more votes. It's a proven formula, they just need to remember that.

Thanks.
It's the case. The GOP screwed up badly in the Bush Years and still needs to take concrete steps to get its creds back. But once they get on message--lower taxes, less regulation, vigorous foreign policy--they will attract more votes. It's a proven formula, they just need to remember that.

Sorry, to borrow a quote from Tropic Thunder, the GOP "has gone full blown retard".

Nope.........the GOP is going to end up going the way of the Washingtonians and the Whigs.

Thanks.
I hope by "vigorous" you mean attacking our enemies strongly.

The last thing we need is the neocon foreign policy again.

Thanks.
I hope by "vigorous" you mean attacking our enemies strongly.

The last thing we need is the neocon foreign policy again.
I thought the "neo-cons" (and we all know who they are) were the ones in favor of attacking enemies.

Thanks.

Sorry, to borrow a quote from Tropic Thunder, the GOP "has gone full blown retard".

Nope.........the GOP is going to end up going the way of the Washingtonians and the Whigs.
If they don't start letting the paleo-cons, libertarians, etc. have a seat at the table...I'd have to agree with you.

Forum List

Back