Does the GOP believe in a God of intolerance?

Intolerance is not a bad thing. God is intolerant of sin, pure and simple. If you have a problem with what He calls sin, the problem is with you, not God.

I don't have a problem with what "HE" calls sin,or even God. The problem I have is with others, who sin, then try to act all "holier than thou" towards everyone else. I have to disagree also that intolerance is not bad thing. Of course it is. You're not God. Nor are any of those who are intolerant. It's neither of your places ( as mortals ) to judge others.

Isn't that what you are doing also with the OP of this thread, calling others insane, etc, because you oppose their view? The holier than thou/intolerance thing?

What's wrong with his statement? Nothing.

However, i would hardly call the followers of Jesus an "evil Influence". The problem with a lot of Christ's followers is that they want to focus on the do's and don't's, but pay hardly any heed to the real message of Jesus.

Plus, you have a Marketing campaign from Big Money that further distorts the word of God. God isn't about punishment. In fact, He sent Jesus down to Earth so that "none should perish". The bigotry and prejudice comes from man(and perhaps Satan), not from God.

The people that wish others ill in the name of God are the ones that probably should be worried about their own salvation, because it may be in much more jeopardy than they think.

I'm sorry. It just seems to me that Christians are consistently the only ones that can't tolerate those of a different faith. The most intolerant are those of the religious right. It's an interesting term, if you think about it. The religious right. Because typically it means the Christian right. No one else: not Buddhist, not Muslims, not even other Christians that prefer NOT to wear their religious beliefs like a chip on their shoulder.

And you want to claim these folks aren't an evil influence?
I beg to differ.

The most intolerant are those of the religious right
Funny from my point of view its the idiots on the left that can't accept anyone having a view other then their own which is exactly what you are dong at this moment.

Also I wonder if you have ever thought about that fact that their are Liberal Christians as well are you saying they are also Intolerant because they hold a belief that is not one you choose?

How do you know what I believe? I haven't seen too many liberals ,who happen to be Christians, trying to ban gay marriages, get abortion clinics closed, or whining that their kids can't subject all the other kids to their faith. No one is saying you can't believe what you want. It's when you start trying to force others to adopt your faith that the problems start.

Intolerance is not a bad thing. God is intolerant of sin, pure and simple. If you have a problem with what He calls sin, the problem is with you, not God.

I don't have a problem with what "HE" calls sin,or even God. The problem I have is with others, who sin, then try to act all "holier than thou" towards everyone else. I have to disagree also that intolerance is not bad thing. Of course it is. You're not God. Nor are any of those who are intolerant. It's neither of your places ( as mortals ) to judge others.

Isn't that what you are doing also with the OP of this thread, calling others insane, etc, because you oppose their view? The holier than thou/intolerance thing?

Jesus, how many times do I have to explain this? I don't oppose their views, I oppose them infringing on the rights of others because of them.

Isn't that what you are doing also with the OP of this thread, calling others insane, etc, because you oppose their view? The holier than thou/intolerance thing?.

Jesus, how many times do I have to explain this? I don't oppose their views, I oppose them infringing on the rights of others because of them.

So if a Christian obeys God's law because it has been pressed on their heart to do so and is intolerant of say homosexuality by excluding them from being an employee of theirs, or in some other way allowed into their life, are they infringing on the rights of others?

At what point does respecting the sin become condoning the sin? And just for God's point of view on the matter:

Jude 1:4-15 (a big chunk so you can get context. Bold by me.

Jud 1:4 For certain men whose condemnation was written about [fn] long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

Jud 1:5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord [fn] delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

Jud 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home--these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

Jud 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Jud 1:8 In the very same way, these dreamers pollute their own bodies, reject authority and slander celestial beings.

Jud 1:9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

Jud 1:10 Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals--these are the very things that destroy them.

Jud 1:11 Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam's error; they have been destroyed in Korah's rebellion.

Jud 1:12 These men are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm--shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted--twice dead.

Jud 1:13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

Jud 1:14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: "See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones

Jud 1:15 to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him."

I dunno. He doesn't mince words too much.

And recall I am not saying that the law is gone, but rather that Christ fulfilled the law by allowing salvation from it's conviction through his crucifixion and resurrection.

You claim to have a problem with His followers? Then you must have a problem with Him. Reminds me of the chapter in C. S. Lewis' "The Screwtape Letters" where Wormwood is given instructions on how to wreck worship at church by getting his 'patient' to focus on all the day to day irritants that fill this imperfect sin-damaged world and all the denizens within. The way the grocer sings off-key. The whistling nose of the Barber. The irritating gossip tapping a squeaky shoe during the sermon. All to get the patient's mind off God. If you've not read this book, you probably should for a theologian's view of why we suck so hard as humans.

Nuff' Said.

Isn't that what you are doing also with the OP of this thread, calling others insane, etc, because you oppose their view? The holier than thou/intolerance thing?.

So if a Christian obeys God's law because it has been pressed on their heart to do so and is intolerant of say homosexuality by excluding them from being an employee of theirs, or in some other way allowed into their life, are they infringing on the rights of others?

At what point does respecting the sin become condoning the sin?

Nuff' Said.

Not really interested in your proselytizing. It's against the law to discriminate against gays in hiring. However, if in your personal life you want to be a bigot, that's up to you. There are no biblical rules that instruct you to do that.

Nuff' Said.

Forum List

Back