Does the forum say "Christian religion"?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
God only knows (no pun intended) there is plenty to talk about with fat Buddah and the religion of jihad but look at the forum, it's either nit-picked passages out of the Bible or outright hate speech. I guess Christians are easy targets for the left wing.

God only knows (no pun intended) there is plenty to talk about with fat Buddah and the religion of jihad but look at the forum, it's either nit-picked passages out of the Bible or outright hate speech. I guess Christians are easy targets for the left wing.
This is as good a place as any to post this, not that it will have any effect on the OP.

What we have here is a perception problem by many on the right – as ‘Christian bashing’ is a myth.

If an American Muslim or Jew were to say something ignorant or advocate something stupid such as court rulings disallowing the Ten Commandments being placed on the wall of city hall is a ‘violation’ of the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment, then the ‘left wing’ would be as critical of that Muslim or Jew for his ignorance and stupidity.

That Muslims, Jews, and other religions are minorities is the likely reason why they don’t advocate the conjoining of church and State, as unfortunately some Christians do.

So a challenge to the OP:

Cite a news story where a Muslim cleric or elected official is advocating for the placement of passages from the Koran be placed on a public building, and the ‘left wing’ will gladly target his ignorance of, and contempt for, the Constitution and its case law.

And a tried and true logical fallacy. One of the faves of the liberal mob. It makes a nice slogan.

Support what with scripture? You are asking that I prove a negative? Surely you aren't that ridiculously ignorant. The "claim" is that Jesus was a hippie. I refute it. Now it is up to the claimant to prove their claim. If they are able to provide some evidence that it is so (scripture, in other words) then sure, the onus is on me to disprove.

I wish people who see themselves as great debaters would actually enroll in a debate class once in a while. I get tired of the same amateurish idiocies.

Support what with scripture? You are asking that I prove a negative? Surely you aren't that ridiculously ignorant. The "claim" is that Jesus was a hippie. I refute it. Now it is up to the claimant to prove their claim. If they are able to provide some evidence that it is so (scripture, in other words) then sure, the onus is on me to disprove.

I wish people who see themselves as great debaters would actually enroll in a debate class once in a while. I get tired of the same amateurish idiocies.

you should try some new ones or maybe go pro. :thup:

Ironic considering your only refutation was "I refute it."

You then follow it up with an ad hominem, which is a class 2 argument (just above insulting, which is a class 1, if you can't do math. See what I did thar?)

I will support my claim.

Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. -- Matthew 6:25-26

Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we wear?' For it is the nations who strive for all these things. But strive first for the kingdom of God and its righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry for itself; sufficient to the day is the trouble thereof. -- Matthew 6:31-34

Then the disciples of John came to him, saying: "why do we and the Pharisees fast, but your disciples do not fast?" -- Matthew 9:14

Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, "Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands before they eat." -- Matthew 15:1-2

When he was speaking, a Pharisee invited him to dine with him; so he went in and took his place at the table. The Pharisee was amazed to see that he did not first wash before dinner. -- Luke 11:37-38

Now you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. You fools! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also? So give for alms those things that are within; and see, everything will be clean for you. -- Luke 11:39-40

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which on the outside look beautiful, but inside they are full of the bones of the dead and all kinds of filth. So you also on the outside look righteous to others, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. -- Matthew 23:27-28

What is all of this saying?

Jesus was against tradition.

Tolerance, understanding? Sure have some more buddy.

Do not judge, lest you be judged. For, by the judgement you render you will be judged, and, by the standard you use to measure you will be measured. -- Matthew 7:1-2

In everything do to others as you would have them do to you; for this is the law and the prophets. -- Matthew 7:12

"You have heard it that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in Heaven; for he makes the sun rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." -- Matthew 5:43-45

On the subject of money?

Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions, and give alms. Make purses for yourselves that do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is there your heart will be also. -- Luke 18:32-34

You lack one thing; go, sell what you own, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me. -- Mark 10:21

Living homeless? Sure thing.

A scribe then approached and said, 'Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go.' And Jesus said to him: Foxes have holes, and birds of their air have nests; but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head." -- Matthew 8:19-20

Jesus was NOT against tradition, and he stated that baldly. He said he was not here to break the law but to fulfill it. I'm sorry you don't understand the difference.

And the fact that he angered and criticized the Pharisees for violating the temple and misunderstanding God's Word does NOT make him the equivalent of a "hippie" or "progressive" of today.

Cite a news story where a Muslim cleric or elected official is advocating for the placement of passages from the Koran be placed on a public building, and the ‘left wing’ will gladly target his ignorance of, and contempt for, the Constitution and its case law.

False premise.

Unless you would like to argue that today's progressives admonish sinners to "sin no more". Do you have an example of a progressive saying that to homosexuals, or adults living together?

Jesus was NOT against tradition, and he stated that baldly. He said he was not here to break the law but to fulfill it. I'm sorry you don't understand the difference.

And the fact that he angered and criticized the Pharisees for violating the temple and misunderstanding God's Word does NOT make him the equivalent of a "hippie" or "progressive" of today.

Sure it would. He challenged the established order.

That's the definition of progressive.

Forum List

Back