Does the federal government have the power to control immigration?

yes them does,, the US is one giant grocery store to mexicans who need to steal.. steal in, steal identity, steal you blind.. all cause their governments sucks.. and you suck too

You just implied all Mexicans steal from the U.S. You know how ignorant that sounds, right?

It's a rather crude way of describing the practice.

They earn money here...send it home to their relatives in Mexico or wherever.

They break into rancher's homes along the border because they're starving and thirsty.

Ranchers are afraid to leave only to find squatters all over the place when they come back.

do you think I give a good goddamn that you call me a racist?? asswipe? why do you think the mexican government publishes pamphlets on how to sneak into the big grocery store called the us of kkka?? huh??

Except you just called all mexicans thieves. That would be a textbook definition of racism.

okay butt plug we shall wait.. underline where I said all.. go ahead..

It's a rather crude way of describing the practice.

They earn money here...send it home to their relatives in Mexico or wherever..

Okay? So if someone was here on a visa and did the same thing, according to you, it would still be stealing. :cuckoo:

Does the federal government have the power to control immigration?.

Nope.

4. _Resolved_, That alien friends are under the jurisdiction and protection of the laws of the State wherein they are: that no power over them has been delegated to the United States, nor prohibited to the individual States, distinct from their power over citizens. And it being true as a general principle, and one of the amendments to the Constitution having also declared, that "the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people," the act of the Congress of the United States, passed on the -- day of July, 1798, intituled "An Act concerning aliens," which assumes powers over alien friends, not delegated by the Constitution, is not law, but is altogether void, and of no force.

Thomas Jefferson

Here is an interesting compromise that I think will make open-borders people and anti-illegal immigration people equally happy. The solution lies in the correct interpretation of the constitution that says the federal government has the power to establlish naturalization rules. Naturalization rules are not the same as immigration because naturalization is the process at which someone becomes a citizen of the United States while immigration is the movement of people across national borders. This is a clear distinction that says that the power to control immigration lies with each state so a state like Arizona can declare no more immigrants while California can allow as many people as they want simply because the power to control immigration belongs to each state and not to the federal government. Each state can then have its own immigration policy (not naturalization policy since that belongs in the federal government). This should make everyone happy.
Interesting Idea for a change, however the powers to regulate immigration comes from the Supreme Court. See below.

"The Constitution never mentions immigration, so how is it that the rules for immigrants, and quotas from countries, are set by the federal government and not by the state governments? After all, as the 10th Amendment states, are the powers not delegated to the United States held by the states, or the people?

The Supreme Court has ruled that the Congressional power to regulate naturalization, in Article 1, Section 8, includes the power to regulate immigration (see, for example, Hampton v. Mow Sun Wong, 426 U.S. 88 [1976]). It would not make sense to allow Congress to pass laws to determine how an immigrant becomes a naturalized resident if the Congress cannot determine how that immigrant can come into the country in the first place.

There is also an argument that immigration is an implied power of any sovereign nation, and as such, the federal government has the power to regulate immigration because the United States is a sovereign nation. While it is true that the United States is a sovereign nation, and it may be true that all sovereign nations have some powers inherent in that status, it is not necessary to determine if immigration is such a power that does not even require constitutional mention, because the Naturalization Clause handles the power."
Things That Are Not In the U.S. Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

That may be true in some cases. However, we have too many coming in for many different reasons, and this is the bad part of it all....

What's wrong with profiling? We have to protect our friends and neighbors, etc., after all.... The progressive traitors have profiled Tea Party people and our vets as terrorists....

I guees you could say that there are some good Puerto Rican citizens who live here and actually believe in the American way. Most are subversive and have loyalty to their true homeland of Puerto Rico, and want to subvert the American way. They do not hide this fact.... Why should I consider immigrants who do not want to assimilate into our culture and way of life in a respectful way to be American citizens when they boast their anti-Americanism....:evil:

zeitgeist2012's Blog | Obama's War & SSI SubCulture

Team Obama Calls Out Swat Team on Tea Party Patriots! - Big Government

That may be true in some cases. However, we have too many coming in for many different reasons, and this is the bad part of it all....

What's wrong with profiling? We have to protect our friends and neighbors, etc., after all.... The progressive traitors have profiled Tea Party people and our vets as terrorists....

I guees you could say that there are some good Puerto Rican citizens who live here and actually believe in the American way. Most are subversive and have loyalty to their true homeland of Puerto Rico, and want to subvert the American way. They do not hide this fact.... Why should I consider immigrants who do not want to assimilate into our culture and way of life in a respectful way to be American citizens when they boast their anti-Americanism....:evil:

"What's wrong with profiling? We have to protect our friends and neighbors, etc., "

There is lot wrong with profiling. When you are profiling, you are making a decision about an individual, not based on their actions but rather your beliefs about their race, nationality, religion, or sex. Racial profiling is an efficient way of dealing with many problems provided you are not concerned with punishing the innocent along with the guilty. Hitler killed millions of Jews and Communist in order to eliminate a small group of dissidents. We locked up a hundred thousand Japanese Americans in WWII because we felt some might be a threat. Racial Profiling may be the easy way to solve problems, but it's not the right way.

"What's wrong with profiling? We have to protect our friends and neighbors, etc., "

There is lot wrong with profiling. When you are profiling, you are making a decision about an individual, not based on their actions but rather your beliefs about their race, nationality, religion, or sex. Racial profiling is an efficient way of dealing with many problems provided you are not concerned with punishing the innocent along with the guilty. Hitler killed millions of Jews and Communist in order to eliminate a small group of dissidents. We locked up a hundred thousand Japanese Americans in WWII because we felt some might be a threat. Racial Profiling may be the easy way to solve problems, but it's not the right way.
We are not talking about killing immigrants...only sending them back home before our Country is completey destroyed....

That's all good except for the soldiers who fight for our Country and who are still loyal to their foreign country of birth. However, no one wants to transplant large sections of third world populations into their Country especially when it is already over burdened and on the verge of political and economic collapse! That is insane, and suicidal for any Country to even contemplate...

Here is a very lare collection of my statements and links that I have built up over time. I'm sure you will find it all interesting especially the name calling from the progressive liberals. Let me know if you find anything of interest?

zeitgeist2012's Blog

View topic - Get Involved...Join the Freedom Movement.... | The Seattle Times

Sign In to The 9.12 Project Network - The 9.12 Project Network

Join the cause of Freedom - MySanantonio.com Bulletin Board

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csO4PcDqitk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - What They Aren't Telling You About Arizona's Immigration Law[/ame]

Do you want to add something intelligent to the conversation? Actually..can you add something intelligent to any conversation?

To consider this an conversation would be saying that what you're saying isn't complete bullshit in the first place.

Just consider this cold hard fact next time before making a similar thread: The Federal Government gives how much aid to states? Think about that.

The Federal Government takes how much money from the states? Think about that.

Do you want to add something intelligent to the conversation? Actually..can you add something intelligent to any conversation?

To consider this an conversation would be saying that what you're saying isn't complete bullshit in the first place.

Just consider this cold hard fact next time before making a similar thread: The Federal Government gives how much aid to states? Think about that.

The Federal Government takes how much money from the states? Think about that.

This will cost us...

Why not statehood for one of the other commonwealths belonging to the US?
Is it because Puerto Rico has the biggest population of half of all the other combined overseas commonwealths? Therefore, would rig the vote for the free handout progressive traitors attempting to seize complete control of our US gov't? Next thing you know the crooks in gov't will make Kenya a state, too!

Look up `Obama's war & SSI subcultrue' on my blog link I posted previously which goes into greater detail.

The democratic dilemma

The territories and commonwealths of the United States challenge the democratic principles of the United States. Each of these jurisdictions—Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands—is governed under a different political arrangement (although the arrangements for Guam and the Virgin Islands are quite similar). But none enjoys full participation in the national political life of the United States. Although the United States is a representative democracy, the inhabitants of the territories and commonwealths do not have equal rights to participate in that democracy.

Full participation in the National Government of the United States depends not only on U.S. citizenship, but also on residence within one of the 50 States of the United States. None of the territories and commonwealths is within a State of the United States, so no U.S. citizen residing in a territory or commonwealth may fully participate in the National Government

Puerto Rico is more populated than half of the 50 States and has a larger land area than the States of Rhode Island and Delaware. Puerto Rico is certainly populous enough to become a State, a status that would give U.S. citizens residing on that island equal rights of participation in the National Government. Many residents of Puerto Rico favor Statehood for the island, but many others oppose Statehood.

Statehood is not a realistic possibility for Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands in the near future. Each is much smaller, in population and in area, than the smallest State. There is no substantial political movement toward Statehood in any of these jurisdictions

Territories & Commonwealths of the United States

Progressive traitor taking over the Internet?

How the FCC Plans to Regulate Internet Lines - Digits - WSJ

Dear Editor:

So many letter writers have based their arguments on how this land is made up of immigrants. Ernie Lujan for one, suggests we should tear down the Statue of Liberty because the people now in question aren't being treated the same as those who passed through Ellis Island and other ports of entry.

Maybe we should turn to our history books and point out to people like Mr. Lujan why today's American is not willing to accept this new kind of immigrant any longer. Back in 1900 when there was a rush from all areas of Europe to come to the United States, people had to get off a ship and stand in a long line in New York and be documented. Some would even get down on their hands and knees and kiss the ground. They made a pledge to uphold the laws and support their new country in good and bad times. They made learning English a primary rule in their new American households and some even changed their names to blend in with their new home.

They had waved good bye to their birth place to give their children a new life and did everything in their power to help their children assimilate into one culture. Nothing was handed to them. No free lunches, no welfare, no labor laws to protect them. All they had were the skills and craftsmanship they had brought with them to trade for a future of prosperity.

Most of their children came of age when World War II broke out. My father fought along side men whose parents had come straight over from Germany , Italy , France and Japan . None of these 1st generation Americans ever gave any thought about what country their parents had come from. They were Americans fighting Hitler, Mussolini and the Emperor of Japan . They were defending the United States of America as one people.

When we liberated France , no one in those villages were looking for the French-American or the German American or the Irish American. The people of France saw only Americans. And we carried one flag that represented one country. Not one of those immigrant sons would have thought about picking up another country's flag and waving it to represent who they were. It would have been a disgrace to their parents who had sacrificed so much to be here. These immigrants truly knew what it meant to be an American. They stirred the melting pot into one red, white and blue bowl.

And here we are with a new kind of immigrant who wants the same rights and privileges. Only they want to achieve it by playing with a different set of rules, one that includes the entitlement card and a guarantee of being faithful to their mother country. I'm sorry, that's not what being an American is all about. I believe that the immigrants who landed on Ellis Island in the early 1900's deserve better than that for all the toil, hard work and sacrifice in raising future generations to create a land that has become a beacon for those legally searching for a better life. I think they would be appalled that they are being used as an example by those waving foreign country flags.

And for that suggestion about taking down the Statue of Liberty , it happens to mean a lot to the citizens who are voting on the immigration bill. I wouldn't start talking about dismantling the United States just yet.

(signed)
Rosemary LaBonte

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDlutO0KK7g&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Illegals Threaten To Murder Americans With Axes and Shovels SB 1070[/ame]

Here is a youtube link to a Tucson, AZ special City Council meeting called by a Councilwoman who is asking for legal advice on how the City can sue the State of Arizona for passing the illegal immigrant bill.

Listen to the answer from the floor by a woman who is a naturalized U.S. citizen from Mexico......This is good.

GABRIELLA SPEAKS

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShkpO9Rf1bo&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Gabriella Speaks City Council Meeting April 27, 2010[/ame]

I have a novel, never before attempted approach to the illegal alien problem. All of the illegal aliens could either go back to Mexico under their own steam or be carried out. Then, they could seek to come into this country legally. If your intentions are honorable, why do you "sneak" into the country?

Why do unemployed people steal bread from the store?

Because at heart they are criminals and adversity causes them to drop the mask of civility.

We are not talking about killing immigrants...only sending them back home before our Country is completey destroyed....

That's all good except for the soldiers who fight for our Country and who are still loyal to their foreign country of birth. However, no one wants to transplant large sections of third world populations into their Country especially when it is already over burdened and on the verge of political and economic collapse! That is insane, and suicidal for any Country to even contemplate...

Here is a very lare collection of my statements and links that I have built up over time. I'm sure you will find it all interesting especially the name calling from the progressive liberals. Let me know if you find anything of interest?

zeitgeist2012's Blog

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csO4PcDqitk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - What They Aren't Telling You About Arizona's Immigration Law[/ame]
Whether a person is killed because of their race or pulling out of car for interrogation because their race, the principal is the same. Sacrificing the rights of the individual for the good of the many has a long tragic history.

Here is a very large collection of my statements and links that I have built up over time. I'm sure you will find it all interesting especially the name calling from the progressive liberals. Let me know if you find anything of interest?

zeitgeist2012's Blog

Whether a person is killed because of their race or pulling out of car for interrogation because their race, the principal is the same. Sacrificing the rights of the individual for the good of the many has a long tragic history.

People profile themselves by their actions, attitudes, demeanor, speach, lifestyles, and habits. If you wear pot leaf jewelry, clothing, and drive down the road with a foreign flag hanging from your rear view mirror or not with party music blasting singing along to f**k the police, it is a good bet you will be watched and eventually busted. So, you stereotype or stigmatize yourself based on real life anti-social behavior. Common sense and discernment is what we are really talking about here and not racial profiling. If a certain race or ethnic group sets itself up by their common anti-social demeanor and actions then they become a social self-fulfilling prophecy...or a social disease....:clap2:

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/05/machete-trailer-arizona-cinco-de-mayo.html

Last edited:
As long as the current administration views each illegal immigrant that crosses the border as a "vote", they will continue to paint the majority of Arizona AND the majority of Americans as racist biggots until they are voted out of office. If we are truly a nation of laws, then we don't get to pick which ones we want to enforce/adhere to, and which ones we don't. The silent majority is rising up, and I have news for all you progressive/liberal idiots,...... your days are numbered. On the bright side, I hear they've already started living the progressive utopian dream over in Greece,.... Why don't you move there and take as many of your kooky friends with you as you can!!

As long as the current administration views each illegal immigrant that crosses the border as a "vote", they will continue to paint the majority of Arizona AND the majority of Americans as racist biggots until they are voted out of office. If we are truly a nation of laws, then we don't get to pick which ones we want to enforce/adhere to, and which ones we don't. The silent majority is rising up, and I have news for all you progressive/liberal idiots,...... your days are numbered. On the bright side, I hear they've already started living the progressive utopian dream over in Greece,.... Why don't you move there and take as many of your kooky friends with you as you can!!

Well said....

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/05/machete-trailer-arizona-cinco-de-mayo.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back