Does the failure of Solyndra mean Obama has failed on Energy policy? Not even close.

Finally, some substance! Okay, but what makes all of the other examples from PolitiFact harmful? What makes them failures? Obviously, Obama is not perfect, but I am pretty far from believing his energy policy was a failure altogether.

I appreciate you recognizing my points.
I'm not going to pick apart the link you gave in your first post, but here's a few more comments:

The partnership will also look for ways for nations to coordinate to transport green energy across national borders...

Obama has delayed a decision on the XL pipeline extension. Not cool.
Canadian tar-sands oil will be developed regardless. The question is, does the U.S. recognize the importance of bringing this oil into our country as opposed to the Canadians exporting it to China? There's no rational reasoning behind delaying the pipeline. It means secure North American energy, less imports from aggressive nations such as those in the Middle East and South America, and it means JOBS.

Enact windfall profits tax for oil companies

We've already seen how this failed for Carter. He syphoned billions in revenue from oil and gas companies with such a tax- resulting in massive industry layoffs, reduced domestic production, and increased imports.
It's not a "tax"-- and it's not based on profits. It is a direct confiscation of private property.

Release oil from Strategic Petroleum Reserve

The Reserve was not created as a mechanism to manipulate oil or gasoline prices or to buy votes. It's a strategic reserve and should be protected as such. If you want more product in the market, produce it from new discoveries within the U.S.

Of course, you do realize that taxes go somewhere right? They do help the country. It's not like the government sticks them in a mattress somewhere.

Hydrocarbon production is already one of the most (if not THE most) heavily taxed sectors of our economy. Levying yet more taxes would bleed away revenues needed to help Obama achieve his goals- reduce imports, stimulate the economy, and create jobs.

Obama has an energy policy? Who knew!

What is it?

Maybe you should start paying attention, and you would know.

But I have paid attention. He has spent a ton o money but has no results. So what exactly his his policy? If its to heat the country this winter with dollar bills he is most certainly doing a good job. Beyond that I don't see much.

Incorrect. The official report on the Green jobs initiative hasn't come out, but estimates point to close to around 800,000. To say Obama hasn't created ANY jobs is patently false.

He has not created any jobs, in any sense that is meaningful. Estimates are just that, guesses.
Billy, don't be a zero.

In any sense that is meaningful? Jobs are jobs, bud. He's made 100,000's of them. Is it really so hard for you to accept?

LOL! Little boy has trouble with math.

Finally, some substance! Okay, but what makes all of the other examples from PolitiFact harmful? What makes them failures? Obviously, Obama is not perfect, but I am pretty far from believing his energy policy was a failure altogether.

I'm not going to pick apart the link you gave in your first post, but here's a few more comments:

The partnership will also look for ways for nations to coordinate to transport green energy across national borders...

Canadian tar-sands oil will be developed regardless. The question is, does the U.S. recognize the importance of bringing this oil into our country as opposed to the Canadians exporting it to China? There's no rational reasoning behind delaying the pipeline. It means secure North American energy, less imports from aggressive nations such as those in the Middle East and South America, and it means JOBS.

We've already seen how this failed for Carter. He syphoned billions in revenue from oil and gas companies with such a tax- resulting in massive industry layoffs, reduced domestic production, and increased imports.
It's not a "tax"-- and it's not based on profits. It is a direct confiscation of private property.

The Reserve was not created as a mechanism to manipulate oil or gasoline prices or to buy votes. It's a strategic reserve and should be protected as such. If you want more product in the market, produce it from new discoveries within the U.S.

Of course, you do realize that taxes go somewhere right? They do help the country. It's not like the government sticks them in a mattress somewhere.

LOL! Naive little boy needs to grow up before shooting his mouth off.

Isn't that something? Poor America

Ok, then. Educate me. Where does it go? I don't think you know. If you did, you would have said so.

Ok, then. Educate me. Where does it go? I don't think you know. If you did, you would have said so.

Ok, seriously, how old are you? You sure as hell come across as some wet behind the ears little kid who can't even imagine (oh my!) how massive amounts of taxpayers' hard earned money is squandered on pet pork projects that no one in their right mind would categorize as "helping the country," and to support bloated and inefficient government bureaucracy, or lost to straight up graft and corruption.

Go somewhere and grow up before you continue, kid.

Last edited:
Government Motors has only sold 5329 Chevy Volts. That is a disaster many order of magnitude far greater than Solyndra.

There are 256,000,000 registered passenger vehicles in the United States running fine on oil & bio-fuel. Yet we just had to waste $50+ BILLION to save GM so they could sell a paltry 5329 Chevy Volts since we bailed them out 3+ years ago. We spent over $9 million per electric car!!!!!

:lol: Just because Obama promised that GM would sell 10,000 Chevy Volts a month & it took them years just to sell 5300 does not mean he is a COMPLETE FAILURE!!! :lol:

It is just a lack of marketing creativity. (spin)

Instead of letting the media report that the battery under the drivers seat burst into flames. They should advertize that it is equipped with a free seat warmer included!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Sales will soar!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Canada is already in negotiations with China about it. How incredibly sad for both our nations.

So they want to build a pipeline to China to pump that bitumen (and don't forget the Benzine) to refineries in China? The China talks are dead in the water.
They'll ship it. And yes, as soon as the administration announced the delay the Chinese were all over it.

Sure they are. Except that Canada is not going to build a pipeline across the Canadian Rockys to an already crowded port. Nope they just wait a bit and the extentions to the existing pipeline will eventually happen here. And guess what? It's probably going to Asia anyway!!!!

Verleger is arguing that the United States cannot escape the reality of living in a global oil market. Getting Canadian oil to the Texas Gulf Coast would put it onto ships bound for Asia, he predicted. He calls it a "Tar Sands Road to China," a play on the famous Silk Road that moved Asian goods to Western markets for 3,000 years. Although it's a long, tortuous route to ship oil through the Gulf of Mexico and around Africa's Cape of Good Hope or South America's Cape Horn, economics will favor this journey to the Far East, he contends. The bottom line for Verleger is that refineries on the Gulf Coast have long-term commitments to buy oil from current suppliers—including Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, and Mexico. Those nations don't want to cede market share to Canada. All three have ownership in Texas refineries, and they can also match any discount that comes with the Canadian crude. "There will be too much oil, it's got to go somewhere, and it's going to China," Verleger says.

Is Canadian Oil Bound for China Via Pipeline to Texas?

Getting Canadian oil to the Texas Gulf Coast would put it onto ships bound for Asia, he predicted.

And along the way create thousands of jobs and generate $ millions right here in America.

Here is an assessment on the outcome of Obama's campaign promises. I think this further proves that Obama has been a very effective president, despite a sluggish economy.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are about Energy

Here is a good one:

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Create 5 million "green" jobs

It will take about a decade for the promise above to be fully fulfilled (depending on economic conditions), but already estimates say close to a million private, green jobs will have been created by the end of 2012.

All in all, was Solyndra a failure? Yes, but that does not mean Obama hasn't made great strides with Energy issues.

I hear that he has lowered sea levels too.

GREAT JOB!!!!

So they want to build a pipeline to China to pump that bitumen (and don't forget the Benzine) to refineries in China? The China talks are dead in the water.
They'll ship it. And yes, as soon as the administration announced the delay the Chinese were all over it.

Sure they are. Except that Canada is not going to build a pipeline across the Canadian Rockys to an already crowded port. Nope they just wait a bit and the extentions to the existing pipeline will eventually happen here. And guess what? It's probably going to Asia anyway!!!!

Verleger is arguing that the United States cannot escape the reality of living in a global oil market. Getting Canadian oil to the Texas Gulf Coast would put it onto ships bound for Asia, he predicted. He calls it a "Tar Sands Road to China," a play on the famous Silk Road that moved Asian goods to Western markets for 3,000 years. Although it's a long, tortuous route to ship oil through the Gulf of Mexico and around Africa's Cape of Good Hope or South America's Cape Horn, economics will favor this journey to the Far East, he contends. The bottom line for Verleger is that refineries on the Gulf Coast have long-term commitments to buy oil from current suppliers—including Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, and Mexico. Those nations don't want to cede market share to Canada. All three have ownership in Texas refineries, and they can also match any discount that comes with the Canadian crude. "There will be too much oil, it's got to go somewhere, and it's going to China," Verleger says.

Is Canadian Oil Bound for China Via Pipeline to Texas?

It is intended that the vast majority of this oil be refined within the U.S.
And I believe that's what will happen.

Forum List

Back