Does the Church of England even have a point anymore?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
The Church of England lost the right to call itself a Christian church when it started ordaining women and openly gay men. Also, most English people are atheists so who exactly does the Church of England serve anymore?

The Church of England had a bad beginning but I say give it a painless end. Abolish it and sell its buildings and land to real churches that still believe in Christianity.

With between 3.5 to 4% of the population belonging, it still has relevance to at least a few million.

How else is Henry going to be free to marry Anne Boleyn?

With between 3.5 to 4% of the population belonging, it still has relevance to at least a few million.
When the official church of a country has less than 5% of its people going to church on Sunday, then it's really an obsolete church and should be abolished.

The Church of England got a bad start, being the official government weapon of aggression against Catholics and other non-Anglican Protestants. Now, the English are paying for all that bad karma they earned by being atheists themselves. The English, in their hatred of all non-Anglicans, started hating God too.

When the official church of a country has less than 5% of its people going to church on Sunday, then it's really an obsolete church and should be abolished.

The Church of England got a bad start, being the official government weapon of aggression against Catholics and other non-Anglican Protestants. Now, the English are paying for all that bad karma they earned by being atheists themselves. The English, in their hatred of all non-Anglicans, started hating God too.

Kick anyone who isn't a member out of the country and that percentage will improve drastically for them. It makes about as much sense as what you suggested. In the mean time, the Church of England is the center of the Anglican Communion which is one of the largest sects of Christianity.

I saw a book written by an Anglican priest, it was a call for Christians to stop believing in the literal resurrection of Christ, but to start valuing the great symbolism of that teaching.

Now, as far as I know this Anglican priest didn't lose his job after writing this book, so I think there's really a big problem at the Anglican Church.

Forum List

Back