Does the 2nd Amendment Cover Ammo?

...even though it infringes on the rights of everyone legally able to buy a gun.
It doesn't infringe on my rights at all, unless you think the extra 15 minutes I spend at Cabella's before I get my gun violates my rights.
Well, lessee.

-- Background checks create a precondition to the exercize right not inherent to same.
-- Background checks create a condition of prior restraint in that the state may not presume all who seek to bu a gun are 'guilty' doing so illegally and compel them to 'prove' that they are innocent by passing a background check; to presume a citizen 'might' misuse a civil liberty does not warrant the state's restriction of that right.

And so, yes, background checks DO create an infringement on your rights, regardless of your perception to the contrary.

What do you suppose Madison, et al, would say if you told them that before you bought a gun, you'd have to get permission from the federal government?
Yes, I'm feeling really infringed while I shop for accessories while Cabella's is running a background check. Next time I buy a gun, I'll remember to stress out about that.
Your response indicates that you know you do not have a sound counter to the points I made.
As such, my points stand, regardless of your perception to the contrary.
:dunno:
No, it indicates I can't bring myself down to the fruitcake level. Most gun rights advocates, including the NRA are ok with measures to ensure only law abiders can buy guns from retailers.
No argument, except that background check can't serve that purpose for obvious reasons.

You are on the kook fringe who wants rapists and robbers to go into any store and buy a Glock. Good luck getting traction with that agenda.
Baseless accusation.

It's sad we even have to have this discussion. Anyone who endorses that ammo is not covered by the 2nd Amendment is a clear and present threat the Constitution of the United States

The Second does not cover ammo. Rather, it uses the right to bear arms (the first part) to justify the need for well-regulated militias (the second part).

The background of the Second involves a small continental army and militias that were already in place (including slave patrols). The government argued that it needed regulated militias to support that army against whites, invaders, slaves, and Native Americans. That's why details on regulations are seen in Art. 1 Sec. 8 and the Militia Acts. From what I remember, the latter refers to instructions for ammo, etc.

It's sad we even have to have this discussion. Anyone who endorses that ammo is not covered by the 2nd Amendment is a clear and present threat the Constitution of the United States

The Second does not cover ammo. Rather, it uses the right to bear arms (the first part) to justify the need for well-regulated militias (the second part).

The background of the Second involves a small continental army and militias that were already in place (including slave patrols). The government argued that it needed regulated militias to support that army against whites, invaders, slaves, and Native Americans. That's why details on regulations are seen in Art. 1 Sec. 8 and the Militia Acts. From what I remember, the latter refers to instructions for ammo, etc.
Army against whites? 2nd Amendment doesn't cover ammo?

Gump, are you stupid?

Does the 2A cover ammo?

I could really care less. When it comes to my rights I will decide what and what not applies. I was trained to disobey unlawful orders and we can just go ahead and add this one to the list.

-Geaux

There is no support whatsoever for this position.

Forum List

Back