Does Steinbrenner belong in the HOF?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Few can argue that he impacted the scope of the game. Does his contribution to baseball warrant Hall of Fame consideration?

Few can argue that he impacted the scope of the game. Does his contribution to baseball warrant Hall of Fame consideration?

I would think so, but isn't the requirement that he be out of baseball for five years?

Immie

Peter Gammons is in the HOF.

IMO that pretty much places the bar for non-players at ground level.

So yes.

Yes, you can like him and still think of him as "ground level".

I don't need to dislike somebody to not think they belong in the HOF.

Well it was the most logical assumption at that point. The guy knows baseball in and out, he delivers info and knowledge as good as anyone. He's the go-to guy for when you need to know what's going on around the league. what's missing?

Why don't you think he belongs?

Last edited:
Every ballplayer owes him a debt of gratitude. Without George bidding up the salaries they would be making half of what they do.

Every ballplayer owes him a debt of gratitude. Without George bidding up the salaries they would be making half of what they do.

For a chance to play in the Major Leagues, I will take half of what they make.

Although I would much prefer playing in the NFL.

Immie

He deserves to be in the HOF.

He is an icon and his contribution to the game of baseball is immeasurable. He set a high standard for excellence in arguable the most well known sports franchise on the planet. He had no qualms about paying whatever it took to make the team a winner. He made Yankees Stadium fun to visit even in the 1970's when you needed a Humvee to drive through certain sections of the Bronx.

I admired him. I loved him for being genuine. And as a Yankee fan and a New Yorker I am going to miss him.

I think Bob Sheppard went first just to announce to St Peter that the Boss was on his way.

Dave Parker also belongs in the HOF if for nothing else his performance in the 79 All Start Game when he set the standard, never surpassed, on how to play outfield, particularly right field.

Immie

Half of today's salaries?

I'd play for food money, and enjoy every fucking nanosecond of it.

Immie

Me too... but, I have heard that when you enter negotiations always start with numbers that are high so that when they bid you down you still get the salary you want. :eusa_shhh:

Immie

Immie

Me too... but, I have heard that when you enter negotiations always start with numbers that are high so that when they bid you down you still get the salary you want. :eusa_shhh:

Immie
Yo that's with ANY negotiation.

The problem in sports with salaries is less about any individual and more about the players unions.

You can take a cut in salary all you want, but the union, and by extension even some of your teammates, are going to end up resenting you for deviating from the precedent.

Immie
Yo that's with ANY negotiation.

The problem in sports with salaries is less about any individual and more about the players unions.

You can take a cut in salary all you want, but the union, and by extension even some of your teammates, are going to end up resenting you for deviating from the precedent.

You really want to know what I have to say to the union?

Can I get arrested for typing what I really think about unions? :evil:

Immie

Forum List

Back