Does self awareness come from atoms and molecules?

Youre reading this, so you believe you're self aware. Is that merely a by product of chemistry?
Maybe this belongs in Religion and Ethics? What else would it be the product of, if not chemistry?

So a carbon atom knows that it's different from other carbon atoms?
Carbon atoms are not self aware. They do how ever form molecules that form systems that become self aware.

That makes no sense.

Youre reading this, so you believe you're self aware. Is that merely a by product of chemistry?
Maybe this belongs in Religion and Ethics? What else would it be the product of, if not chemistry?

Carbon atoms are not self aware. They do how ever form molecules that form systems that become self aware.

That makes no sense.
And yet, it is a fact. A rational person would not then try to invent fake facts so suit his own preconceptions, but rather would come to terms with knowing jack shit about this and would then do research somewhere besides USMB.

That makes no sense.
And yet, it is a fact. A rational person would not then try to invent fake facts so suit his own preconceptions, but rather would come to terms with knowing jack shit about this and would then do research somewhere besides USMB.
Molecules held together are automatically self aware? Is a tree self aware? Is a rock?

That makes no sense.
you are pretty short on understanding,

That makes no sense.
you are pretty short on understanding,

One of us surely is.

"I think, therefore, I am" And at the moment I think Frank has gotten a hold of some very powerful and potentially stepped on weed.
This thread is just another variant of "God of the Gaps".
If he/we don't understand it, it must be god.
see ie, God of the gaps - RationalWiki

The same Idiotic 'reasoning' that produced the Fire, Lightning, Fertility, and 10,000 Other 'gods'.... UNTIL we undertsoood the natural phenomenon.

YAAAAWN.
`

Last edited:
"I think, therefore, I am" And at the moment I think Frank has gotten a hold of some very powerful and potentially stepped on weed.
This thread is just another variant of "God of the Gaps".
If he/we don't understand it, it must be god.
The same Idiotic 'reasoning' that producd the Fire, Lightning, Fertility, and 10,000 Other 'gods'.... UNTIL we undertsoood the natural phenomenon.

YAAAAWN.
`
Yeah, still not seeing where, when and how you showed where awareness comes from

Yeah, still not seeing where, when and how you showed where awareness comes from
I didn't claim to.
Nor do I have to.
You're just doing it again.

I said YOU are using god as an explanation for something we do NOT understand YET.
It does NOT follow that if you don't understand/understand yet, that it must be god.
(the false implication of this thread)
And that this 'reasoning'/justification for a god/dog has always failed in the past as 10,000 other natural explanations have been found.

You are TOO Stupid to debate.
`

Last edited:
I didn't claim to.
You're just doing it again STUPID.
I said YOU are using god as an explanation for something we do NOT understand YET.
And that this 'reasoning'/justification for a god/dog has always failed in the past as 10,000 other natural explanations have been found.

You are TOO Stupid to debate.
`

See, I never said that either. An alternative is that EVERYTHING is self aware, but we're only able to relate to a very tiny sampling based upon how we communicate that awareness

See, I never said that either. An alternative is that EVERYTHING is self aware, but we're only able to relate to a very tiny sampling based upon how we communicate that awareness
That IS the "implication" of this thread, and your repeated theme.. and yo Life.
That there is a supernatural force/god.

You did NOT have to elaborate.
And that implication/'reasoning is/remains Bogus.

Blo me/bye/gameover
`

Forum List

Back