Does religiosity undermine masculinity?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I wouldn't have though so myself, necessarily, but that's precisely an opinion I recently heard expressed... by a woman. According to her, men that are super religious are less manly.

Thoughts?

a man with a strong spiritual life is no less *manly*, whatever the fuck that means, than one who doesn't have one.

he may not feel the need to do all the macho bullshit, which i guess could be seen as less manly by someone.

*shrug*

I wouldn't have though so myself, necessarily, but that's precisely an opinion I recently heard expressed... by a woman. According to her, men that are super religious are less manly.

Thoughts?

I don't really see a correlation, but I wouldn't want a super religious guy.

• Banned

Thoughts?

I don't really see a correlation, but I wouldn't want a super religious guy.

They could be indirectly correlated due their respective correlations with gay dudes in the closet. :dunno:

"Manly", like "Beauty", is in the eye of the beholder. Doesn't matter how manly a man thinks he is, all it takes is one female laughing at his junk (or religion) to undermine that certainty.

I'd say your friend probably has a thing for men who treat her like a tramp.

Thoughts?

Manliness is not just manifested by erections and sexual exploits. Taking care of their responsiblities and their loved ones is the first demand made of men in full.

Thoughts?

Manliness is not just manifested by erections and sexual exploits. Taking care of their responsiblities and their loved ones is the first demand made of men in full.

There you go!

A 'manly' man is the guy who takes responsibility for his failures as well as his successes.

Only if he worships his big truck to compensate for his little.....

trucks.jpg

Thoughts?

Off the top my head, Ray Lewis is and Reggie White was a fairly religious fellow, i would say they are masculine enough. On the other hand, asshat atheists like Bill Maher and RDean, not so much ......

Thoughts?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GAfPLSmVjw&feature=related]The Power Team 9" Frying Pan Burrito - YouTube[/ame]

Tell it to this guy.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRsCZOm7v58]George Foreman - Thunder Fists Hears God - George Foreman's Testimony - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back