Does Politics Affect Your Friendships?

craner

Nov 15, 2012
NY State
I'm about as anti Obama as you will find but I have liberal friends who I argue with but would NEVER drop our friendship over political views. However some have dissed me. :lol:

What about you? Have you been dissed or would you end a friendship over politics?

its amazing ..they were all cursing each other out because someone posted how disability claims have skyrocketed since obama's been president, and of course the gullible libs said ''wtf is wrong with you, they're sick people, how's that obama's fault'' :uhoh3:

yeah, they actually believe that the disability claims were all legit , and had nothing at all to do with a lousy economy created by obama policy :uhoh3:

I have many friends on both sides of the aisle. We get along just fine...of course we're all adults and act that way so that certainly helps!:lol:

I'm about as anti Obama as you will find but I have liberal friends who I argue with but would NEVER drop our friendship over political views. However some have dissed me. :lol:

What about you? Have you been dissed or would you end a friendship over politics?

I don't hold differences in politics against my friends. Usually, I try to avoid the subject and focus on other things we have in common.

I did have friends unfriend me on Facebook and it wasn't because I bashed Obama, but because I supported Herman Cain. There is a thread here somewhere regarding a study that was done and determined that liberals are less tolerant. I totally find that to be true, based on my personal experience, anyway.

My son is dealing with an ultra liberal professor right now and she expects students to conclude that the right is bad and the left is always right. He says to pass tests, he puts the answers he knows she wants, though they aren't the right answers. Much of it is opinion, which should never be taught as fact and it's evident that many teachers seek to indoctrinate rather than teach.

I won't be mean to someone or stop being their friend just because they are completely benighted when it comes to politics. I can't even say I am right or left. With social issues, I don't agree on some things the far right does. When it comes to fiscal matters, I definitely lean right. When it comes to the government trampling on our freedom and liberty, I side with the Libertarians.

I can find something to agree on with just about anyone and find it sad that some can't keep me as a friend because I don't agree with them 100%. I find that extremely childish, but what can you do? Probably better off not having some people in your life anyway.

Last edited:

I have 3 children that disagree with both myself and my ex, their father. Can't let that cause problems. We just LOL and move on. Luckily there's much more we do have in common.

I have one friend who thinks he's Rush Limbaugh and EVERYTHING is politics...

of course more people try for disability in the SECOND Pub Great Depression. Just think what it would be like if UE and Welfare hadn't been extended. BTW, thanks for 3 1/2 yearsof mindless obstruction too, and the 24/7 fear mongering...

So far great answers from everyone! Jimmy...change the convo is something i've had to do with family members when it looked like it was getting too hot.....Clementine absolutely right, they arent worth having as friends anyway. Looks like we have some adults here.:clap2:

So far great answers from everyone! Jimmy...change the convo is something i've had to do with family members when it looked like it was getting too hot.....Clementine absolutely right, they arent worth having as friends anyway. Looks like we have some adults here.:clap2:
:clap2:

I have one friend who thinks he's Rush Limbaugh and EVERYTHING is politics...

of course more people try for disability in the SECOND Pub Great Depression. Just think what it would be like if UE and Welfare hadn't been extended. BTW, thanks for 3 1/2 yearsof mindless obstruction too, and the 24/7 fear mongering...

Franco thank God there was a GOP congress to obstruct!! I dont want to imagine this POS having total control! Wait a min...he did for 2 yrs and we got a health bill that had to be passed so we knew what was in it :lol: and a stimulus that stimulated public unions. Nah....I'll take some obstruction with this clown

Forum List

Back