Does our Country fall apart on Major Holidays?

In the Army, it's called the DA Form 6, the duty roster. It's based on a series of numbers assigned to soldiers on the roster, and it's how soldiers are assigned duties. It's as unbiased as you can get.

Soldiers who are stuck with duty on a holiday will offer to pay someone to pull the duty for them. It's a recognized practice, but even so, the soldier whose name is on the roster is ultimately responsible even if he or she got someone else to pull it for them.

Just a little dose or reality for those who don't know shit from shinola when it comes to how the military really works.

I beg to differ....it depends, several of my batt.s?...marrieds got lots of breaks, first ride back from the field, no advance parties etc etc..across 2 branches too.

The question I answered dealt with being assigned duty on holidays. It's subject to an IG inspection. No Top Stripe would risk getting in deep kimchi over that because you can't fudge the numbers without backing it up.

As for the things you mentioned, yeah, it existed but not as often as you would think. It was not a common standard. Then again, it depends on what type of unit you were assigned to and I suppose the time frame. When I was in, the saying was, "If the Army wanted you to have a wife, it would have issued you one."

Different times for different folks, I guess.

In the Army, it's called the DA Form 6, the duty roster. It's based on a series of numbers assigned to soldiers on the roster, and it's how soldiers are assigned duties. It's as unbiased as you can get.

Soldiers who are stuck with duty on a holiday will offer to pay someone to pull the duty for them. It's a recognized practice, but even so, the soldier whose name is on the roster is ultimately responsible even if he or she got someone else to pull it for them.

Just a little dose or reality for those who don't know shit from shinola when it comes to how the military really works.

And REAL Americans who refuse to move from neighborhoods that have been overrun with Mexicans are on the front lines for LIFE!

And REAL Americans who refuse to move from neighborhoods that have been overrun with Mexicans are on the front lines for LIFE!

The depth and breadth of your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

it's a shameful question by the op and a self-agrandizing one...ain't it bodey?

you know damned well the answer to this already. So why waste time asking it? Posters that have answered it got it correct.

Or is this just another mark of a troll?

well, tommy....tell us how many watches and duties you have stood on major holidays like christmas, 4th of july, new years, thanksgiving.....then we can talk about how valid my op is....okay?
Ten years worth...USAF

*next*

21 years...from Ensign SDO to Commander Wing CDO....next.

I beg to differ....it depends, several of my batt.s?...marrieds got lots of breaks, first ride back from the field, no advance parties etc etc..across 2 branches too.

The question I answered dealt with being assigned duty on holidays. It's subject to an IG inspection. No Top Stripe would risk getting in deep kimchi over that because you can't fudge the numbers without backing it up.

As for the things you mentioned, yeah, it existed but not as often as you would think. It was not a common standard. Then again, it depends on what type of unit you were assigned to and I suppose the time frame. When I was in, the saying was, "If the Army wanted you to have a wife, it would have issued you one."

Different times for different folks, I guess.

I hear you Toome it also depends on I think the era....I was in from 79-92.....back in the mid 80's they took a big shit about quality of life of the soldier, you know how it works, they had a fancy acronym for it too...they rebuilt the NCO club E club and commissary,loosened up rules about alcohol in the barracks.

No the top kick in each co. didn't say hey singles get the shaft but thats the way it worked out, not every married got off the hook but there was a not so subtle change...I was an 11b ( M, P,V) and a 311, so you know the deal there and the guard mounts and duty and all the BS attached to that. Hey I am not bitching the green mahcine is what it is...and at least for us thats the way it was...

That would be an interesting trick since the military doesn't even know who is gay and who isn't.

Nice troll post. I'm sure your parents are very proud of you.

Remember how most commands put single, unattached members on watch/duty during holidays? Out of that demographic, especially the older and more senior, the higher the percentage that are unmarried for a reason.....

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion unless you polled them individually.

I was in from 20-32, I wasn't married...neither were half the nco's I knew.

as I said, there's been quite a few major holidays where we've chuckled about a whole-gay watch team (or certainly a majority gay watch team).

you make it sound like the Love Boat.

Why would it be the Love Boat? Oh....you think we were being unprofessional on watch?

Forum List

Back