Does our Country fall apart on Major Holidays?

I'm sure the 3% or so that are gay aren't tasked any differently than the normal soldiers. DADT is still in effect.

I'm waiting to see how that special minority gets handled. I'm sure the first time one feels discriminated against they'll be suing their commanders.

I know that the legal aids at the Chicago Civic Center are off for the next two weeks so poor people that get in trouble are really screwed.

I also know the fully staffed pharmacy at Cook County's Stroger Hospital will not give out prescriptions on Lincoln's birthday. NO KIDDING!

It's a shameful question by the OP and a self-agrandizing one...ain't it Bodey?

You know damned well the answer to this already. So why waste time asking it? Posters that have answered it got it correct.

Or is this just another mark of a troll?

Just wondering because that's when a higher percentage of gay service people are standing duty while all the Hetero family members get the day(s) off.
If true, we are in serious danger...all those gay marines will throw flowers at any attackers!

:lol:

Just wondering because that's when a higher percentage of gay service people are standing duty while all the Hetero family members get the day(s) off.
If true, we are in serious danger...all those gay marines will throw flowers at any attackers!

:lol:

:eusa_shhh:

Attachments

• $hippies.jpg
    $hippies.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 38

and you know this how?

Family members less likely to get duty on major holidays...that falls to "single" folks...including those of us who have to portray ourselves as "single" because of possible repercussions.

There have been Christmas duties where I've looked around and everyone holding down the fort were people I knew were gay.

It's a shameful question by the OP and a self-agrandizing one...ain't it Bodey?

You know damned well the answer to this already. So why waste time asking it? Posters that have answered it got it correct.

Well, Tommy....tell us how many watches and duties YOU have stood on major holidays like Christmas, 4th of July, New Years, Thanksgiving.....then we can talk about how valid my OP is....okay?

it's a shameful question by the op and a self-agrandizing one...ain't it bodey?

you know damned well the answer to this already. So why waste time asking it? Posters that have answered it got it correct.

well, tommy....tell us how many watches and duties you have stood on major holidays like christmas, 4th of july, new years, thanksgiving.....then we can talk about how valid my op is....okay?
Ten years worth...USAF

*next*

In the Army, it's called the DA Form 6, the duty roster. It's based on a series of numbers assigned to soldiers on the roster, and it's how soldiers are assigned duties. It's as unbiased as you can get.

Soldiers who are stuck with duty on a holiday will offer to pay someone to pull the duty for them. It's a recognized practice, but even so, the soldier whose name is on the roster is ultimately responsible even if he or she got someone else to pull it for them.

Just a little dose or reality for those who don't know shit from shinola when it comes to how the military really works.

and you know this how?

Family members less likely to get duty on major holidays...that falls to "single" folks...including those of us who have to portray ourselves as "single" because of possible repercussions.

okay, I misunderstood and yes agree, that was my experience as well, every holiday miraculously married folks didn't have guard duty etc.

There have been Christmas duties where I've looked around and everyone holding down the fort were people I knew were gay.

uhmmm, how many people are you referring to?

if you were married you got a break, others? hetero or otherwise...dems was da breaks.

In the Army, it's called the DA Form 6, the duty roster. It's based on a series of numbers assigned to soldiers on the roster, and it's how soldiers are assigned duties. It's as unbiased as you can get.

Soldiers who are stuck with duty on a holiday will offer to pay someone to pull the duty for them. It's a recognized practice, but even so, the soldier whose name is on the roster is ultimately responsible even if he or she got someone else to pull it for them.

Just a little dose or reality for those who don't know shit from shinola when it comes to how the military really works.

I beg to differ....it depends, several of my batt.s?...marrieds got lots of breaks, first ride back from the field, no advance parties etc etc..across 2 branches too.

Last edited:

That would be an interesting trick since the military doesn't even know who is gay and who isn't.

Nice troll post. I'm sure your parents are very proud of you.

That would be an interesting trick since the military doesn't even know who is gay and who isn't.

Remember how most commands put single, unattached members on watch/duty during holidays? Out of that demographic, especially the older and more senior, the higher the percentage that are unmarried for a reason.....as I said, there's been quite a few major holidays where we've chuckled about a whole-gay watch team (or certainly a majority gay watch team).

It only falls apart if you let it fall apart. When you allow fear and stupidity to influence you, for instance allowing the TSA to grope your wife, then the country definitely falls apart.

Remember how most commands put single, unattached members on watch/duty during holidays? Out of that demographic, especially the older and more senior, the higher the percentage that are unmarried for a reason.....

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion unless you polled them individually.

I was in from 20-32, I wasn't married...neither were half the nco's I knew.

as I said, there's been quite a few major holidays where we've chuckled about a whole-gay watch team (or certainly a majority gay watch team).

you make it sound like the Love Boat.

Forum List

Back