Does Obama's blackness get him special deference?

I believe there is a lot of racism out there just beneath the surface. The Right can't seem to get passed the fact that Obama was legally elected with a majority of the popular vote and the electoral college.

Think of it! After all those safe, old white men- a Negro! Righties have had a hard time with that. All this false outrage and pseudo bravado (see Tea Parties) is all that resentment against civil rights leaders and civil libertarians bubbling to the surface.

Obama's "blackness" is a political cast on the foot of a sprinter. A cast placed there by the racist Right.
Do you know Lemon Jello?

:rofl:

But apparently that doesn't stop you from repeatedly hurling your silly allegations. :lol:
:lol: LOL, I said "if" anyone admitted to voting for Obama because he was black it was you, not rdean.

And you did say, "I know it's why I voted for him.":cuckoo:

Fine, play that game if you want to. :rofl:

We both know that you've accused me of it so many times that now I think it's funny to sarcastically allude to it.

You really are as disingenuous whore you know. No offense.
Accused you of what?

But apparently that doesn't stop you from repeatedly hurling your silly allegations. :lol:
:lol: LOL, I said "if" anyone admitted to voting for Obama because he was black it was you, not rdean.

And you did say, "I know it's why I voted for him.":cuckoo:

Fine, play that game if you want to. :rofl:

We both know that you've accused me of it so many times that now I think it's funny to sarcastically allude to it.

You really are as disingenuous whore you know. No offense.
Well?

:rolleyes:

Playing these games with you has long passed the tippingpoint Ravi. It's now considerably more boring than amusing.

However, I do still find it amusing to watch you play them with others.

Carry on.

:rolleyes:

Playing these games with you has long passed the tippingpoint Ravi. It's now considerably more boring than amusing.

However, I do still find it amusing to watch you play them with others.

Carry on.
Accused you of what? Why are you afraid to answer the question.

:lol:

Yep, you got me...

:scared1:

You've said to me at least a few times that people voted for Obama because he was black. And since you said it to me, knowing full well that I voted for him, and I am indeed "people," you were clearly implying that I too voted for him because he was black. When called on it, you backed off and denied any implication toward me specifically, but given the context we both know that is a crock of shit.

I don't think I ever claimed people voted for Obama because he was black. I'm sure there are some people that didn't vote for him because he is black.

Never accused you of voting for him because he was black. Never thought you did...until you stated so on this thread. Voting for someone because of their skin color is beyond retarded.

I didn't back off of anything...I actually thought you were accusing me of something else.

I can't help getting the feeling that a lot of his fellow democrats as well as media pundits are a little bit more reluctant to disagree with him and/or criticize him than they otherwise would be, simply because they fear nothing more than they fear being labeled a racist.

Am I stating the obvious here or am I off my rocker?

Discuss.
It's getting him death threats from wingnut racists.

I don't think I ever claimed people voted for Obama because he was black. I'm sure there are some people that didn't vote for him because he is black.

Never accused you of voting for him because he was black. Never thought you did...until you stated so on this thread. Voting for someone because of their skin color is beyond retarded.

I didn't back off of anything...I actually thought you were accusing me of something else.

OK Ravi,

You actually motivated me to search through the archies, something I almost never do, so for that you should feel a sense of accomplishment.

Technically, you didn't say people voted for Obama because he was black, however that's kind of like splitting hairs because you did say that Obama would never have won the presidency if he wasn't black. Link. I'm always amazed at your abililty to perform mental gymnastics and this is no exception. How you can say what you did say and then pretend your statement doesn't blatantly imply that people voted for him because he was black is beyond me. But regardless, I do feel a little bad about neg repping you over it and so I hereby authorize Gunny to remove the neg rep and restore whatever points were deducted.

Problem being is that you read things into what I post...if you don't understand my meaning, ask me to clarify.

I never once accused you of voting for Obama because he was black, let alone repeatedly as you stated up the thread, in fact I'm quite amazed to see you say you did.

I see it differently.

I see you cleverly wording things a particular way, knowing full well exactly what you are implying, but leaving yourself just enough wiggle room to claim that isn't what you meant. I know because sometimes I do it too. But I could work at for a lifetime and never come close to pulling it off as well as you do.

I believe it's what Gunny calls word games.

No, his being elected President of the United States should.
Obviously, Republicans don't see it that way.
You just admitted to voting for Obama only because he's Black didn't you?

Fuckin' racist! :evil:

No, he said that being elected President should give him special deference. Reading is fundamental.

I can't help getting the feeling that a lot of his fellow democrats as well as media pundits are a little bit more reluctant to disagree with him and/or criticize him than they otherwise would be, simply because they fear nothing more than they fear being labeled a racist.

Am I stating the obvious here or am I off my rocker?

Discuss.

He's BLACK?

OMG!

Forum List

Back