Does obama want to make cuts in Social Security?

He rammed through Obamacare, didn't he? He had to bribe some Senators to pass it.

Panels and recommendations from them are a trait of someone too weak to lead.

He didn't "Ram through" anything. He has no power over what legislation Congress enacts except to Veto it. Period.

He cut backroom deals with reluctant Senators. It was about his ego and his ego only.

He cut backroom deals with reluctant Senators. It was about his ego and his ego only.

That's interesting. What did he give them in return exactly? Dinner at the White House?

Cash for the Medicaid programs he was about to bankrupt in their states.

Obama doesn't give a rat's ass about any issue that doesn't burnish his prestige.

Social Security would be one of those.

Obama doesn't give a rat's ass about any issue that doesn't burnish his prestige.

That would be an interesting feat, since Congress approves or declines any additional State Medicaid funding.

That would be an interesting feat, since Congress approves or declines any additional State Medicaid funding.

Those meetings were with Congressional leaders and White House staff.

He rammed through Obamacare, didn't he? He had to bribe some Senators to pass it.

Panels and recommendations from them are a trait of someone too weak to lead.

He didn't "Ram through" anything. He has no power over what legislation Congress enacts except to Veto it. Period.

:eusa_boohoo:

shocked!!! Those poor helpless Senators.

:booze:

ego?

:bsflag:

Those meetings were with Congressional leaders and White House staff.
Does the Supreme Court know about these treasonous acts? :eek:

Obama publicly linked the defeat of Obamacare with ending Presidency.

Kind of funny that passing it actually ended his Presidency.

So, again, he cares not about issues unless his prestige is on the line.

Obama publicly linked the defeat of Obamacare with ending Presidency.

Kind of funny that passing it actually ended his Presidency.

So, again, he cares not about issues unless his prestige is on the line.

t's kind of stupid of him to even think like that wouldn't you say? Looks like he would have thought this through. If he's thinks passing obamacare would be the end of his presidency, looks like he would know it would also kill the democrats get them kicked out of power, bring in Conservative minded people, which would eventually repeal all of the legislation passed by obama. Kind of a waste of time an effort wouldn't you agree?

What I like is that the right-ish leaning posters realized that the OP was indefensible and therefore promptly changed the subject to health care.

What I like is that the right-ish leaning posters realized that the OP was indefensible and therefore promptly changed the subject to health care.

Whats indefensible is that democrats are hypocrites. They scream and cry that Republicans want to take away social security but we see who the true villians are.

Defend if you can

Whats indefensible is that democrats are hypocrites. They scream and cry that Republicans want to take away social security but we see who the true villains are. Defend if you can

When SS was started the average age was 63, and SS started at 65. Since then the average age is about 78 and SS is going broke. I applaud the Debt Commission's recommendations. Its better than doing nothing. My argument to retirees is that their benefits are not being cut, its just that the younger folks will need to work a few years more to keep SS solvent. Here is the big reason: to do nothing means that retiree SS benefits get cut 25% to keep it solvent.
I vote for the Debt Commission's option, instead of only getting 75% of my promised SS check.

Last edited:

Whats indefensible is that democrats are hypocrites. They scream and cry that Republicans want to take away social security but we see who the true villains are. Defend if you can

When SS was started the average age was 63, and SS started at 65. Since then the average age is about 78 and SS is going broke. I applaud the Debt Commission's recommendations. Its better tyhan doing nothing. My argument to retirees is that their benefits are not being cut, its just that the younger folks will need to work a few years more to keep SS solvent. Here is the big reason: to do nothing means that retiree SS benefits get cut 25% to keep it solvent.
I vote for the Debt Commission's option, instead of only getting 75% of my promised SS check.

OH so it's true the democrats are the ones wanting to take away someone Social Security?

Forum List

Back