Does Obama regret "coming out" in support of gay marriage?

Does Obama regret "coming out" about gay marriage?

• No, he's radical, and it's about time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He did? My head is so far up His butt I didn't hear it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I heard that he was not going to get some big buck donations
if he didn't come out (of the closet) so to speak...
After the announcement he gets the word that money from certain donors
will be released...

yep, that was the reason and to distract from his record. and also to give his lapdog media something to attack others with..

I heard that he was not going to get some big buck donations
if he didn't come out (of the closet) so to speak...
After the announcement he gets the word that money from certain donors
will be released...

yep, that was the reason and to distract from his record. and also to give his lapdog media something to attack others with..
And Romey supporters. Intimidation from the Narcissistic Community Organizing Shit Disturber that IS Obama that could give a tinker's DAMN about this Republic save for the AXE he has to grind against IT and it's people and has waged WAR against.

You didn't give us the option of "No, since the majority of Americans support it, it makes sense that the President would also".

Here's the thing; it's not that we support gay marriage. Saying that someone supports gay marriage is like saying that everyone should marry a gay person. What we support is the right of a gay person to marry another gay person if that is their choice. And no, if certain churches do not support this, they should not and cannot be forced to marry gay couples.

The question is "should people be eligible for certain government benefits just because they are shacking up with someone?" The answer is clearly "no." Those benefits exist solely for the protection of mothers and children, not so Adam and Steve and get government freebies.

Dirty secret......hispanics and blacks are overwhelmingly against allowing gay marriage. Take it up with them if you guys are pissed about it.

You're right. Prop 8 California--(a yes vote was against gay marriage)

On a stand-alone question, 47% were in favor of same-sex marriage, 48% were opposed and 5% were unsure.
85% of voters identifying themselves as evangelical or born-again Christians voted "yes".
Of non-evangelical Christians polled, 42% voted yes.
77% of Republicans in the poll voted yes.
65% of Democrats voted no.
85% of John McCain supporters voted yes.
30% of Barack Obama voters voted yes.
61% of Latinos voted yes.
57% of Latinos, Asians, and blacks combined voted yes.
62% of those without a college degree voted yes.

74% of those who voted yes on Prop 8 considered the outcome of the vote to be "very important", while 59% of those who voted no attached the same level of importance to the outcome.[115]--
California Proposition 8, the "Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry" Initiative (2008) - Ballotpedia

Obama really stepped into it on this issue.

Such wishful thinking.

You didn't give us the option of "No, since the majority of Americans support it, it makes sense that the President would also".
Really??

Every time homo marriage was put to a vote by the people it was rejected. :cool:

Yep, when talking to a pollster, a lot of people are afraid to admit they are opposed to the oxymoron called "gay marriage," but when they go into the privacy of the voting booth, then can express their true belief without any hostile smirks or scornful stares.

Here's the thing; it's not that we support gay marriage. Saying that someone supports gay marriage is like saying that everyone should marry a gay person. What we support is the right of a gay person to marry another gay person if that is their choice. And no, if certain churches do not support this, they should not and cannot be forced to marry gay couples.

The question is "should people be eligible for certain government benefits just because they are shacking up with someone?" The answer is clearly "no." Those benefits exist solely for the protection of mothers and children, not so Adam and Steve and get government freebies.

So...children-less marriages are illegal. Or motherless families don't exist.

Really??

Every time homo marriage was put to a vote by the people it was rejected. :cool:

Yep, when talking to a pollster, a lot of people are afraid to admit they are opposed to the oxymoron called "gay marriage," but when they go into the privacy of the voting booth, then can express their true belief without any hostile smirks or scornful stares.

And they did recently in North Carolina...NOW that state bears the brunt of SCORN from Statists...and thier own Governor who thinks they've gone "Mississippi"...:eusa_shifty:

N.C. Democratic Gov. Bemoans Same-Sex Marriage Ban: ‘We Look Like Mississippi’

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BwKGFb0PgI]ZZ Top - My Head's In Mississippi (Official Music Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Dirty secret......hispanics and blacks are overwhelmingly against allowing gay marriage. Take it up with them if you guys are pissed about it.

On a stand-alone question, 47% were in favor of same-sex marriage, 48% were opposed and 5% were unsure.
85% of voters identifying themselves as evangelical or born-again Christians voted "yes".

74% of those who voted yes on Prop 8 considered the outcome of the vote to be "very important", while 59% of those who voted no attached the same level of importance to the outcome.[115]--
California Proposition 8, the "Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry" Initiative (2008) - Ballotpedia

Such wishful thinking.

It's not wishful thinking it's wikipedia--- :cuckoo:

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.p...ry"_Initiative_(2008)#Who_voted_for_Prop_8.3F

Last edited:

You can't know beforehand that a marriage isn't going to bare fruit, that is, unless both parties are of the same sex. Then you can be certain of it.

Really??

And they did recently in North Carolina...NOW that state bears the brunt of SCORN from Statists...and thier own Governor who thinks they've gone "Mississippi"...:eusa_shifty:

N.C. Democratic Gov. Bemoans Same-Sex Marriage Ban: ‘We Look Like Mississippi’

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BwKGFb0PgI]ZZ Top - My Head's In Mississippi (Official Music Video) - YouTube[/ame]

It's definitely a BIG problem for all democrats right now. Especially in your typically red/purple/swing--states. Even in my state of Colorado both democrat senators came out in support of Obama's endorsement of gay marriage--and since they did--I imaging they're getting HAMMERED over it--because the state legislature has a civil union bill in front of it--that doesn't like it's going to pass. It just doesn't fly in this nation--especially when 30 STATES have already voted against gay marriage. Face it--if California a very liberal blue state voted against gay marriage--can you think of any other state where it would be approved by voters? Because I sure can't.

I imagine those 3 a.m. phone calls that Hillary Clinton was talking about are now coming from frantic Democrats running for reelection in 2012.

6a00d8341d417153ef01676675ac45970b-800wi

Last edited:
"NO"- because it's the right thing to do, the right side of HISTORY, hater/dupe/schmuck ugly "Merican Pubtools...LOL God will NOT be amused. People were never anti-gay until some a-holes figured out a way to get money and power out of HATE.

You can't know beforehand that a marriage isn't going to bare fruit, that is, unless both parties are of the same sex. Then you can be certain of it.

Just have a CIVIL Prenup signed and at the ready if it doesn't work out...:eusa_shifty:

"NO"- because it's the right thing to do, the right side of HISTORY, hater/dupe/schmuck ugly "Merican Pubtools...LOL God will NOT be amused. People were never anti-gay until some a-holes figured out a way to get money and power out of HATE.

People have been anti-gay since at least the times the Bible was written. Peaceful Muslims in the ME stone them to death. In fact, America is probably one of the more tolerant nations on Earth towards gays, along with places like Canada, Denmark, etc, I'd guess.

You lefties dont get the point. No one "hates" gays, they just dont want the traditional marriage changed.

Hell, I dont hate blacks, some of my dearest friends from college sports and my last job are black. But.........I dont think they should have all-black colleges and beauty pageants.

People have been anti-gay since at least the times the Bible was written. Peaceful Muslims in the ME stone them to death. In fact, America is probably one of the more tolerant nations on Earth towards gays, along with places like Canada, Denmark, etc, I'd guess.

You lefties dont get the point. No one "hates" gays, they just dont want the traditional marriage changed.

Hell, I dont hate blacks, some of my dearest friends from college sports and my last job are black. But.........I dont think they should have all-black colleges and beauty pageants.

Ah, one of those "You gays should be thankful we don't stone you like the Muslims do" posts.

Such wishful thinking.

It's not wishful thinking it's wikipedia--- :cuckoo:

"ballotpedia" isn't "wikipedia".

Ah, one of those "You gays should be thankful we don't stone you like the Muslims do" posts.

:cuckoo: Good grief. So much for having intelligent discussion. You would think my pointing out that hatred towards gays has been going on for centuries, and my belief that (of course) it is as wrong as hatred and violence towards ANY innnocent human......would be a good thing. But your rage and obsession can't let you think clearly.

So...

NO I dont think stoning gays is a good thing. In fact, its one reason I so strongly oppose any sympathy towards Islam until that faith cleans out it's radical element.

NO I dont believe ANY violence or threats towards a gay person should be tolerated, just like any other person.

See, unlike yourself and many others, I personally dont see you or any other gay person as being any different than the rest of us. I personally HATE social subgroups based on race, sexual preference, etc. We're all just 300 million different humans, thats it.

That may seem hard to grasp to you, but you'll find you have more in common with me than you think: Neither of us want a penis inside us:lol:

I just dont see the big deal. Move in together. Get rings for each other. Pledge your loyalties, hire a priest, have a party. To hell with any govt that wont recognize your marriage. If you and your partner recognize it.......then does anything else really matter???????????????????

I just laugh that this petty issue is gonna defeat Obama!

I think the Obama people really are afraid of Romney. Romney doesn't come off as a crazy war-monger like McCain did, which drove away sane voters. So, the Obama people are throwing this faggot marriage as a hail mary pass to really energize the hardcore left.

Forum List

Back