Does Obama regret "coming out" in support of gay marriage?

Does Obama regret "coming out" about gay marriage?

• No, he's radical, and it's about time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He did? My head is so far up His butt I didn't hear it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So far, I see Lefties/Democrats applauding what Obama did.

And I see Righties/Republicans condemning it, making fun of it, saying Obama regrets it.

Who seems the more butt hurt....?

Well...as of the minute of this post, the first page of Politics holds 3 threads on Obama's support of gay marriage....all started by known Righties...all whining.

Who seems the more butt hurt...?

Oh we aren't hurt. Hell, honestly I couldn't give two shits if two carpet lickers wanna get married.

I ONLY CARE that the radical fucking closet communist may have just cost himself the election on this issue. I dont care that much about the issue, just the way it affects the election.

Funny that a gay marriage advocate would accuse the opposition of "whining" on the topic. Gays have been whining about this shit for decades. Slap a ring on each others fingers, get a dude to dress in a preist outfit, throw a party and call yourselves married. No govt will recognize it, but the two of them will and isn't that all that matters? After all, with Obamacare, there is no longer a need to get one onto the other's health insurance through marriage.

And thats why it was worded like that. 50%+ of people in over 50%+ of states rejected it. Most are opposed.
More than half the people who voted in more than half the states doesn't equal "most Americans".

Feel free to do the math, but 25% of Americans live somewhere where same-sex marriage is legal, and that percentage is going nowhere but up.

And that means 75% live somewhere where it isn't. Which means 75% of people live in an area where 50%+ (at minimum) rejected gay marriage.

Add to it our nations most populous state, California, where the voters said NO, but the liberal judges overruled democracy and said yes.

You're simply wrong. Behind the curtain, when voting, over 50% of Americans have, or would, reject allowing gay marriage.

America still has a strong traditional soul somewhere, and the nuclear family is a strong part of that. That doesn't make one a bigot, or hate gays. It just means we believe marriage is for a man and a woman. And some people, me included, thinks marriage in human society in part serves as a function to keep men from spreading their seed so often that population explodes beyond control. IN PART meant to do that, among other things. A gay couple has no need to worry about that. And thats partly a religious ideal. But it's something I believe somewhere in human history some religious leaders or govt leaders thought "HEy, we can stop all these men from knocking up all these women if we encourage marriage".

Anyway, just my 2 cents. But MOST Americans agree it shouldn't be recognized.

What is the voting trend, Buc? Take a look at how many Californians voted to keep gays from marrying in Prop 22. Then take a look at how many Californians voted to take marriage away from gay citizens in Prop H8? With that trend, what do you think the chances are if it gets voted on again?

And I see Righties/Republicans condemning it, making fun of it, saying Obama regrets it.

Well...as of the minute of this post, the first page of Politics holds 3 threads on Obama's support of gay marriage....all started by known Righties...all whining.

Oh we aren't hurt. Hell, honestly I couldn't give two shits if two carpet lickers wanna get married.

I ONLY CARE that the radical fucking closet communist may have just cost himself the election on this issue. I dont care that much about the issue, just the way it affects the election.

Funny that a gay marriage advocate would accuse the opposition of "whining" on the topic. Gays have been whining about this shit for decades. Slap a ring on each others fingers, get a dude to dress in a preist outfit, throw a party and call yourselves married. No govt will recognize it, but the two of them will and isn't that all that matters? After all, with Obamacare, there is no longer a need to get one onto the other's health insurance through marriage.

Which, of course, is why you started this thread....because you don't care.

:lol::lol::lol:

More than half the people who voted in more than half the states doesn't equal "most Americans".

Feel free to do the math, but 25% of Americans live somewhere where same-sex marriage is legal, and that percentage is going nowhere but up.

And that means 75% live somewhere where it isn't. Which means 75% of people live in an area where 50%+ (at minimum) rejected gay marriage.

Add to it our nations most populous state, California, where the voters said NO, but the liberal judges overruled democracy and said yes.

You're simply wrong. Behind the curtain, when voting, over 50% of Americans have, or would, reject allowing gay marriage.

America still has a strong traditional soul somewhere, and the nuclear family is a strong part of that. That doesn't make one a bigot, or hate gays. It just means we believe marriage is for a man and a woman. And some people, me included, thinks marriage in human society in part serves as a function to keep men from spreading their seed so often that population explodes beyond control. IN PART meant to do that, among other things. A gay couple has no need to worry about that. And thats partly a religious ideal. But it's something I believe somewhere in human history some religious leaders or govt leaders thought "HEy, we can stop all these men from knocking up all these women if we encourage marriage".

You've provided no evidence to show that.

More than 50% of Americans have NOT voted on Gay Marriage at all.

Well, in 30+ states over 50% of voters have. And since I'd suspect the pro GM crowd would be FAR more motivated to show up at the polls, but still lost, I'd guess the numbers of anti GM who didn't show up are pretty big.

If the majority of people wanted it, we'd have it. We don't. For the same reasons weed is still illegal, because most people would say no.

Which, of course, is why you started this thread....because you don't care.

:lol::lol::lol:

C'mon Butch, you gotta pay closer attention and read. I DO CARE, just not about the gay marriage issue. I care about Obama losing. And THIS ISSUE that he and Biden brought on themselves may cost them big time. It may be the incident that jumpstarts the momentum that sweeps them out of office.

But honestly, I couldn't give two shits about the GM issue. Marriage is a man-made concept, and IMO has no bearing on whether I go to heaven/hell, or to serve as a measurement on the morality of my life. Go ahead, let 'em marry each other. But most people will vote against it.

I do care, however, VERY MUCH about Obama losing. And this may be what does it. Latest polls have Romney up quite a bit.

And thats why it was worded like that. 50%+ of people in over 50%+ of states rejected it. Most are opposed.

If an anti-gay-marriage state ballot initiative gets 35% of adults voting for it, and just over half of those vote to ban gay marriage, then what you know is that approximately 18% of the adults in the state oppose gay marriage.

You don't know much about the 65% who didn't show up to vote.

82% of the adults in the state could be essentially okay with gay marriage but not have a strong enough opinion about it to interrupt their daily business to go vote on it.

You've provided no evidence to show that.

More than 50% of Americans have NOT voted on Gay Marriage at all.

Well, in 30+ states over 50% of voters have. And since I'd suspect the pro GM crowd would be FAR more motivated to show up at the polls, but still lost, I'd guess the numbers of anti GM who didn't show up are pretty big.

If the majority of people wanted it, we'd have it. We don't. For the same reasons weed is still illegal, because most people would say no.

My guess is that the anti-GM voters tend to be more motivated to show up at the polls.

If Obama had a time machine, would he go back and make Biden STFU, or even decide to not come out about gay marriage himself? This could be the turning point of this campaign, where the moderates finally leave Team Obama for good. They have been growing tired of the radical social issues with race, gender, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc, etc. This may have broken the stone wide open.

article-2143889-13131077000005DC-851_634x856.jpg

This came out of the MSM--so don't blame me. The FACT remains that this nation does not support gay marriage. Supposedly the Obama reelection campaign found some poll that suggested that Americans supported gay marriage--when in fact--nothing could be farther from the truth.---:cuckoo::cuckoo:--and or Obama chewed off his leg to back Joe Biden's big mouth.

California Prop 8---2008 (A yes vote was against gay marriage.)
On a stand-alone question, 47% were in favor of same-sex marriage, 48% were opposed and 5% were unsure.
85% of voters identifying themselves as evangelical or born-again Christians voted "yes".
Of non-evangelical Christians polled, 42% voted yes.
77% of Republicans in the poll voted yes.
65% of Democrats voted no.
85% of John McCain supporters voted yes.
30% of Barack Obama voters voted yes.
61% of Latinos voted yes.
57% of Latinos, Asians, and blacks combined voted yes.
62% of those without a college degree voted yes.

74% of those who voted yes on Prop 8 considered the outcome of the vote to be "very important", while 59% of those who voted no attached the same level of importance to the outcome.[115]--A yes vote was against gay marriage.
California Proposition 8, the "Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry" Initiative (2008) - Ballotpedia
http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.p...ry"_Initiative_(2008)#Who_voted_for_Prop_8.3F

North Carolina Last week
As expected, North Carolinians voted in large numbers on Tuesday for an amendment that would ban same-sex marriages, partnerships and civil unions, becoming the 30th state in the country and the last in the South to include a prohibition on gay marriage in the state constitution.

About half a million people voted early, a record for a primary in the state, and turnout on Tuesday was unusually high as well. The amendment, which passed by a margin of more than 20 percentage points, was on the ballot along with other party primary races, some of which were closely contested.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/09/us/north-carolina-voters-pass-same-sex-marriage-ban.html?_r=1

Colorado--Last week
Lawmakers kicked off a special legislative session today with a rally in favor of civil unions but also with low expectations that the outcome would be any different than last week."Given the games and the lengths the speaker went to on Tuesday night to kill civil unions, I don't have high hopes for today," said House Minority Leader Mark Ferrandino, D-Denver.
McNulty moves Colorado civil unions bill to "kill" committee - The Denver Post

It's clear that there is no support in this country for gay marriage.

Last edited:

What is the voting trend, Buc? Take a look at how many Californians voted to keep gays from marrying in Prop 22. Then take a look at how many Californians voted to take marriage away from gay citizens in Prop H8? With that trend, what do you think the chances are if it gets voted on again?

I dont know, I dont keep up with it. I dont care if gays and butches marry. I care that Obama loses.

You're probably right, as you are far more obsessive on this topic than me, I"m sure for good reasons. If it's trending towards gay marriage, yeah, eventually it'll probably be legal. Again, dont give a crap.

I care that Obama loses. And THIS TOPIC happens to be the one costing him badly right now.

But you seem to think for some reason I do care about the GM issue. You may forget, I'm a former cop, I saw the worst in humanity, so all I judge people on mostly is are they good or bad for society. All the gay people I've ever met are wonderful people. Most of the evil shitheads who kill, rob, rape have been (as far as I know) straight. I truly dont care. I DO CARE THAT OBAMA LOSES. This may be the issue to beat him. If so, so be it. He is dangerous for our country.

Dirty secret......hispanics and blacks are overwhelmingly against allowing gay marriage. Take it up with them if you guys are pissed about it.

It's gonna bight him on the ass... been on the ballot 32 times, been shot down 32 times.

It isn't supported by most Americans, and frankly, I think most people would be more interested in hearing about his plans for dealing with inflation, $16,000,000,000,000 debt, massive deficits, failed bailouts, 45,000,000+ unemployed, tanking markets, slow to no growth, housing markets still off, etc.

that's why he'd rather distract with stuff like marriage..as if that is what is on the peoples minds today

The BLOW-BACK continues: Even coming from the black community.

BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Just days after President Barack Obama announced his support for same-sex marriage, pastors and priests around Maryland took to their own pulpits with their reaction– and in some cases– condemnation of the president.

Derek Valcourt explains the president’s comments have folks on both sides of the issue fired up.

Both sides hope the president’s position helps sway votes in their favor when the issue hits Maryland’s ballot this November.

“I think same-sex couples should be able to get married,” Obama said.

When Obama announced that his position on same-sex marriage had evolved, it outraged some African-American pastors like Pastor and Del. Emmett Burns.

“He has said to his base, African-Americans, ‘I am going against your beliefs and your thoughts,’” Burns said.

He’s so opposed to same-sex marriage, he told church members he will no longer support the president and now predicts Obama will lose the election because of it.

He and many other leaders are pouring their energies into gathering the signatures needed to put Maryland’s same-sex marriage law on the November ballot.

“I think it might be a call to action for people to really express what they believe,” Father Erik Arnold of Our Lady of Perpetual Help said.

In Maryland, some of the strongest opposition to the law has come from the black community– about 30 percent of the population. Some African-American religious leaders are preaching about it

“God said in every home, there needs to be a representation of his glory through manhood and femininity,” Pastor Harry Jackson, Hope Christian Church in Beltsville, said.

“To me, this is an issue of the separation of church and state,” Pastor Delman Coates, Enon Baptist Church in Clinton, said.

Coates is one of the few black pastors who supports the current law.

“We should not allow our subjective theological understandings prevent other citizens of this country from having equal rights,” he said.

So far, voters in 30 states have rejected same-sex marriage

The president’s announcement that he supports same-sex marriage came just one day after voters in North Carolina banned same-sex unions.

African-American Church Leaders Condemn Obama For Gay Marriage Support « CBS Baltimore

Last edited:
It's gonna bight him on the ass... been on the ballot 32 times, been shot down 32 times.

It isn't supported by most Americans, and frankly, I think most people would be more interested in hearing about his plans for dealing with inflation, $16,000,000,000,000 debt, massive deficits, failed bailouts, 45,000,000+ unemployed, tanking markets, slow to no growth, housing markets still off, etc.

that's why he'd rather distract with stuff like marriage..as if that is what is on the peoples minds today

The BLOW-BACK continues: Even coming from the black community.

BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Just days after President Barack Obama announced his support for same-sex marriage, pastors and priests around Maryland took to their own pulpits with their reaction– and in some cases– condemnation of the president.

Derek Valcourt explains the president’s comments have folks on both sides of the issue fired up.

Both sides hope the president’s position helps sway votes in their favor when the issue hits Maryland’s ballot this November.

“I think same-sex couples should be able to get married,” Obama said.

When Obama announced that his position on same-sex marriage had evolved, it outraged some African-American pastors like Pastor and Del. Emmett Burns.

“He has said to his base, African-Americans, ‘I am going against your beliefs and your thoughts,’” Burns said.

He’s so opposed to same-sex marriage, he told church members he will no longer support the president and now predicts Obama will lose the election because of it.

He and many other leaders are pouring their energies into gathering the signatures needed to put Maryland’s same-sex marriage law on the November ballot.

“I think it might be a call to action for people to really express what they believe,” Father Erik Arnold of Our Lady of Perpetual Help said.

In Maryland, some of the strongest opposition to the law has come from the black community– about 30 percent of the population. Some African-American religious leaders are preaching about it

“God said in every home, there needs to be a representation of his glory through manhood and femininity,” Pastor Harry Jackson, Hope Christian Church in Beltsville, said.

“To me, this is an issue of the separation of church and state,” Pastor Delman Coates, Enon Baptist Church in Clinton, said.

Coates is one of the few black pastors who supports the current law.

“We should not allow our subjective theological understandings prevent other citizens of this country from having equal rights,” he said.

So far, voters in 30 states have rejected same-sex marriage

The president’s announcement that he supports same-sex marriage came just one day after voters in North Carolina banned same-sex unions.

African-American Church Leaders Condemn Obama For Gay Marriage Support « CBS Baltimore

Meh....bummer.

Dirty secret......hispanics and blacks are overwhelmingly against allowing gay marriage. Take it up with them if you guys are pissed about it.

You're right. Prop 8 California--(a yes vote was against gay marriage)

On a stand-alone question, 47% were in favor of same-sex marriage, 48% were opposed and 5% were unsure.
85% of voters identifying themselves as evangelical or born-again Christians voted "yes".
Of non-evangelical Christians polled, 42% voted yes.
77% of Republicans in the poll voted yes.
65% of Democrats voted no.
85% of John McCain supporters voted yes.
30% of Barack Obama voters voted yes.
61% of Latinos voted yes.
57% of Latinos, Asians, and blacks combined voted yes.
62% of those without a college degree voted yes.

74% of those who voted yes on Prop 8 considered the outcome of the vote to be "very important", while 59% of those who voted no attached the same level of importance to the outcome.[115]--
California Proposition 8, the "Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry" Initiative (2008) - Ballotpedia

Obama really stepped into it on this issue.

With in 24hrs after Obama evolved in public on the Gay marriage issue.

Both Vasoline and KY stock doubled in anticipation of future sales.

True story :cool:

It's fantastic how Obama's comments have brought the cockroaches out into the open.
OK, you were out in the open already.

cockroaches? what's up with that?
Bodecea is just upset because she didn't think to run out and Vasoline and KY stock as soon as Obama made his evolving public. :eusa_angel:

I heard that he was not going to get some big buck donations
if he didn't come out (of the closet) so to speak...
After the announcement he gets the word that money from certain donors
will be released...

Can't vote IN the poll...missing two options:

"None of the above or OTHER..."

-OR-....

"NO...And he doesn't give a shit as long as people come off thier wallets and donate to his Narcissism..."

Sorry OP.

Good thread otherwise.

Forum List

Back