Does Obama regret "coming out" in support of gay marriage?

Does Obama regret "coming out" about gay marriage?

• No, he's radical, and it's about time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He did? My head is so far up His butt I didn't hear it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
If Obama had a time machine, would he go back and make Biden STFU, or even decide to not come out about gay marriage himself? This could be the turning point of this campaign, where the moderates finally leave Team Obama for good. They have been growing tired of the radical social issues with race, gender, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc, etc. This may have broken the stone wide open.

If Obama had a time machine, would he go back and make Biden STFU, or even decide to not come out about gay marriage himself? This could be the turning point of this campaign, where the moderates finally leave Team Obama for good. They have been growing tired of the radical social issues with race, gender, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc, etc. This may have broken the stone wide open.

I think this is absolutely fantastic. Comments by the Far Right, comments from people like you on message boards like this make it clear that there are still those willing and eager to relegate gay citizens to the Second-class Citizen catagory.

He's basically called all your bluffs. And opened that can of nasty homophobia up so that Americans the used to think this was a non-issue can see all the ugliness out in the open.

Good for him. :clap2:

Obama had to throw the far left a bone. Yes, he regrets it already. See how many follow up comments Biden is allowed to make in the next couple of weeks.

You didn't give us the option of "No, since the majority of Americans support it, it makes sense that the President would also".

Here's the thing; it's not that we support gay marriage. Saying that someone supports gay marriage is like saying that everyone should marry a gay person. What we support is the right of a gay person to marry another gay person if that is their choice. And no, if certain churches do not support this, they should not and cannot be forced to marry gay couples.

You didn't give us the option of "No, since the majority of Americans support it, it makes sense that the President would also".
Really??

Every time homo marriage was put to a vote by the people it was rejected. :cool:

And thats why it was worded like that. 50%+ of people in over 50%+ of states rejected it. Most are opposed.

I think this is absolutely fantastic. Comments by the Far Right, comments from people like you on message boards like this make it clear that there are still those willing and eager to relegate gay citizens to the Second-class Citizen catagory.

He's basically called all your bluffs. And opened that can of nasty homophobia up so that Americans the used to think this was a non-issue can see all the ugliness out in the open.

Good for him. :clap2:

Show me where I said anything deragatory towards gays? You are too emotional, calm down.

It's gonna bight him on the ass... been on the ballot 32 times, been shot down 32 times.

It isn't supported by most Americans, and frankly, I think most people would be more interested in hearing about his plans for dealing with inflation, $16,000,000,000,000 debt, massive deficits, failed bailouts, 45,000,000+ unemployed, tanking markets, slow to no growth, housing markets still off, etc.

I bet he regrets tapping Joe Biden for VP? Barry Hussein could have dodged the issue for another year if Joe hadn't stuck his foot in his mouth as usual. We had to watch the president "evolve" on the issue and it wasn't pretty. Can you spell "backlash"?

Boys, dont forget liberal math:

In 30+ states, over 50% of people said NO to gay marriage. We have 50 states (not 57).

So, in most states, most peope said no. Thats a majority.

BUT...in LiberalLand, if the cause feels too good to deny, then "most" people would be defined as, well, the total number who support it. Even if that number is smaller than those that oppose it, it is still defined as "most people" because, well, it just is, this is LiberalLand, and "just because" is an acceptable explanation for a lot of shit.

Really??

Every time homo marriage was put to a vote by the people it was rejected. :cool:

And thats why it was worded like that. 50%+ of people in over 50%+ of states rejected it. Most are opposed.
More than half the people who voted in more than half the states doesn't equal "most Americans".

Feel free to do the math, but 25% of Americans live somewhere where same-sex marriage is legal, and that percentage is going nowhere but up.

It's gonna bight him on the ass... been on the ballot 32 times, been shot down 32 times.

It isn't supported by most Americans, and frankly, I think most people would be more interested in hearing about his plans for dealing with inflation, $16,000,000,000,000 debt, massive deficits, failed bailouts, 45,000,000+ unemployed, tanking markets, slow to no growth, housing markets still off, etc.

that's why he'd rather distract with stuff like marriage..as if that is what is on the peoples minds today

So far, I see Lefties/Democrats applauding what Obama did.

And I see Righties/Republicans condemning it, making fun of it, saying Obama regrets it.

Who seems the more butt hurt....?

Well...as of the minute of this post, the first page of Politics holds 3 threads on Obama's support of gay marriage....all started by known Righties...all whining.

Who seems the more butt hurt...?

Really??

More than half the people who voted in more than half the states doesn't equal "most Americans".

Feel free to do the math, but 25% of Americans live somewhere where same-sex marriage is legal, and that percentage is going nowhere but up.

And that means 75% live somewhere where it isn't. Which means 75% of people live in an area where 50%+ (at minimum) rejected gay marriage.

Add to it our nations most populous state, California, where the voters said NO, but the liberal judges overruled democracy and said yes.

You're simply wrong. Behind the curtain, when voting, over 50% of Americans have, or would, reject allowing gay marriage.

America still has a strong traditional soul somewhere, and the nuclear family is a strong part of that. That doesn't make one a bigot, or hate gays. It just means we believe marriage is for a man and a woman. And some people, me included, thinks marriage in human society in part serves as a function to keep men from spreading their seed so often that population explodes beyond control. IN PART meant to do that, among other things. A gay couple has no need to worry about that. And thats partly a religious ideal. But it's something I believe somewhere in human history some religious leaders or govt leaders thought "HEy, we can stop all these men from knocking up all these women if we encourage marriage".

Anyway, just my 2 cents. But MOST Americans agree it shouldn't be recognized.

And that means 75% live somewhere where it isn't. Which means 75% of people live in an area where 50%+ (at minimum) rejected gay marriage.

Add to it our nations most populous state, California, where the voters said NO, but the liberal judges overruled democracy and said yes.

You're simply wrong. Behind the curtain, when voting, over 50% of Americans have, or would, reject allowing gay marriage.

America still has a strong traditional soul somewhere, and the nuclear family is a strong part of that. That doesn't make one a bigot, or hate gays. It just means we believe marriage is for a man and a woman. And some people, me included, thinks marriage in human society in part serves as a function to keep men from spreading their seed so often that population explodes beyond control. IN PART meant to do that, among other things. A gay couple has no need to worry about that. And thats partly a religious ideal. But it's something I believe somewhere in human history some religious leaders or govt leaders thought "HEy, we can stop all these men from knocking up all these women if we encourage marriage".

Anyway, just my 2 cents. But MOST Americans agree it shouldn't be recognized.

You've provided no evidence to show that.

More than 50% of Americans have NOT voted on Gay Marriage at all.

So far, I see Lefties/Democrats applauding what Obama did.

And I see Righties/Republicans condemning it, making fun of it, saying Obama regrets it.

Who seems the more butt hurt....?

Well...as of the minute of this post, the first page of Politics holds 3 threads on Obama's support of gay marriage....all started by known Righties...all whining.

Who seems the more butt hurt...?

And how many more does not care?

Forum List

Back