Does Obama Have the Mideast All Wrong?

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
http://www.newsweek.com/us-diplomats-urge-obama-target-assads-forces-syria-471443

First a disclaimer: I don't have strong feelings toward direct American military involvement in Syria's troubles and I have oft stated I am in favor of arming all sides of that conflict with enough bows & arrows - with some, like the Kurds, getting heavier weapons - to facilitate their desert war until they run out of steam or rabid dogs.

Now comes this State Dept bombshell in which 51 diplomats - people who owe their jobs (and perhaps careers) to Obama - openly differ with his policy.

Surely they have access to the kind of sensitive and often boring info that would allow them to make informed decisions and recommendations but what would motivate them to speak publicly? Certainly not their own best interests as neither Hillary nor Trump would retain people who are willing to shove a sitting President's nose in camel-crap.

One could argue they don't have the big picture that is our global policy or even that their conclusions are misguided but their concern seems to be both informed and genuine ... unlike those here who depend on PressTV and Veterans Today for their news and "facts."

Obama has created this "crisis" in the middle east by overthrowing our allies in favor of the radical Muslim Brotherhood. Then takes advantage of the crisis to invade America with radical Islam. It is the change you voted for, that we are all paying for.....

Obama has created this "crisis" in the middle east by overthrowing our allies in favor of the radical Muslim Brotherhood. Then takes advantage of the crisis to invade America with radical Islam. It is the change you voted for, that we are all paying for.....

I think (perhaps wishful thinking) that you are over stating Obama's affinity for the MB?

Democrats are the biggest fuckups when it comes to foreign policy. It's obvious that Obama inside his heart dislikes what capitalist America stands for and blames it for oppressing its own people as well as weaker nations of the world, which is why the first thing he did was to apologize to Muslims for America's "sins" of the past. Since that apology the Middle East has been on fire, and the world has witnessed the rise of ISIS and Islamic terrorist groups like never before. While America and the West have suffered terrorist attack after terrorist attack in the last 7.5 years. Not to mention our ratio ship with Russia and many critical countries has deteriorated dramatically, and we've turned our back on many of our allies.

To be honest it's hard to believe that Americans are so gullible to even consider Hillary Clinton as a viable cadidate after her disastrous record as Secretary of State....her lying to the American people about the cause of Ben Gahazi, corruption with the Clinton Foundation, and breach of trust and endangering our national security by having a private server and then destroying 38,000 emails so that the truth doesn't get out.

Normally, somebody like this should be behind bars for at least 50 years, but the president who is as corrupt and deceitful as she is, and the leftist controlled media which is a propaganda arm of the Democrat party are doing an amazing job promoting a criminal named Hillary Clinton to the presidency.

Last edited:

I think (perhaps wishful thinking) that you are over stating Obama's affinity for the MB?

His advisors are Muslim Brotherhood, because remember, the event planner hadn't a clue about foreign policy. So he picks as his advisors, known Muslim terrorists. Then at their behest, overthrew Egypt's (our ally) government and put the Brotherhood in place. The Muslim Brotherhood is considered a terrorist organization that is so bad, it was barred in Egyptian politics for good reason.
Obama funded ISIS to overthrow another government. I believe our Libyan Ambassador, Stevens, knew that and did not agree that it was a good plan.
Obama has created this mess. He IS radical Islam, and he means to bring it here. Hillary will finish the job on his behalf.

His advisors are Muslim Brotherhood, because remember, the event planner hadn't a clue about foreign policy. So he picks as his advisors, known Muslim terrorists. Then at their behest, overthrew Egypt's (our ally) government and put the Brotherhood in place. The Muslim Brotherhood is considered a terrorist organization that is so bad, it was barred in Egyptian politics for good reason.
Obama funded ISIS to overthrow another government. I believe our Libyan Ambassador, Stevens, knew that and did not agree that it was a good plan.
Obama has created this mess. He IS radical Islam, and he means to bring it here. Hillary will finish the job on his behalf.
According to Islam, if your father was a Muslim, then by default you are as well. Does anybody doubt that this is the reason Obama defends Islam so passionately?

According to Islam, if your father was a Muslim, then by default you are as well. Does anybody doubt that this is the reason Obama defends Islam so passionately?

I am not sure

If he has a 51% approval rating like the lying media says, then 1/2 the people in this country think Muslim is the way to go.

:cuckoo:

http://www.newsweek.com/us-diplomats-urge-obama-target-assads-forces-syria-471443

First a disclaimer: I don't have strong feelings toward direct American military involvement in Syria's troubles and I have oft stated I am in favor of arming all sides of that conflict with enough bows & arrows - with some, like the Kurds, getting heavier weapons - to facilitate their desert war until they run out of steam or rabid dogs.

Now comes this State Dept bombshell in which 51 diplomats - people who owe their jobs (and perhaps careers) to Obama - openly differ with his policy.

Surely they have access to the kind of sensitive and often boring info that would allow them to make informed decisions and recommendations but what would motivate them to speak publicly? Certainly not their own best interests as neither Hillary nor Trump would retain people who are willing to shove a sitting President's nose in camel-crap.

One could argue they don't have the big picture that is our global policy or even that their conclusions are misguided but their concern seems to be both informed and genuine ... unlike those here who depend on PressTV and Veterans Today for their news and "facts."

It is obvious to any sane individual that obama's foreign policy is absolute garbage, amateur hour at its finest. 500K people killed over a 5 year period, millions of arab muslims are flooding into europe, and people are asking if his policy is not a good one?

Democrats are the biggest fuckups when it comes to foreign policy. It's obvious that Obama inside his heart dislikes what capitalist America stands for and blames it for oppressing its own people as well as weaker nations of the world, which is why the first thing he did was to apologize to Muslims for America's "sins" of the past. Since that apology the Middle East has been on fire, and the world has witnessed the rise of ISIS and Islamic terrorist groups like never before. While America and the West have suffered terrorist attack after terrorist attack in the last 7.5 years. Not to mention our ratio ship with Russia and many critical countries has deteriorated dramatically, and we've turned our back on many of our allies.

To be honest it's hard to believe that Americans are so gullible to even consider Hillary Clinton as a viable cadidate after her disastrous record as Secretary of State....her lying to the American people about the cause of Ben Gahazi, corruption with the Clinton Foundation, and breach of trust and endangering our national security by having a private server and then destroying 38,000 emails so that the truth doesn't get out.

Normally, somebody like this should be behind bars for at least 50 years, but the president who is as corrupt and deceitful as she is, and the leftist controlled media which is a propaganda arm of the Democrat party are doing an amazing job promoting a criminal named Hillary Clinton to the presidency.

Outstanding post, perfectly written and stated.

Outstanding post, perfectly written and stated.

to the point of POETRY---bravo, Roudy

It is obvious to any sane individual that obama's foreign policy is absolute garbage, amateur hour at its finest. 500K people killed over a 5 year period, millions of arab muslims are flooding into europe, and people are asking if his policy is not a good one?
Exactly my point, how could the person behind this foreign policy disaster who also happens to be a criminal who lied to the country about the cause of a terrorist event actually be promoted for the presidency?

We should have absolutely zero involvement in all thing in the Middle East.
That is what led us to the situation we are in today

After Obama and Hillary engineered the Arab Spring which was the spark that lit the fire we now see, and the premature withdrawal of the troops from Iraq which gave rise to ISIS, it's hard to put Humpty back together without any involvement. If something is not done quickly there will be shootings and bombings like the Orlando massacre in most Western cities on a daily basis.

We should have absolutely zero involvement in all thing in the Middle East.
That is what led us to the situation we are in today

That's ^^^^^ what your kith and kin were saying about uncle adolf in 1935. I read your propaganda as a child ---way back in the 1950s----old tattered pamphlets fluttered about that little semi-rural/suburban Nazi enclave

Forum List

Back