Does Obama hate Texas as much as AZ?

It's been about a month since Tropical Storm Hermine tore through North Texas. One of the hardest hit areas was a condominium complex in Arlington. The floodwater was so high, dozens of residents had to be rescued.

Because of this, Gov. Rick Perry asked the federal government to issue a disaster declaration for 13 Texas counties, including Tarrant and Denton. On Sunday, Perry learned that the request was denied.

FEMA Denies Perry's Disaster Declaration Request - cbs11tv.com

I'd be curious to see how many disaster declarations have been denied. I've never heard of one until today.

Or as much as Texas hates Obama? Hillary won the primary here. But we have this little thing here called caucusing where those that don't have to work the next day can steal a 1/4 of her delegates by hanging out midnight and rallying in high school auditoriums.

It's like if you don't work and need to go to bed, you get vote twice.

He STILL lost here.

Just shows how out of touch Texas is from everyone else since the rest of the country overwhelmingly voted for Obama.

Texas is a welfare state in that it receives more federal money than it pays in taxes.

They are a firm believer in states rights and the 10th amendment. As such, they would be offended at the offer of federal money for what is clearly a state responsibility.

Then let them stop paying and receiving. You won't have a problem with that would you? You'd save you some money.

Absolutely...

Let Texas start paying its way and stop sponging off the rest of the country. We can start with them begging for flood relief.

They want limited government...lets give it to them

If we didn't have the rest of you sponging off the taxes we pay the Federal government and we could keep the money, who the fuck would need YOU losers?

Then let them stop paying and receiving. You won't have a problem with that would you? You'd save you some money.

Absolutely...

Let Texas start paying its way and stop sponging off the rest of the country. We can start with them begging for flood relief.

Just let us know where you want us to send illegal alliens--How about your back yard ?

OH HELL NO! THOSE are Texas tax dollars and economic infrastructure to pay. :doubt:

Absolutely...

Just let us know where you want us to send illegal alliens--How about your back yard ?

The way I look at it. Once Texas secedes from the union, the Mexicans will take back the state. Texas can become their new homeland....sort of like Israel

You mean take it back like they did in 1836? F-ing rube.

Oh..and this somehow got left out of the post that was sourced.

There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."
Governor Says Texans May Want to Secede From Union But Probably Won't - FoxNews.com

Sort of can understand that. It's hard to be proud of a traitorous, anti-constitutional, anti-american type like Rick Perry.

Nah. Better to be a nanny-state sheep like your dumb ass.

Oh..and this somehow got left out of the post that was sourced.

There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."
Governor Says Texans May Want to Secede From Union But Probably Won't - FoxNews.com

Sort of can understand that. It's hard to be proud of a traitorous, anti-constitutional, anti-american type like Rick Perry.

And he wants us to send him money because Texas has inadequate planning for water run-off? It was only a Tropical Storm

Shouldn't Texas be responsible for its own infrastructure? If it fails, why should a "limited government" bail them out?

Dumbest thing you said today.

Does Obama hate Texas as much as AZ?

He doesn't hate either.

On the other hand:

Do Texans hate Hispanics as much as Republicans hate the gays?
Obviously, you have NEVER been to Texas

We don't hate Mexicans (long as they aren't illegals)

Now, gays on the other hand............:ev

My sister is married to a guy from Texas and he's an obnoxious jerk!!! Most men from Texas are. Big know-it-alls that think they are just too much. Most of the women are very pretty and very sweet. But now I know why so many of them come to L.A. They certainly don't want to get stuck with a Texan for a husband.

You must a dumbass left coaster who thinks you know what's best for everyone. LA is full of thugs and idiots.

And speaking of rude and obnoxious, that's about what I'd call your post.

I'd be curious to see how many disaster declarations have been denied. I've never heard of one until today.

Or as much as Texas hates Obama? Hillary won the primary here. But we have this little thing here called caucusing where those that don't have to work the next day can steal a 1/4 of her delegates by hanging out midnight and rallying in high school auditoriums.

He STILL lost here.

Just shows how out of touch Texas is from everyone else since the rest of the country overwhelmingly voted for Obama.

Look at the election results and you'll find that people living in the large metopolitian areas here is Texas voted for Obama.

Maybe more. I swear i've never seen a President hate his fellow Americans the way this current President does. I guess it's all about the Saul Alinsky 'Rules for Radicals' and Reverend Wright "GOD DAMN AMERICA!" indoctrination for him. He was raised on that Marxist Anti-American stuff. It's too late for him to change now. He is what he is. Lets hope Americans wise up and begin the process of booting these creeps in November. Hopefully Hopey Changey will be a One & Doner. Get out and vote people.

Oh, go soak your head!!! Your radio is always playing the same boring tune. Get a clue.

I'm surprised Texas would beg the country to help them out.

They support a limited government and yet want my tax dollars to pay for their poor flood control planning

And you know what?? I would have been glad to help them. But not anymore. They think they are better than the rest of us. So let them solve their own problems.

This current President has divided this nation unlike anything i've ever seen before. His hatred for fellow Americans really is so shocking & sad. I've never seen a President hate & divide like this President has. A "Uniter?" Ha Ha! What a f*cking scam. It all goes back to his Saul Alinsky Marxist "Community Organizer" past. It's who he is.

Would you PLEASE take your meds??? You're running amok!!

Get a clue or just get. You don't know a damned thing about Texas you leftwingnut from the lands of fruits and liberty. Y'all's idea of liberty is I work and pay your rent.

Obviously, you have NEVER been to Texas

We don't hate Mexicans (long as they aren't illegals)

Now, gays on the other hand............:ev

My sister is married to a guy from Texas and he's an obnoxious jerk!!! Most men from Texas are. Big know-it-alls that think they are just too much. Most of the women are very pretty and very sweet. But now I know why so many of them come to L.A. They certainly don't want to get stuck with a Texan for a husband.

You must a dumbass left coaster who thinks you know what's best for everyone. LA is full of thugs and idiots.

Don't remind the DUmbass in LA that her fucking state is about 40 billion dollars short.. but she's too fucking stupid to care.

He STILL lost here.

In correct, moron. Get your facts straight. Obama lost the Democratic primary and two of your elitist superdelegates voted against their constituencies to had Obama a primary he should never have won.

Our President shouldn't be hating his fellow Americans. That's not what people expect of their President. I just hope & pray this guy is a One & Doner.

He STILL lost here.

Look at the election results and you'll find that people living in the large metopolitian areas here is Texas voted for Obama.

And they're the only ones. Most of those areas are full of nanny-staters and snowbird yankees that hate Texas but for some mysterious reason, moved here anyway.

Don't remind the DUmbass in LA that her fucking state is about 40 billion dollars short.. but she's too fucking stupid to care.

You mean that California's debt is higher than the other 49 state's debts combined?

Texas is a proud state and a firm believer in the 10th Amendment. They know that the Constitution says nothing about providing emergency relief to a state so the responsibility falls to the individual state.

Given Rick Perrys secessionist views, I would not want to insult the man by offering him money

Given YOUR views ... please stop giving them, liar.

Thanks for the neg Gunny.....

Texas can't have it both ways. They can either proudly belong to the union or get the hell out. Texas talks the talk when it comes to playing the Secessionist blow-hards. They scream about the 10th amendment and states rights. They moan for a limited government.

But when push comes to shove, they have their hand out begging just like every other state

Texas is a proud state and a firm believer in the 10th Amendment. They know that the Constitution says nothing about providing emergency relief to a state so the responsibility falls to the individual state.

Given Rick Perrys secessionist views, I would not want to insult the man by offering him money

Given YOUR views ... please stop giving them, liar.

Thanks for the neg Gunny.....

Texas can't have it both ways. They can either proudly belong to the union or get the hell out. Texas talks the talk when it comes to playing the Secessionist blow-hards. They scream about the 10th amendment and states rights. They moan for a limited government.

But when push comes to shove, they have their hand out begging just like every other state

We don't have it both ways. More dishonesty from YOU.

IF we didn't pay federal tax, I'd say it's our baby.

Since we DO, we want our fair share.

It's YOU and your dishonest argument trying to have it both ways.

Texans' tax dollars not only pay for disaster relief in other states; but it used in other COUNTRIES as well. Nice try rightwinger. We are talking about individuals who lost their homes. Refreshing to see those compassionate libs showing their true values again.

Texas receives .94 cents per every dollar paid to the federal govt. There are 33 other states that receive more per tax dollar with New Mexico being the highest at 2 dollars.

Texas should secede. It could survive quite well without federal tax dollars.

Can you give us a link to that?

I would love to know where each state stands.

Here ya go: This is from tax foundation.org. The numbers are from their latest published data in 2005.

The Tax Foundation - Federal Spending Received Per Dollar of Taxes Paid by State, 2005

It would also be mighty interesting to see how much a state could save by not having to comply with a lot of idiotic federal regulations.

Forum List

Back