Does Obama and supporters KNOW who pays Social Security & Medicare???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I was answering another thread when it dawned on me that Obama and Obamatrons may not realize who pays in addition to the employee the other half of social security and Medicare.

Then I realized there are millions of people that don't know this also!
Plus I KNOW millions of people don't KNOW what funds their unemployment check which is FUTA a 6.2% tax on first $7,000 paid to the employee BY the employer.. NOT the employee! This is how people get their unemployment checks from businesses!

In 2011 Total Federal Revenues and sources:
Personal income tax $1,015 47.4% people that work for companies that work for profits primarily.
Social security/Medicare tax 818 35.5% employer pays Half of total paid-- where will that come from???
Corporate income tax 181 7.8% corporate evil profits generate taxes - then dividends taxed again!
Customs,Duties, Misc. 131 5.7%
Excise taxes 72 3.1%
Estate & Gift 7 .4%
Total: $2,302 100%
Federal Revenues by Source

So again when Obama encourages coal fired utilities to go bankrupt and private health insurance replaced by single payer..
does HE have a plan to replace the $500 billion a year that comes from businesses share of Social security/Medicare/corporate taxes paid when the continued effort to degrade businesses, tear down evil corporations, and small business owners!

I thought it was the Social Security and Medicare elves. Is it not?!?! My world, it is crumbling.

I thought it was the Social Security and Medicare elves. Is it not?!?! My world, it is crumbling.

Hey.. as long as you KNOW that Obama apparently DOESN'T know that or why else is he constantly wanting businesses to fail or go bankrupt?

I mean how else would anyone make these comments:
He said so.."Brazil we want to be your best customer"!
"I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program.”
So, if somebody wants to build coal utility plant it’s just that it will bankrupt them
“Under my plan....electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."
I'd like higher gas prices.."

All of these and more are comments made by Obama that sure doesn't look like he understands that over $500 billion of Federal revenues come from these businesses he wants to go bankrupt!!!

I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program.”

I am too. I am for not-for-profit single payer universal health care - be it government or private. It would be a boon to this country and economy. Your precious corporations wouldn't have to worry about coddling their "necessary evil", lazy disposable employees with it anymore. That makes you happy, right?

Hey.. as long as you KNOW that Obama apparently DOESN'T know that or why else is he constantly wanting businesses to fail or go bankrupt?

I mean how else would anyone make these comments:
He said so.."Brazil we want to be your best customer"!
"I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program.”
So, if somebody wants to build coal utility plant it’s just that it will bankrupt them
“Under my plan....electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."
I'd like higher gas prices.."

All of these and more are comments made by Obama that sure doesn't look like he understands that over $500 billion of Federal revenues come from these businesses he wants to go bankrupt!!!

1. God forbid we seek to partner with a country with vast oil reserves that isn't in the middle of a revolution.

2. A personal belief in the advantages of single payer =/= legislative change to that effect. We didn't even get a public option out of ACA, let alone anything near single payer.

3. Obama believes that we need to make an effort to become more energy independent. Cap and trade was designed to push coal companies to become more efficient and environmentally conscious, not to destroy them entirely. As far as "I'd like higher gas prices" goes, it sounds good so long as you keep it out of context. Obama believed that higher gas prices might necessarily force Americans to consume energy more wisely, though he tempered his response by saying that large jumps in price are a bad thing because they put a strain on the average American. He's playing the long term game of energy independence and anyone with half a brain should be lauding attempts to make America more self-sufficient. Too bad it's a Democrat proposing the ideas. If he were a Republican conservatives would be peeing themselves in excitement.

Why would we WANT to pay more for foreign oil. Be more dependent?
Of course energy independent does happen when you shut down coal companies.
You don't make energy independent when you shut down Federal lands to exploration.

A totally perfect illustration is the Keystone pipeline that shows the IDiOCY of Obama!
How many barrels will be going to china once a day in a oil tanker on open seas? How many barrels
many be spread like the Exxon Valdez did over 1,000 of miles of open ocean destroying 1,000s o wildlife.
1,000,000 barrels a day at risk of disaster!
But Obama and stopped the flow of 250 barrels over one mile of pipeline!
That's it! Obama would rather risk spilling 1 million barrels on the open ocean then 250 barrels in one mile!

Does that make ANY sense?

New Topics

Forum List

Back