Does Obama actually care about his "jobs bill"?

Only if it increases his chances of being re-elected.

But we have to remember, this isn't about him or politics. This jobs bill is about putting Americans back to work!

Its not just a stunt. Its a damn stunt at our expense.

and he's giving stupid people who believe in him false hope, that this bill is going to help, when he knows it won't even pass.

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture3953-mrz091511dapr20110915124517.jpg

LMAO Good one.

Instead of staying in DC and meeting with the heads of both congressional parties trying to hammer out a deal to get his plan passed he is off running around the country "trying to sell it to the people". It seems to me that those Union workers gathered at his "campaign stops" don't actually have a vote in congress. Odd thing is, John Boehner does. Maybe someone should tell Obama how to work with congress instead of galavanting around trying to demonize them.

Perhaps you missed your calling as a political advisor?

But wait...this gaff ought to make you happy, right?

Don't you loathe Obama and hope he fails?

What then is your complaint?

Obama is, according to you, going to fail.

This news ought to make you happy.

I want Obama out of office, yes. But I dont want my business to be driven out in the process.

There are some people who will object to Obama's tactics whatever they are. If he's in Washington, he must be ignoring the will of the people and focusing on Washington elites. If he's not in Washington, he must be in permanent campaign mode and uninterested in governing.

Obviously, Obama wants to be reelected. However, talking to their constituents is probably the best way of getting members of Congress to vote for his bill. If every Republican who represented a center-left district where the bill was popular voted for it the bill would pass. I can't imagine Obama having the same impact speaking to Congressional Republicans directly.

Just curious, but exactly how many Republicans do you think there are representing "center-left " districts? Typically if a district is left leaning then they'll have elected a Democrat.

I find it humorous that Obama paints this bill as bipartisan and without flaw. If he actually cared about the working public, he would have come with a plan much fresher and innovative than this rehashed Stimulus II.

Forum List

Back