Does no one care about Dr. Laura? She's leaving radio!

Did she get fined by the FCC for saying it? Was she threatened by the big wigs?

Media matters......I love how she said they were some kind of hateful organization because they re posted her entire conversation since she took it down from her site.

Hateful because they played back HER conversation. lol
Yeah, She says she wants to be freerer "to say the things I believe that need to be said."

- 'Dr. Laura' Schlessinger Vows to Be Back After Quitting Radio Show - ABC News

things that need to be said?

"i hate liberals"
"i hate democrats"
"I hate gays"
"gays are perverts"
"blacks are *******"

well
of course
these things need to be said because there isn't anyone else out there saying them....

at least
not at her time slot on her stations

I have a special stop watch that I use to time the speed at which cons agree with her on these issues compared to the speed at which they deny she ever said them

I am just glad "Dr. Laura", who has no degree in psychology, psychiatry, or any form of counseling will stop playing one on the radio.

Schlessenger earned her Ph.D., but it was in Physiology. That doesn't quite equate to being a licensed health care professional.

Which explains her penchant for handing out really shitty advice on the radio. I still can't believe people would call her for advice. Hell, 90% of the time you knew exactly what she was going to say before the caller stopped talking.

I can't believe she was able to "practice" her quack psychology as long as she has been. She has a degree in PHYSIOLOGY--not psychiatry or even psychology. Anyone else who did this in an office would be arrested for fraud. I don't know what the difference is, but it is interesting that so many conservatives have embraced this woman who took another man from his wife, didn't know that her mother was rotting away dead in her condo--and more importantly didn't care. She decided to be an Orthodox Jew and then she got upset with them and is no longer a Jew--she is nothing if not just plain pathetic. They should have jailed this fraud a long time ago.

It's because she was more of an entertainer than anything else.

Do you honestly think a real mental health professional would say they could offer adequate advice/treatment for a problem over the phone?

Dr. Phil is almost as bad, but at least he had a bona fide license to practice.

Media matters......I love how she said they were some kind of hateful organization because they re posted her entire conversation since she took it down from her site.

Yep...its the Republican way. All you have to do is say you're a Republican...spew the usual talking points any chance you get...and the rest will follow worship and defend you to the death. You can do no wrong as long as you play ball.

Shame on the Good Doctor. We all know that white people aren't permitted to use the N word. Why, if you say that you must be a racist; if you are white, that is.

Grow some thicker skins. It's only a word.

" ******

a term that is racist, as long as the speaker of it is not black. Forbidden on most all of television and other forms of public entertainment, at times referenced to as the "n-word". However, "cracker", a term racist against whites, is a completely acceptable term used in any context of any national broadcast...hmm...
White man: I would like to know why "cracker" and, ahem, "******" are not equally forbidden *white man is put on trial for racist slander*"

Urban Dictionary: ******

Racism is simply stupid.
You are one STUPID MFer.

Seriously. This false equivalency (sp) is getting more than out of hand now.

When was the last time people used that word other than to make mock of the word itself? Moreover, what's the historical relevency of the word? Were scores of whites lynched in public and/or in private while using the word? Were whites made to be humiliated and belittled by the word? WTF are you really saying? Are you really this DENSE!!????

pic6.gif

pic7.gif

pic20.jpg

Oh the left is HAPPY she is leaving..heck ya, the HELL with all those people who called in to her show for advice all these years.

as long the lefties get to celebrate and believe they have WON SUMTHING OR SUMTHING.:eusa_shhh:
She brought it on herself. And how funny...after years of preaching about personal responsibility she has none herself.
Again...its the Republican way. Do as I SAY...not as I DO!

I suspect she has not given the full TRUE story. I understand she's lost quite some sponsors over this. Expect to see her employed by The Republican News Network in the near future.

Last edited:
I am just glad "Dr. Laura", who has no degree in psychology, psychiatry, or any form of counseling will stop playing one on the radio.

Schlessenger earned her Ph.D., but it was in Physiology. That doesn't quite equate to being a licensed health care professional.

Which explains her penchant for handing out really shitty advice on the radio. I still can't believe people would call her for advice. Hell, 90% of the time you knew exactly what she was going to say before the caller stopped talking.
:lol: I always figured there were a lot of people out there that like abuse.

Yep...its the Republican way. All you have to do is say you're a Republican...spew the usual talking points any chance you get...and the rest will follow worship and defend you to the death. You can do no wrong as long as you play ball.

You are one STUPID MFer.

Seriously. This false equivalency (sp) is getting more than out of hand now.

When was the last time people used that word other than to make mock of the word itself? Moreover, what's the historical relevency of the word? Were scores of whites lynched in public and/or in private while using the word? Were whites made to be humiliated and belittled by the word? WTF are you really saying? Are you really this DENSE!!????

pic6.gif

pic7.gif

pic20.jpg

Oh the left is HAPPY she is leaving..heck ya, the HELL with all those people who called in to her show for advice all these years.

as long the lefties get to celebrate and believe they have WON SUMTHING OR SUMTHING.:eusa_shhh:
She brought it on herself. And how funny...after years of preaching about personal responsibility she has none herself.
Again...its the Republican way. Do as I SAY...not as I DO!

I suspect she has not given the full TRUE story. I understand she's lost quite some sponsors over this. Expect to see her employed by The Republican News Channel in the near future.

I'm dumb? I have no problem with people of another color. You on the other hand.......

Damn, who am I going to listen to in the afternoon and my drive home?

Maybe Rush will increase his show to 6 hours.

SFC Ollie,

Have you seen "Eyes On The Prize?"

If you have...what did you take away from it?

If you haven't...why not?

Sincerely,
Marc

SFC Ollie,

Sincerely,
Marc

No I have not watched it on TV, I watch very little on TV. However i did live most of the years the series covers in a mixed intercity neighborhood. I believe I know pretty much what was covered.

What did I take away from growing up? I can't stand racism, it's stupid, and most of the racism I see today is not coming from white people. I cannot safely walk down the street where I grew up because I am the wrong color. However if I drive over to my nieces house and park in their driveway then I can walk around as long as my Nephew goes with me. But even he wouldn't take the chance of sitting down with me in the local bar 3 blocks away. Why is that?

SFC Ollie,

Sincerely,
Marc

No I have not watched it on TV, I watch very little on TV. However i did live most of the years the series covers in a mixed intercity neighborhood. I believe I know pretty much what was covered.

What did I take away from growing up? I can't stand racism, it's stupid, and most of the racism I see today is not coming from white people. I cannot safely walk down the street where I grew up because I am the wrong color. However if I drive over to my nieces house and park in their driveway then I can walk around as long as my Nephew goes with me. But even he wouldn't take the chance of sitting down with me in the local bar 3 blocks away. Why is that?
I wouldn't quite call racism "stupid." That is way too diminishing. Which gives me the impression you don't quite appreciate just how reprehensive, repulsive and destructive it is. And considering you have actually lived through it...I don't know what to say. You're coming off as not at all in touch with the situation.

Furthermore, it sounds like you're describing a tough neighborhood vs. a racist neighborhood. I'm not sure if any sap that looks like they aren't from there would feel safe. There's tons of neighborhoods like this across America, some mixed, some Asian, some Russian, some Irish, some black, etc.

BTW...what's your definition of racism? I suspect that you're confusing racism with prejudice.

SFC Ollie,

Sincerely,
Marc

turf battles. used to be that way in my all white neighborhood way back when.

SFC Ollie,

Sincerely,
Marc

is that racism or your own discomfort? i don't know the answer btw, because i'm not there. and i never discount the extent to which people are capable of hating 'the other'.

what i can say is that there is a long history of people not being safe in other people's areas. in looking at these things, you also have to look at the fact that black kids have been killed for going into white neighborhoods.....

The Dr. Laura Program - Blog

To those of you who are listening right now, I appreciate it. Thank you for tuning in to my show. Now, last Tuesday I used a word that I had never used before on air. I pulled myself off at the end of the hour. With one hour to go, we played a tape. Truthfully, I was so upset with myself; I was shaking. - Dr. Laura

:rofl:
Funny how she reversed herself later, saying she was leaving radio because she wanted to preserve her right to free speech.

Cons really hate Media Matters for playing back their words. How dare Media Matters.

The neighborhood when I graduated HS was about 80% black. There were blacks who looked for trouble with the white kids, but they were the minority. Of my ten closest friends growing up, 6 of them were black, 1 was PR. Color never made a difference to us.

Today the same neighborhood is all black with the exception of 2 people in a 6 block area. Yes those 2 are family members of mine.

Racism or prejudice? Good question, probably a mixture of the two. Still stupidity.

I didn't know who dr laura was before she quit so why the hell would I care after she quits?

I love how everyone keeps screaming " First Amendment". Her first amendment rights were imposed upon, her sponsors have every right to pull their ads, and Media Matters has the first amendment right to post her words. Palin and Laura really need to read the constitution again.

I love how everyone keeps screaming " First Amendment". Her first amendment rights were imposed upon, her sponsors have every right to pull their ads, and Media Matters has the first amendment right to post her words. Palin and Laura really need to read the constitution again.

This is true, she can say anything she wants, I guess some people forget they have to be responsible for what they say. And if what you say affects your job.... well, we've seen it all many times. Even professionals fail to engage brain before opening mouth at times.

LOL, Sarah Palin has been tweeting in support of Dr Laura! :lol:

The Dr. Laura Program - Sarah Palin Tweets in Support - Blog

As you know, Tuesday night I announced that I will leave radio at the end of my contract in December so I can speak freely and openly about issues that concern me without fear of retribution against my advertisers and radio stations.

On Wednesday, in her Tweet and Facebook, Sarah Palin made strong statements in my support. You may remember that, two years ago, I was less than enthusiastic when she was selected by John McCain to be his running mate, as my concerns were that having responsibilities for small children should preclude such a decision.

In spite of my criticism at that time, Sarah Palin came out in support of my decision to move on and tweeted this:

Dr.Laura:don’t retreat…reload! (Steps
aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased
2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence”isn’t
American,not fair”)

Dr.Laura=even more powerful &
effective w/out the shackles, so watch
out Constitutional obstructionists. And
b thankful 4 her voice,America!

I spoke with her yesterday and told her how impressed I was with her character. You don’t see such character much these days. I believe most folks would have had a more negative approach considering I had not been supportive at that time. But, nope, not Sarah. She is gracious and a woman of principles – no petty reaction.

She and I have a lot in common. We both find ourselves on the receiving end of vitriolic partisan attacks. We both made huge changes in our lives to be able to protect the people we love and have a freer context in which to try to help America’s families.

By the way, we had to end our conversation after a few minutes because she had to get her kidlet off to first day at school. Seriously adorable moment.

Forum List

Back