Does My Cat See Dead People?

Actually, I have two -- Prince Harry and Ginger. Both display the same behaviour and it sometimes freaks me out!

Many times I'll be sitting on the couch and either cat will jump up on the coffee table to be petted. Not always, but often I'll see that they're not looking at me, but behind me. They're looking at something, not at the wall behind me, but in the space between, and it's creepy enough that I have to turn around and look behind me -- nothing there.

I have seen things years ago, but not recently. I believe they're seeing something, so I googled it, and find it's pretty common with both cats and dog, but more so with cats.Anybody else notice this behaviour in pets?
My cat only lived 4 years. He had a defect in his circulatory system. Often he would stare at the ceiling in one particular spot in my bedroom like he saw someone. It become more frequent the closer he came to his death in his last few months. I kept thinking he saw a bug. My other cats don't do it, except one of them looks at the same place but only has a time or two.
I think I have a peeping Tom ghost.

Forum List

Back