Does My Cat See Dead People?

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
Actually, I have two -- Prince Harry and Ginger. Both display the same behaviour and it sometimes freaks me out!

Many times I'll be sitting on the couch and either cat will jump up on the coffee table to be petted. Not always, but often I'll see that they're not looking at me, but behind me. They're looking at something, not at the wall behind me, but in the space between, and it's creepy enough that I have to turn around and look behind me -- nothing there.

I have seen things years ago, but not recently. I believe they're seeing something, so I googled it, and find it's pretty common with both cats and dog, but more so with cats.Anybody else notice this behaviour in pets?

I have. Hubby had a yellow striped mongrel tom that would sit with him in our den in our house back in Cali. Once in awhile he'd stare at the space midway up the wall in the corner behind my recliner and hair out. Sometimes he'd hiss and/or run off. My little dog would get excited, maybe cuz he's dumb and catches excited, dunno. My big old dog just looked at them and called them bad names

Actually, I have two -- Prince Harry and Ginger. Both display the same behaviour and it sometimes freaks me out!

Many times I'll be sitting on the couch and either cat will jump up on the coffee table to be petted. Not always, but often I'll see that they're not looking at me, but behind me. They're looking at something, not at the wall behind me, but in the space between, and it's creepy enough that I have to turn around and look behind me -- nothing there.

I have seen things years ago, but not recently. I believe they're seeing something, so I googled it, and find it's pretty common with both cats and dog, but more so with cats.Anybody else notice this behaviour in pets?
I'm pretty sure some animals can see things people cannot see. Even as people we do not all see the same things in the spiritual realm. Most animals can sense evil in the presence of human's too. Had a dog that was generally very friendly and only growled at a few people in his life to warn them to not touch him.

I wish it was true LOL .... that cats could see dead people but

no lol

all they see is a tiny insect flying or some dust ...or little things like that invisible to our limited human eyes...

I don't care, I love my baby all the same :D

Oh my big dog, Rocky is like that. He loves most people but has shown impressive teeth and nasty growls to a couple people. One time my girlfriend had to stay with us for a few weeks. She brought her power boyfriend and Rocky promptly informed him he was gonna eat him. Guy had to stay upstairs the whole time which was fine with me.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

I've seen them react just about as a person would if they say one of those demonic things crawling across the ceiling or a wall.
It definitely can freak you out the first few times you see it.

What I suspect it is is that they can see dust particles that glimmer in the light, tiny ants or bugs or things we just can't see.

Of course, if there are demons among us and the animals do see them, said demons would probably feel safe revealing themselves to the animals since they can't tell what they see. Now THAT would be freaky...in fact I just got goosebumps writing it......lol

Oh my big dog, Rocky is like that. He loves most people but has shown impressive teeth and nasty growls to a couple people. One time my girlfriend had to stay with us for a few weeks. She brought her power boyfriend and Rocky promptly informed him he was gonna eat him. Guy had to stay upstairs the whole time which was fine with me.
My daughter's dog was growling at her back door in the kitchen one night, and daughter said when she went to investigate she saw like a white smokey appearance race towards the door. It happened about the same hour Rod's dad passed from what we could determine when she came and told me about it the next day.

Animals can see things humans don't. And pay attention to things we won't.
Spirits are always the answer to things humans can't fathom.

My daughter's dog was growling at her back door in the kitchen one night, and daughter said when she went to investigate she saw like a white smokey appearance race towards the door. It happened about the same hour Rod's dad passed from what we could determine when she came and told me about it the next day.

Oh my gosh! What happened at the door? Just disappeared?

You could be right. I've been through a couple things with no explaination

Suggestion for believers to consider. Rod walked the whole perimeter praying asking the lord in Jesus' name to keep all unclean things from our temporary winter residence when the holy spirit was with us showing spiritual manifestations in all sorts of ways. He did the same thing when we got back here. A cousins son of his told him year or so ago, 'sorry uncle Rod but I ain't never coming back to your house again'. Then he told Rod what happened here when we were moving stuff here from Idaho. Rod has gone to pick up some sandwiches downtown and evidently some really strange super natural things presented in from of his cousins teenage boy who was here all alone.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

I've seen them react just about as a person would if they say one of those demonic things crawling across the ceiling or a wall.
It definitely can freak you out the first few times you see it.

What I suspect it is is that they can see dust particles that glimmer in the light, tiny ants or bugs or things we just can't see.

Of course, if there are demons among us and the animals do see them, said demons would probably feel safe revealing themselves to the animals since they can't tell what they see. Now THAT would be freaky...in fact I just got goosebumps writing it......lol

That first paragraph gave me the willies. I got a real bad thing about things on walls and ceilings

Oh my gosh! What happened at the door? Just disappeared?
Yep she said it was something she caught like out of the corner of her eye and it was really fast.

We all have. And spirits have been the answer for many millennia
What's ironic is, even if spirits are real, its something we don't understand.

Depends, sometimes it is a matter of learning when being shown things of the spiritual realm.

Depends, sometimes it is a matter of learning when being shown things of the spiritual realm.
Possibly. But its also possible that is 30k year old rhetoric. I would bet spirits have been thought of since we had imaginations.

Possibly. But its also possible that is 30k year old rhetoric. I would bet spirits have been thought of since we had imaginations.
As little beings made in the image of the Creator/God we also create with our breath. That is what binding and loosing is all about.

Yeah, I've wondered if they were just easily entertained by some speck of something, but I do believe animals have a special connection with the spiritual realm. Babies and young children, I also believe, do too. As they grow older, that ability seem to evaporate.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure some animals can see things people cannot see. Even as people we do not all see the same things in the spiritual realm. Most animals can sense evil in the presence of human's too. Had a dog that was generally very friendly and only growled at a few people in his life to warn them to not touch him.
I know how to make dogs do that.

Oscar the cat who is believed to have predicted the deaths of 100 people at a nursing home.
Oscar-the-cat.jpg

Gifted: Oscar the cat is known for his amazing abilities

Forum List

Back