Does 'misspeak' mean lying?

Not just bad intel. They cherry picked what they wanted. They ignored what contradicted their desire to attack Iraq. They really aren't quite as innocent as your statement indicates.

Let's parse words some more. They mispoke their frigging self.:eusa_liar:

Wrong, we have as evidence the summary of the NIE from October 2002 and it CLEARLY states Iraq had WMD's, it clearly states Iraq was working to make more, it clearly states Iraq was trying to find terror groups to work with it. Then of course we have all the rest of the world, wanna explain how Bush used that mind control ray to make everyone else believe Iraq had those weapons?

She lied. She didn't exaggerate, she outright lied and the whole world saw it. She lied for the worst of motivations, selfishness, an attempt to bolster herself in the political game. It was a big, fat lie.

Bush, in the example given in the opening post, mangled his words. His intent wasn't to say, yes, we're trying to blow up our citizens too. I really don't like the weasel word "mis-speak" and its derivatives. There are plenty of other regular words that have accepted meanings without the need for another piece of Newspeak.

You know, unless your a moron, that the Mission Accomplished bullshit story doesn't fly. It was in fact true in the context it was presented, unless of course your to STUPID to understand the facts.

Jeez, this misspeaking must be contagious, "Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln, my fellow Americans: Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the Battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed. And now our coalition is engaged in securing and reconstructing that country." And maybe Bush misspoke, a sort of backward misspeaking since 97% of all causalities came after that misspeak.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/01/iraq/main551946.shtml

Wrong, we have as evidence the summary of the NIE from October 2002 and it CLEARLY states Iraq had WMD's, it clearly states Iraq was working to make more, it clearly states Iraq was trying to find terror groups to work with it. Then of course we have all the rest of the world, wanna explain how Bush used that mind control ray to make everyone else believe Iraq had those weapons?

Curious, but I remember those days well and a simple Google search countered most of the WMD propaganda. Fear though blinds quickly.

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." Hermann Goering

Jeez, this misspeaking must be contagious, "Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln, my fellow Americans: Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the Battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed. And now our coalition is engaged in securing and reconstructing that country." And maybe Bush misspoke, a sort of backward misspeaking since 97% of all causalities came after that misspeak.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/01/iraq/main551946.shtml

Which has nothing to do with Mission accomplished as if it referred to we were done in Iraq, unless you are a drooling mongloid idiot, unable to comprehend the spoken and written word. Is that what you are? Just curious.

I wonder why if the entire mission was accomplished he would mention the sentence
And now our coalition is engaged in securing and reconstructing that country.

So much for a claim we were done in Iraq. You dumb shits have no clue. Now when Rayboy makes the same ignorant comments I take great exception to it because HE does know better. Or rather he did when he was an active officer. No telling now, maybe senility set in.

werd.

But it's truly rich that the right wing all of a sudden gets litigious about what constitutes a lie. I mean, if Clinton was told there were snipers and she believed her advisors and used this info to push a political agenda...

rich. rich indeed.

1. The link is BBC, not the right wing.

2. If you are referring to ME as "the right wing," I suggest you go find the other thread on this topic and look at what i posted PRIOR TO opening mouth and inserting foot.

Ha! I can prove she didn't make a mad dash off the runway "running with her head down" under sniper fire! Which is, oddly enough, how she chose to describe it.

The decision to go to war in Iraq was based on bad intel - intel that didn't prove to be true - but still, intel from the US and British governments. Saddam may not have had facilities to build WMDs, but he sure was acting like he did, refusing to cooperate with UN weapons inspectors.

You can say the administration bit off more than they could chew by getting into this war, but that doesn't make them liars. I don't think George Bush exercised very good judgement about the war, but lack of good judgement is not the same as lack of integrity.

Dude, you will get NOWHERE speaking the facts around here.:eusa_wall:

Not just bad intel. They cherry picked what they wanted. They ignored what contradicted their desire to attack Iraq. They really aren't quite as innocent as your statement indicates.

Let's parse words some more. They mispoke their frigging self.:eusa_liar:

Oh Blah, blah, blah ....

Do you ever give that broken record a rest? You have NO evidence to back up your conjecture. End of story.

Oh Blah, blah, blah ....

Do you ever give that broken record a rest? You have NO evidence to back up your conjecture. End of story.

Actually, the evidence is plenty. It's just that collectively it still doesn't add up to definitive proof. However, I think it's pretty obvious to anyone viewing the matter objectively, that it's far more likely Bush lied than it is that he didn't. But you just keep on clingling to that denial enabling sliver of possibility. It's really all any Bush apologist has left.

You know, unless your a moron, that the Mission Accomplished bullshit story doesn't fly. It was in fact true in the context it was presented, unless of course your to STUPID to understand the facts. Is that what you are? TO DAMN STUPID to understand that a Carrier that HAD IN FACT COMPLETED it's mission had the sign on it? The carrier was returning home AFTER "gasp" completion of it's mission in the Iraq theater.

I love when you drooling Bush haters make it so easy to make you look like the morons you are on this issue.

like I said.. i've heard em before.

but, just so you know...

you probably arent making my point about the hilarity being ensued by right wingers all of a sudden getting litigious about what defines a lie.

1. The link is BBC, not the right wing.

2. If you are referring to ME as "the right wing," I suggest you go find the other thread on this topic and look at what i posted PRIOR TO opening mouth and inserting foot.

im referring to the people parading around this story like a may pole as if it's not ironic as hell that they have been deflecting what constitutes a lie since hindsight showed us a thing or tow about phantom wmds.

Forum List

Back