CDZ Does John Kerry deserve a Nobel Peace Prize?

History books are written about the wars we fought and the heroes involved, but has anyone written a history of the wars we didn't fight and the heroes involved in those periods of peace?

Very good point

Conservatives look at accomplishments in terms of whoo you bombed and what nations you conquered

What goes on behind the scenes to avert war is where the real heroes are

Can you please provide some support that assertion.

"My good friends, for the second time in our history, a British Prime Minister has returned from Germany bringing peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Go home and get a nice quiet sleep".

Neville Chamberlain

I am not sure anyone deserves a peace prize for this and I do think that we should wait and see what happens.

An agreement to extend time in order to make a final agreement is hardly reason to uncork the champagne.

That being said, most people are unaware that these negotiations have been going on for ten years, spanning the second half of President Bush's (43's) tenure as president and, until now, all of Pres. Obama's tenure. These talks have involved a number of countries, not just the USA and Iran.

But even if a deal is reached, we need to wait many years to see if it is actually going to be honored on all sides.

I am not too hopeful, knowing what a bad track record Iran has, but I think it is fair to say that Pres. Obama is giving it his best shot, in spite of lots of treachery within the US Senate (Republicans).
IMO, if any of our people deserve or deserved the Peace Prize it is Bill Clinton for helping to negotiate the Northern Ireland peace process.

Forum List

Back