Does it seem like a lot of people are buying cars?

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
Don't know about you but for the last several months I have noticed a big increase in the temporary license plates on cars that you get when you buy a car. It is not necessarily new cars but just a lot of them. I think this is an indication that people are starting to spend money and even though lot of them are used cars it is a good sign for the economy.

Another sign of better economic times is the frequency of seeing cars with one headlight seems to have diminished some too. People are spending money on replacing them. Still see too many of them but less.

Of course with the increase of gas those trends may start to turn. The car buying might also be because the used car market has recovered from the junker campaign of a few years ago where all the junkers were scrapped.

Also does it seem like there are a lot of license plates with TUF on them? When I see this I think there is a wimp, they have to put TUF on their plates to try and intimidate other drivers into thinking they are tough.

Fyi

americans bought smaller cars and suvs in march, as higher gas prices made fuel efficiency a top priority and rising employment meant more first-time buyers bought a vehicle.

The trends lifted u.s. Sales of new vehicles by 17 percent from a year earlier to 1.25 million, a healthy rate that shows the auto industry's slow and steady recovery remains on track. The monthly sales pace, adjusted for seasonal differences and projected out for the year, came in at 13.1 million. That's higher than last year, but still far below recent boom years when car sales hit 16 million a year.

Don't know about you but for the last several months I have noticed a big increase in the temporary license plates on cars that you get when you buy a car. It is not necessarily new cars but just a lot of them. I think this is an indication that people are starting to spend money and even though lot of them are used cars it is a good sign for the economy.

Another sign of better economic times is the frequency of seeing cars with one headlight seems to have diminished some too. People are spending money on replacing them. Still see too many of them but less.

Of course with the increase of gas those trends may start to turn. The car buying might also be because the used car market has recovered from the junker campaign of a few years ago where all the junkers were scrapped.

Also does it seem like there are a lot of license plates with TUF on them? When I see this I think there is a wimp, they have to put TUF on their plates to try and intimidate other drivers into thinking they are tough.
i have delivered about 7-8 on my route just this month....one guy got two....

Forum List

Back