Does it really matter?

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
Does it really matter what a politicians motives are in the political arena? I know most politicians are scum to begin with because if you want a job where you get to decide what other people are going to do then you must be power hungry to begin with but if they do what the people want then what difference does it make? Would you rather vote for a politician that reflects your own wishes rather than one who has pure motives behind their causes?

Does it really matter what a politicians motives are in the political arena? I know most politicians are scum to begin with because if you want a job where you get to decide what other people are going to do then you must be power hungry to begin with but if they do what the people want then what difference does it make? Would you rather vote for a politician that reflects your own wishes rather than one who has pure motives behind their causes?

I vote for the candidate who best reflects my desires on the issues most important to me. I don't care if the candidate 'believes in her heart' that AGW is correct, as long as she commits to voting against cap & trade, will not shut down or levy punishments on businesses that are currently providing energy and jobs, etc.

Jimmy Carter was 'principled' and sucked. My guess is Obama, while no gentleman in politics, believes his vision for the future is the right one for America, whether the people are with him or not.

Nope, give me those that are willing to reasonably follow the people, while certainly trying to convince them of his vision through the bully pulpit, teleprompter, whatever.

Forum List

Back