Does It Really Matter Who Wins?

It matters because their views on what the United States should be, which direction it should go in are drastically different.

Not to mention the fact that their Supreme Court nominations (and others)will be vital in how our Constitution (and laws) are interpreted in the future.

It matters because their views on what the United States should be, which direction it should go in are drastically different.

Not to mention the fact that their Supreme Court nominations (and others)will be vital in how our Constitution (and laws) are interpreted in the future.

Ya, but a Democratic Congress wouldn't let him put a reactonary judge on the court

Supreme Court nominations are one of the most important things that the next president will do. This is a great point.

Orange Juice wrote:
Ya, but a Democratic Congress wouldn't let him put a reactonary judge on the court

I would imagine that the Congress could only resist nominees for so long before the American people started complaining about them not agreeing to one of McCain's choices. He might not get through the most conservative choice but frankly, I don't see him being all that interested in a far-right justice. A moderate-right justice would still have a tremendous impact, just as a moderate-left justice would.

This is, I agree with Inferno, one of the most crucial issues to consider when choosing who to vote for during this election season.

Orange Juice wrote:

I would imagine that the Congress could only resist nominees for so long before the American people started complaining about them not agreeing to one of McCain's choices. He might not get through the most conservative choice but frankly, I don't see him being all that interested in a far-right justice. A moderate-right justice would still have a tremendous impact, just as a moderate-left justice would.

This is, I agree with Inferno, one of the most crucial issues to consider when choosing who to vote for during this election season.

I cannot disagree with you, but just saying McCain isn't the end of the world. And he really might destroy the right wing of the Republican party by marginalizing it so. We'll see

I cannot disagree with you, but just saying McCain isn't the end of the world. And he really might destroy the right wing of the Republican party by marginalizing it so. We'll see

In the current state of affairs I think McCain is looking far more right then he is. He may well pick better than far right judges.

I also think his plans for our military are far reaching and I think here his agreement with Bush is far to extreme and i think these are his actual views.

Yes, it does.

Oh, that doesn't mean I expect that the whole world will change, that the lion will lay down with the lamb and that all of us will live ahppily ever after, but it certainly will make a difference which man we elect for POTUS.

If you like where you nation is headed, if you support the Bush programs, if you think things are fine, cast your ballot for McCain.

If you think we need a change in direction, vote for Obama.

This is fairly obvious, no?

Yes, it does.

Oh, that doesn't mean I expect that the whole world will change, that the lion will lay down with the lamb and that all of us will live ahppily ever after, but it certainly will make a difference which man we elect for POTUS.

If you like where you nation is headed, if you support the Bush programs, if you think things are fine, cast your ballot for McCain.

So simple, yet so many just don't get it.

The election? McCain or Obama?

If $10,000 matters. You took a $10k step backward with Bush. If you average everything in, the middle class took a step backward so the rich could take a step forward. Want to continue down that path? Want to make it another $10K?

Think about what you now owe for the debt Bush doubled. Gas was $1.60 now it is $4. Your stocks took a step backward.

People who know McCain is a long shot will try to put that doubt in our heads. Now that we know McCain sucks, they'll say, "does it really matter".

Oh hell yes it matters.

Yes, it does.

It is not so simple as Change -vs- McSame...

What direction does that change take us?

I was going to write in my own name on November 4 until last nights speech. The change I've been hoping for includes:

1. Shut down the expensive government 'Of the professional lobbyists, for the professional lobbyists...'

2. Start spending The Peoples money on education and infrastructure.

3. Give incentive for American Entrepreneurs to come up with better ways of getting around and heating our homes (among other things) instead of killing incentive to protect the status quo.

If you saw Obamas acceptance speech, you understand why I truly hope that this guy is for real...

-Joe

I was going to write in my own name on November 4 until last nights speech. The change I've been hoping for includes:

1. Shut down the expensive government 'Of the professional lobbyists, for the professional lobbyists...'

3. Give incentive for American Entrepreneurs to come up with better ways of getting around and heating our homes (among other things) instead of killing incentive to protect the status quo.

If you saw Obamas acceptance speech, you understand why I truly hope that this guy is for real...

-Joe

Exactly Joe!

Yes it matters.

It matters more in this election than probably any in modern history.

If McCain wins we are sending a message to the world that we, as the AMerican people agree with what Bush has done for the last 8 years. We send a message that we want to keep things the way they are and have no interest in progressing past the unitlateral rule of Bush & Co.

If McCain wins I suspect we will be in more danger not less.

Not as simple as you would like to think. First of all, McCain is NOT Bush in spite of all the attempts to make us believe they are the same and secondly, if our country takes a direction other than the one it is taking now there is no guarantee that it will be better. Any reasoning person can tell you that. You know full well we can be a lot worse off than we are now.

-Joe

Yup.

He actually addressed quite a bit in that speech, I think, having now had time to read it.

Now whther he can actually get done some of the things he says he wants to do, is another matter.

But we can be damned sure that somebody who tells us he wants to stay the course in many of Bush's policies isn't even going to TRY to change things for most of us.

So, if you LIKE the direction we're headed, vote for the old White guy.

If you want to see the direction this nation is headed, vote for the younger Black fellow.

Are YOU better off that you were 8 years ago?

Then McCain's your guy.

If not?

Then he's not.

Last edited:

-Joe

Nice post Joe

Not as simple as you would like to think. First of all, McCain is NOT Bush in spite of all the attempts to make us believe they are the same and secondly, if our country takes a direction other than the one it is taking now there is no guarantee that it will be better. Any reasoning person can tell you that. You know full well we can be a lot worse off than we are now.

I also know full well it can get a lot better.

Forum List

Back