CDZ Does It Really Matter Who Gets Elected ?

I don't believe it does. Ever winning politician only won because of whoever their biggest donors were. Not like they're gonna take meetings with non-donors or Joe Plumber thereafter. They're gonna listen to who got them their office. And that's the corporations and uber wealthy. And covering their bets these rich elites donate to both sides. But ultimately party doesn't matter because the ones ohlding the purse strings are always the same.
You're not addressing the TOPIC of the OP either.

Answered the OP title's question. If you changed the question in the body of your OP that's your problem. :)

I don't believe it does. Ever winning politician only won because of whoever their biggest donors were. Not like they're gonna take meetings with non-donors or Joe Plumber thereafter. They're gonna listen to who got them their office. And that's the corporations and uber wealthy. And covering their bets these rich elites donate to both sides. But ultimately party doesn't matter because the ones ohlding the purse strings are always the same.

Yep.

Big money and bigger, more intrusive government won last night.
In a few cases maybe it did, like Rick Scott in Florida. But mostly, Democrats are not at all getting it. They lost because of the American people are startled by their lax attitude toward NATIONAL SECURITY (ex. ISIS, Ebola, Immigration invasion)

It's not the economy. It's the National Security, stupid.

:lol:

They lost because it's a mid-term. Whichever party's got the White House loses ground in the mid-term. It's a standing rule. You can set your watch by it. Post hocs need not apply.

I hate to be raining on the party of Republicans when they are being victorious in the 2014 midterm elections, but I have to bring up the following disturbing fact. That is that no matter what the Congress and state legislatures do, and what laws that succeed in passing, this all can be nullified by ultra-liberals in the courts, just by judge-shopping, and getting a court ruling against the laws.

Case in point >> In Florida, the state legislature enacted a ban on same-sex marriage. Then, a federal judge, Robert Hinkle struck down Florida's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage (August 2014). This same judge (an ACLU favorite), also shot down voter ID restrictions that Florida Republicans had created, to prevent illegal aliens and other non-citizens from voting illegally.

All this from ONE MAN. And I haven't even looked into this very deeply. Hinkle may have other squashes of the peoples' will, as well, as well as other judges.

Makes you wonder if it's worthwhile to go to all that trouble to pass laws, and do we really have a democratic process at all, if it can be subverted that easily ?

I'd say this is government out of control, going haywire, and needs to have something done about it. Too much power in the hands of the judiciary, at the expense of the legislators, and the people who put them there.
thinking.gif
wtf20.gif
geez.gif
No it does not. It's a constant circle.

You're not addressing the TOPIC of the OP either.

Answered the OP title's question. If you changed the question in the body of your OP that's your problem. :)
Not my problem The Title isn't the TOPIC. The TOPIC is developed in the body of the OP.And nothing was changed. If you don't know how to respond to an OP, that's your problem.

Yep.

Big money and bigger, more intrusive government won last night.
In a few cases maybe it did, like Rick Scott in Florida. But mostly, Democrats are not at all getting it. They lost because of the American people are startled by their lax attitude toward NATIONAL SECURITY (ex. ISIS, Ebola, Immigration invasion)

It's not the economy. It's the National Security, stupid.

:lol:

They lost because it's a mid-term. Whichever party's got the White House loses ground in the mid-term. It's a standing rule. You can set your watch by it. Post hocs need not apply.
Like I said, Democrats don't get it. Or won't admit it that the AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE NOT WITH THEM ON NATIONAL SECURITY.

No it does not matter. Just as martybegan pointed out, as long as Democrats or Republicans run the country NOTHING will change.

But it does matter to those they represent.

So if you believe the more conservative/libertarian (little "L") constituency have the more solid and productive agenda, you will vote Republican because that is the base they need to keep voting for them. They are much more likely to vote to meet the demands of that group.

If you believe the more liberal/statist/progressive constituency is on the higher road, you will vote Democrat because that is the base they need to keep voting for them. They are much more likely to vote to meet the demands of that group.

Otherwise, almost all of them are members of the permanent political class whose first priority is increasing their personal power, prestige, influence, and wealth. And everything they do is going to be toward that end.

No it does not matter. Just as martybegan pointed out, as long as Democrats or Republicans run the country NOTHING will change.

And for that to happen things will have to get very very bad.

common sense will tell you it matters a great deal. The people keep electing a govt that is left of center and the country has been drifting in that sad direction for 200 years.

Only the saintly Republicans keep the brakes on but even they cant stop what voters do.

It is the perpetual warlust and constant scaremongering the American people are weary and skeptical of.
HA HA. Amazing how clueless some people are. Well, keep thinking that, and the Democrats will lose big again (even worse) in 2016. It's the National Security, stupid.

Does It Really Matter Who Gets Elected ?

In the grand scheme of one's life it is petty. Pols do little for anyone but themselves.

Forum List

Back